Feeding through assistance please.

gorefangs

So i currently have eleven species of meat eaters. 

I am having difficulty figuring out the best combination to reduce raw meat waste. Does cooked meat give the same amount of food as raw? They both have the same food amount, bit the description is misslesding. And when i put raw cooked and jerky in, ill hit heal all to see whst goes how. Sometimes the jerky goes first sometimes the raw meat goes.

Can i get the same food amount filled from cooked as raw when in a through? 

Also, which is better berries or veggies? Ive spent a few days trying to figure this out. 

Cooked meat has less food value for animals, but it lasts much longer in a trough. Therefore, you will have a lot less spoilage, which is usually the main cause of food loss in a trough. If you have an industrial grill and can cook meat in large masses, it'll save you a lot of hunting because your feed troughs will stay full much longer.

As far as herbivores, veggies give more food value than berries, but like raw meat, they spoil quickly (not to mention they are much more difficult to obtain). I just use berries in the trough for herbivores. Mejo are best because they have a slightly higher food value than other berries.

TheHarlequinn77 is correct.  Your tames consumption of meat from the trough will vary depending on how active you are in your base, how active your dinos are, and how many other players come in rendering distance to your base.  To see how much your dinos consume, place a couple of rows of cooked meat and 2, 500 stacks of mejoberries in a trough.  Check on it after 6-12 hours.  Just subtract the first stack from the second stack, and that will be their consumption for that period of time.  If you have the battlement walls and wild dinos do not spawn inside or get inside your base, then I would place all your dinos on passive and off of wander.  This will keep their food consumption lowest.  The only time to put raw meat in a trough is if you are feeding a baby giga or a lot of baby carnivores.

Okay, thanks. Ill cook it all up then. I am sole admin so I have everything. Veggies are no problem for me to harvest i have 5 crop plots for each, with gnomes and my only herb. Are trike dodo and equss. 

The only animals i have on wander are dung beetles, and my scorpions on inside base guard duty. But the beetles are in cages next to pens.

Outstanding gentlemen! Thank you! I have been at wits end of late trying to keep too many tames (for too many people) fed. The info on cooked meat vs. raw meat and on veggies ( I can reduce narco berries and grow a ton of veggies with ease) is a huge blessing! Thanks be to God for you men and your advice!

- Rakkasan

5 hours ago, Rakkasan said:

Outstanding gentlemen! Thank you! I have been at wits end of late trying to keep too many tames (for too many people) fed. The info on cooked meat vs. raw meat and on veggies ( I can reduce narco berries and grow a ton of veggies with ease) is a huge blessing! Thanks be to God for you men and your advice!

- Rakkasan

I found, that if you have two baby griffins, with paddle ball toys, one regular and 6 adults... you go through a fridge of meat and a half a real life day :X

Im still trying to figure out what veggies work best. i am hoping it doesnt matter, but i think the dodos like the citra whatevers. Rock carrot for horses, corn for trikes. No proof, just some thiings ive noticed. Ive had no issues since i switched to just cooked meat.

And BTW. I HATE BRONTOS!!!!!!!!! They lag sooooooo badly. They need to make a smaller option that does just as well.

You can get a lot of food out of a small garden with lawn gnomes. They make everythinging grow faster with less fert.

So the wiki says cooked fish lasts 2 hrs. Which is longer then meat. It says that all carnos will eat fish meat. Has anyone tried using cooked fish meat for land dwelling carnovores to see if this is true?

I noticed sharks won't eat land meat from through.as well sweet veggie cakes are supposed to last the longest of the veggies.

So I’ve used fish plenty of times. I can tell you that all meat eating animals will eat fish but not all meat eating animals will eat regular meat. It fulfills less hunger and in my unscientific observations it feels like it spoils faster. I keep otters and a baryonyx around so I have to keep some fish in the trough. If I happen to be at my raft for a bit I can haul home a ton of fish meat. I typically drop a ton of it when in the ocean.  

Now if you want to start talking fish, I'm here to help.

If you are crazy enough ( I am, because it's my island. Lol), tame a Tuso. There simply is no better fish harvester. If you know where to go you can fill 4 or 5 fridges full of fish meat or more with just 20 minutes or less of hunting with a Tuso. Probably less time if you're focused.

Megs give good amounts of fish meat. Ichtys drop nice quantities of raw meat, which is a nice bonus.

Tusos are just wonderful all around hunters.

Archived