I don't get it?

Kaylai

I thought the s+ mod would be integrated into the game including all of it's features but it seems we only get a few of the features?
Did I misunderstood the whole thing? Do we only get a few of the s+ features?

I notice lots of small features are missing. Auto-opening doors/hatches, turning a railing into a half wall, stackable foundations, hiding wires and pipes etc.

Now my s+ isn't working and building is quite meh without it, especially when I can't hide wires and pipes.
Wires and pipes are the root to all evil when building pretty things xD

Yes, I thought I would be able to hide my wires/pipes too.

Other wonky things happened too like not being able to craft these items in an argent, folder locations etc.

Example:

Where is the New S+ Metal Structure after unlocking the engram?

Is it in the Structure->Metal Folder? NO!, it's in a Metal Folder! "I don't get it".

1 hour ago, Sikaflex said:

Yes, I thought I would be able to hide my wires/pipes too.

Other wonky things happened too like not being able to craft these items in an argent, folder locations etc.

Example:

Where is the New S+ Metal Structure after unlocking the engram?

Is it in the Structure->Metal Folder? NO!, it's in a Metal Folder! "I don't get it".

I haven't gotten to play it yet since my console is being fixed rn, but I thought there was supposed to be a hover-over option to change the looks of the structures after you've place them.

2 hours ago, Oalka said:

They never said they were integrating the whole of S+ into the game. The Homestead update has been on test servers for a month, and they announced the contents of it more than a month ago.

except this homestead update also includes other changes that have broken the game, which were clearly not tested by anyone.

Thank you for the replies!

I have been away for quite some time and didn't know about the Homestead-patch until I saw a trailer about it the other day.
After that I read a bit more about it and thought that all of the s+ features was going to get implemented but I clearly misunderstood.
Searched the internet for more answers but I came up short and turned to you guys instead!

Thank you for clearing this up for me ❤️

3 hours ago, Kaylai said:

I thought the s+ mod would be integrated into the game including all of it's features but it seems we only get a few of the features?
Did I misunderstood the whole thing? Do we only get a few of the s+ features?

I notice lots of small features are missing. Auto-opening doors/hatches, turning a railing into a half wall, stackable foundations, hiding wires and pipes etc.

Now my s+ isn't working and building is quite meh without it, especially when I can't hide wires and pipes.
Wires and pipes are the root to all evil when building pretty things xD

its a pick and choose thing for the devs. if you want all the s+ things just use that because they will never implement everything into the base game because alot of it is a qoa for pve which is never their primary focus.

7 hours ago, ArkRage said:

You can slightly change the look of foundations but they may as well not have bothered cuz I don't notice much difference xD

You  need to get your eyes checked.

They work great for hiding nasty holes that would ruin the otherwise perfect look of a base, especially if foundations are not laid out flat. Had someone's base in Island full of unnerving holes made from Metal Foundation. The block mode hides all the holes, making it look neater.

14 hours ago, OtterlyRidiculous said:

its a pick and choose thing for the devs. if you want all the s+ things just use that because they will never implement everything into the base game because alot of it is a qoa for pve which is never their primary focus.

But they still used the same names for the engrams, making it not play nice with the mod. So to me it's not integrating the mod, but only picking a few things from it. They should not have used the same engram names if they did that.

To me the whole thing is a useless effort unless they take (nearly) the whole mod.

Me and my friends play on an unofficial server we host ourselves. We have jobs and families and can not afford the grind and mind numbing repetition that is built into the core game. The automation of Structures Plus makes the game playable. You can call it "cheating" but we would not play the game, and most of us would not have bought the game, if there was no Structures Plus and some other mods.

The automatic torches, the automatic doors, the gatherer, the nanny, etc. These are essential for people like me who only play 1-2 evenings a week.

I would have been happy with a few config options to turn things off you don't want on official or in PvP.

That the Structures Plus mod has 1.9 million installs in Steam says quite a lot.

44 minutes ago, CCRogerWilco said:

But they still used the same names for the engrams, making it not play nice with the mod. So to me it's not integrating the mod, but only picking a few things from it. They should not have used the same engram names if they did that.

To me the whole thing is a useless effort unless they take (nearly) the whole mod.

Me and my friends play on an unofficial server we host ourselves. We have jobs and families and can not afford the grind and mind numbing repetition that is built into the core game. The automation of Structures Plus makes the game playable. You can call it "cheating" but we would not play the game, and most of us would not have bought the game, if there was no Structures Plus and some other mods.

The automatic torches, the automatic doors, the gatherer, the nanny, etc. These are essential for people like me who only play 1-2 evenings a week.

I would have been happy with a few config options to turn things off you don't want on official or in PvP.

That the Structures Plus mod has 1.9 million installs in Steam says quite a lot.

You need to understand that some core functions and items of S+ can literally break the vanilla game if its fully introduced, and usually that would result in more QQing, especially from the PvP branch (since we technically don't have separate PvE/PvP ruleset). "Having a job and family" simply isn't an excuse for the devs to introduce all things from S+ into the vanilla game; We all have lives, not just you, but making it too easy simply further ruins the game. You don't see it that way, but to some, it might, especially automation.

They used the same name since they are integrating some of it, NOT truly making it part of it. And before you quote on the "few config option", I am aware, it just won't help either with the balancing. We aren't the one handling the server stability, they are.

I don't mind having the s+ mod as a standalone mod, unfortunatly it's not working now though.
Still can't snap foundations or hide irrigation pipes and electrical wires for example.
Tried wiping all of my singleplayer data + mods but it didn't help.

I thought that since the s+ mod isn't working the Homestead patch would have all of the features integrated, wishful thinking I guess from my part.
It's great that players that doesn't use the s+ mod gets to try parts  of s+ with the Homestead patch even if they don't want to run with the whole s+ mod.

Please fix the s+ mod though, I want to play with it enabled ❤️:D

1 hour ago, CCRogerWilco said:

Agree with this.

I thought I could remove s+ mod from my server config since the last patch, but this clearly not going to happen.

Beyond the new structures added, this mod enhance from far the game experience for people who can't no life the game.

Since there is no option for enabling all s+ engrams, Imho this update have no interest.

7 hours ago, CCRogerWilco said:

agreed man but the devs have shown time and time again that pvp is their only focus which is why i said just use the mod if you want everything it has to offer (reading that now i should have made that a bit clearer). i still hope for a pve balance separate of pvp balance but im doubtful that that will ever happen with out the help of mods atleast for this game.

Archived