homestead What HAVE you been able to do since Homestead update?

BlueFox91

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On our private PVE server running Ragnarok the lag is primarily evident just around my base in the foothills of the redwood forest. I can move around the base itself fine, but there's an invisible wall of lag circling the base just outside the perimeter. I've found I can fly high over it to reduce its effect, and thus am able to come & go that way. Basically I'm just running missions to feed my dino army until I can get back to building. 

Meanwhile all building is on hold, and I'm part way through a major renovation so its super annoying. I've temporarily removed my taming pen and can't build another. 

Interestingly, the wall of lag roughly follows my outer walls and string of torches I have placed around a nearby lake. 

Unofficial.  

All I've been able to do is build with CKF mod (nothing else works) and deco out of mods mainly.  Our 6 server cluster is dead for actual players.  Wife and I were the only ones on tonight and she gave up rather fast.  I tried to do a wyvern flight for the Stark Wars drops but turned around in about 5 secs due to all the freezes.

And, if they have a fix they're working on, why not post it here rather than reddit/FB, etc etc etc.  Aren't these the "official" forums?  I'm old, couldn't care less about social media.

8 hours ago, BlueFox91 said:

What have some of you been able to accomplish working through the freezing and crashes? Maybe nothing, but I'm bored.

This patch has been a blessing in disguise. 

I've spent hours completely engrossed in a game - real and genuine interest from loading to realising I have work in the morning and needing to turn off. First time I've had this feeling for months! 

Of course, I'm talking about Stellaris : console edition that I've been playing as Ark is a messy shambolic mess. 

I don't have more crashes than before the update. Freezing for like 25 seconds only when I leave my base (not enter it) and strangely it's only in a 50-100 meter radius around it.

Now that S+ is on PS4, I can finally build proper hexagons, so I'm finally starting my lighthouse and fortress project. Been testing and practicing in single player creator mode for hours, before I build it on my official server.

2 hours ago, AdligerAdler said:

I don't have more crashes than before the update. Freezing for like 25 seconds only when I leave my base (not enter it) and strangely it's only in a 50-100 meter radius around it.

Now that S+ is on PS4, I can finally build proper hexagons, so I'm finally starting my lighthouse and fortress project. Been testing and practicing in single player creator mode for hours, before I build it on my official server.

i have tested and for me seem that issue is that freezeing comes when stuff is going to be renderd out. That so called perimeter is just distance when behind you your base starts rendering out.

I finished 2 of my big dino storage buildings that have been waiting for the 4 high walls for months now on both pc and Xbox. Could finally finish those and bring in the dinos.
While I did that I realized what we really need to go with the 4 high walls now is 4x4 ceilings and 4x4 foundations. The walls go up quick now , but it still takes ages
to put in the foundations and ceilings for the big buildings.

7 hours ago, urmas said:

i have tested and for me seem that issue is that freezeing comes when stuff is going to be renderd out. That so called perimeter is just distance when behind you your base starts rendering out.

Interesting. Rendering in or out I take it... seems to work both ways. I am experiencing the same thing. 

Archived