kibble rework Fixing the kibble system

Zahlea

Hello,

Cooking pot is what I use both pvp pve the limit is to make sweet veggie cake (30).

Recipes are meant for pve with all that is required i.e. industrial cooker.

Just love the imprints now since that was never possible starting in pvp with the old system.

Even in pve players can not tame a queen bee. So please make the cooking easier.

I never cared for the kibble tree but now when it is gone i want it back as option.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Zahlea said:

Oh, yeah, of course. That remark is purely selfish that I'll probably be fine. I do feel sorry for you guys on official or console that can't do mods. For what it's worth, I'll try my best, whatever impact I can make, to get it into vanilla without the need of a mod!

Dont worry zahlea i wasnt saying anything against u, i was talking about wc lack of fixing things, especially when some1 has already fixed it for them is just sad.

1 hour ago, ArianaGaming said:

Hello,

Cooking pot is what I use both pvp pve the limit is to make sweet veggie cake (30).

Recipes are meant for pve with all that is required i.e. industrial cooker.

Just love the imprints now since that was never possible starting in pvp with the old system.

Even in pve players can not tame a queen bee. So please make the cooking easier.

I never cared for the kibble tree but now when it is gone i want it back as option.

Rare flower tames queen bees.  Its really easy, im on pve

What is most worrying to me personally right this moment is that, in the latest community digest there is no mention of some of the kibble bugs. Big one that stands out to me is the issue of dinos not on Island/Center asking for old kibble for imprinting purposes. Not to mention the issues with certain dinos not taking kibble correctly (IIRC, aren't Rock Golems one of those?). 

11 minutes ago, Eldar Seer said:

What is most worrying to me personally right this moment is that, in the latest community digest there is no mention of some of the kibble bugs. Big one that stands out to me is the issue of dinos not on Island/Center asking for old kibble for imprinting purposes. Not to mention the issues with certain dinos not taking kibble correctly (IIRC, aren't Rock Golems one of those?). 

Fixes incoming but no mention of what exactly yet:

https://arkdevtracker.com/?post=aqwylmva

On 3/20/2019 at 6:31 PM, SaltyMonkey said:

Fixes incoming but no mention of what exactly yet:

https://arkdevtracker.com/?post=aqwylmva

They fixed my biggest issue!!! ? As much as I have talked about it, I was really unsure it would happen. But they added more eggs to the Extraordinary kibble recipe! Not the egg I would choose, but I'm not picky and not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth :P

Kibble

• Set Yutyrannus eggs to be usable with Extraordinary kibble recipes

On 3/20/2019 at 6:20 PM, Eldar Seer said:

Not specifically Island/Center, but maybe these fixes apply to those to? ?

Kibble

• Fixed imprint requests on Scorched Earth
  • Fixed imprint requests on Aberration

Well... it is a dino you are going to want to acquire as you play, due to its usefulness in boss raids if nothing else. Part of me wishes that if it is being allowed to produce extraordinary kibble Megalania would be allowed to as well, but beggars cannot be choosers. I would also like to see the Hesperornis's numbers (and possibly the mechanic itself) reworked so that it would actually act as a viable extraordinary egg source. As it stands, it still is going to have the aforementioned issues regarding how many fish it will need to eat, and is likely one of the creatures very few people like to tame and use. I actually like the concept behind it (it's entire gimmick is more or less based on cormorant fishing), it's simply not well implemented. I would argue that at this point it needs a TLC pass alongside the plesio, carno, and others. 

It might be tricky to properly balance, though.

3 minutes ago, Eldar Seer said:

Well... it is a dino you are going to want to acquire as you play, due to its usefulness in boss raids if nothing else. Part of me wishes that if it is being allowed to produce extraordinary kibble Megalania would be allowed to as well, but beggars cannot be choosers. I would also like to see the Hesperornis's numbers (and possibly the mechanic itself) reworked so that it would actually act as a viable extraordinary egg source. As it stands, it still is going to have the aforementioned issues regarding how many fish it will need to eat, and is likely one of the creatures very few people like to tame and use. I actually like the concept behind it (it's entire gimmick is more or less based on cormorant fishing), it's simply not well implemented. I would argue that at this point it needs a TLC pass alongside the plesio, carno, and others. 

It might be tricky to properly balance, though.

Indeed, the play on urban legend/lore/childhood story is actually quite creative, it just needs polished

They fixed my biggest issue!!! ? As much as I have talked about it, I was really unsure it would happen. But they added more eggs to the Extraordinary kibble recipe! Not the egg I would choose, but I'm not picky and not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth :P

I have a pointer to your Google Sheet posted early in this thread. Could you update it please?

19 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Has there been a common idea to better the system posted in the 5 pages? Maybe an updated main page with common ideas / liked changes people have posted so they (WC?) doesnt have to search

Very good idea! Although, I don't know if there have been a lot of ideas agreed upon... Maybe the extraordinary kibble, but they fixed that :D

Edit: Since the problem getting the most space in the OP and throughout this thread has been fixed, maybe it would be an idea to create a new thread?

53 minutes ago, Eldar Seer said:

I mean, this thread was not just about extraordinary kibble. It was about tweaking the system to give a better experience. I would argue we still need a few dinos that "punch above" the tier of kibble they eat, for example. 

Ya, especially when we hav a few that drop below like the spino

54 minutes ago, Eldar Seer said:

I mean, this thread was not just about extraordinary kibble. It was about tweaking the system to give a better experience. I would argue we still need a few dinos that "punch above" the tier of kibble they eat, for example. 

Very true. My question was if the discussion would benefit from creating a new thread discussing only the things that haven't been addressed yet... Am I correct in reading your meaning as that not being necessary?

Archived