kibble rework Fixing the kibble system

Zahlea

10 hours ago, MackTheKnife said:

With an entire server to myself and like less than 5 friendly people? Definitely doable. Between the CP spawns in southwest/redwoods and almost all metal available with a 700% anky with no one to challenge you, you can most definitely spam the living hell out of metal structures in no time.

The breeding takes longer than the base, honestly. 

Legacy?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The gold egg is annoying yes but very doable.  U just tame a hesp, then order it to kill fish(And let it eat it).  After 5 fish itll lay an egg so go to land.  The 3rd or 4th egg will b golden.  The thing im hating the most is how the thyla and megalania are in the final egg group.  Those definitely dont deserve that lvl and should b swapped out with the giga and mosa which are currently sharing the same teir as the spino and rex *facepalm*.  Then the spinos egg dsnt fit in that same teir breaking the new pattern of the system *facepalm*.  Then the fact u hv to horrible tame dinos in a tier b4 u can make kibble for that teir, the old system at least allowed u to progress and avoid wasted tames.  Really most of the final kibble tames break progression bc to b getting wyvern and drake eggs means ur at that lvl...Arnt lik all the creatures who want that kibble unlocked halfway b4 these end game tames u probably hav already bc ur looting the eggs?  Im not gona downgrade to a griffin when im already riding a wyvern.  Sadly the golden egg IS the only saving grace for that kibble teir  bc u can get it at lik lvl 5.

Ok, outside the rant, i agree there probably should b more ways to make that last kibble teir.  The quetz and titanboa used to b special eggs so i could see them being used for it.  Even so the thyla and megalania need to go down to superior(at least) and the giga and mosa need lifted back to their rightful end game kibble teir.  Heck u could put the quetzal in their too (after u buff it somehow[Open for ideas bc it has no purpose anymore]) which would go with the new pattern if u make its egg be in that teir.

4 hours ago, Demerus said:

Kibble Rework Rework 

Coming 2020!

Ark is actually a world engine driven by the tears of its playerbase. Wildcard is raptoring us over for the good of the world, surely!

23 hours ago, Zahlea said:

What's your main issue? Is there something in the post you disagree with? :) 

I can't disagree with anything really. My main issue, which your post exposes, is that there went very little thought into this redesign. I'd rather they didn't touch it at all instead of doing this half assed change.

23 hours ago, TheBlastMage said:

That or make golden eggs have a repeatable trigger to make them spawn, not an easy one, but a repeatable one such as killing a fish over a certain size with the hesperornis.  Anything that's better than just random chance.

To be fair, they lay an egg every 25 fish eaten... or do you mean the randomness of whether it's an ordinary or a golden egg? In the latter case, I fully agree with you! It takes so long to get just one egg, not to mention that they're unstackable with a short spoil timer that you'd have to drop everything you're doing to rush to create that kibble everytime you see a golden egg :( Your suggestion would solve that.

23 hours ago, bedbug said:

or pay some respect to this history of the game. Ever since day one, on the island, titanboa eggs have been special. They have always been the most valued eggs. This would allow players that dont have the time or money to play on multiple maps, the opportunity to get the full game experience. Make titanboa eggs special again!!

If I'm honest, to me personally, the titanoboa eggs aren't very special - I've never even tamed them and ruled out kibble taming the Gigantopithecus... but I'm fine with making the eggs special again... but I'd prefer it if they also increased the egg spawn (or the amount of dinos "saved" from not having the need of as massive of a kibble farm would be used in titanoboas just to get a decent amount of eggs).

22 hours ago, MackTheKnife said:

Why does everyone always have to do whine? I thought the kibble rework is great because i’m a solo guy with no one to help me, now i get kibble pretty quick for the best tames. 

And why can’t people just transfer dinos to their map? Go on one map, tame it, bring back to home map. 

I hope you do realise that you're the only one whining here? I get that you're tired of whining posts, but you must recognise when a discussion is constructive (you can tell from the way the problem is clearly stated as is a possible solution instead of just going "this is bad!"). I'm happy for you that you're satisfied with the rework, but just stating that it's great is as unhelpful as whining. If you can't explain why, you don't give the developers anything to work with when they listen to the community to see if changes need to be made. So if you're only contribution is to whine about whining, you're better of doing that in another post.

I stated clearly in my main post that a core mechanic really has no excuse for not working properly on any map in isolation or any combination. If they get the isolation part, they get the "any combination" part for free. Now, you can disagree on me on that point, or on what the problems or solutions are, but in that case you need to explain why you disagree. 

10 hours ago, Klakky said:

The best kibble that can tame anything shouldnt be easy to get.... Honestly it kinda is, wyvern eggs r easy, rock drake eggs r easy, hesperonis golden eggs a bit harder and more time consuming. But it takes raw fish prime meat so it kinda levels it out.... Its amazing we can finally perfect tame anything with the kibble it needs!

No need for a bunch of kibble dinos, an army of rexs for a boss fight will do for most, and few better dinos should be harder to get the kibble for even if it's easy atm. 

On the new kibble names, well we gonna get used to it. Its color coded so its easy, cyan is ascendant yellow is mastercraft etc. So u can tell which is best and which is worst easily

I disagree with you on the point of golden eggs. They're a pain to get, don't stack and spoil quickly. As stated in the first post, I agree with you that wyvern and rock drake eggs work well in the category, but that's of no use to The Island or The Center.

I also must say - as stated in the third issue in the main post, there are several creatures without any preferred kibble.

7 hours ago, Bigzz said:

As a person who does not have every animal ever tamed...i like this change. I can now use what I got and make kibble for most scenarios. 

I'm never arguing against the change at large... I'm arguing that the top tier is nigh unobtainable. May I ask if you've attempted to get that one yet and if so: on what map? Also, if you've tried imprinting when breeding?

19 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

@Zahlea Ru taking the hesp to land to lay eggs periodically or going straight for a large number 1st?  Iv found if i dont let it lay every 5 fish then it takes longer for a golden egg.  U kno u can put those eggs in preserves and fridges right.

Yeah, what @Eldar Seer answered - are you saying they lay eggs more often than every 25 fish?

On 3/7/2019 at 4:51 AM, Zahlea said:

As for the other maps, what I gather from the forums is that Wyvern and Rock Drake eggs work ok and as either of these is present on all the other maps, I guess there isn't much of a problem there. However, I don't know how feasible obtaining these dinos is on those maps.

This is coming from a hunter, not a tamer.

With both Wyverns and Rock Drakes, you have to steal their eggs and incubate them to raise them up to be your tames. You cannot tame adult Wyverns and Rock Drakes. Stealing their eggs is very hard. They all try to kill you because you are an egg thief.

Some experts on YouTube espouse especially if you are on single player to just type in a few codes to either obtain the extraordinary kibble or the eggs for the extraordinary kibble because it's just too ridiculously hard to get them.

50 minutes ago, Eldar Seer said:

@Onimusha759 , to my understanding they only can lay a golden egg every 25 fish or so. Is this not correct?

13 minutes ago, Zahlea said:

Yeah, what @Eldar Seer answered - are you saying they lay eggs more often than every 25 fish?

Ok, from what I have seen. I saw a guy on the Ragnarok map. He was in a river full of fish about 20 to 30 fishes in a small spot. The bird took about 8 minutes to eat all the fish and lay a golden egg. And he said he was just lucky because you don't always get a golden egg. You usually get a regular egg.

So if you are not in a river full of fish, it will take a lot longer. The bird definitely ate about 25 fishes in that 8 minutes.

Another person built some sort of metal contraption in the middle of a big river or lake with a fridge in it. He then got all the fishes to follow him into the contraption and closed the doors. He then got 4 of those birds to eat the fishes and one laid a golden egg which made him very excited.

On 3/6/2019 at 7:53 PM, MackTheKnife said:

I’m on an empty official pvp, ya jackrabbit. I play alone because i can’t trust scummy people to be in my tribe. My yearlong tribemate got tired of playing and to convince me to leave as well, he kills all tames and demolishes everything.

I trade and raise with people all the time but i like to fight as well. I don’t like being in big tribes because you have to listen and obey the stupid leader’s orders, whereas I am a smart person and can make better use of resources. 

Go to a website listing an ark server and find one not in the game search engine. That's so no one stumbles upon it. Build up for a year and you have an alpha sized base. I tame all my attack dinos on a whole other server so they can’t be traced when I DO raid. I have capped heavys everywhere and at a very strategic point where no one can get in.

I may be solo but i built something very nice for myself. I’m still waiting for the day i get wiped by a huge tribe so i can finally have an excuse to leave but it hasn’t happened yet.

So let me get this straight. You play a multiplayer game, on a multiplayer server, BY YOURSELF, and you complain? You're the damn problem here! Go play SP/local if you play like that, damn!

21 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

The gold egg is annoying yes but very doable.  U just tame a hesp, then order it to kill fish(And let it eat it).  After 5 fish itll lay an egg so go to land.  The 3rd or 4th egg will b golden.  The thing im hating the most is how the thyla and megalania are in the final egg group.  Those definitely dont deserve that lvl and should b swapped out with the giga and mosa which are currently sharing the same teir as the spino and rex *facepalm*.  Then the spinos egg dsnt fit in that same teir breaking the new pattern of the system *facepalm*.  Then the fact u hv to horrible tame dinos in a tier b4 u can make kibble for that teir, the old system at least allowed u to progress and avoid wasted tames.  Really most of the final kibble tames break progression bc to b getting wyvern and drake eggs means ur at that lvl...Arnt lik all the creatures who want that kibble unlocked halfway b4 these end game tames u probably hav already bc ur looting the eggs?  Im not gona downgrade to a griffin when im already riding a wyvern.  Sadly the golden egg IS the only saving grace for that kibble teir  bc u can get it at lik lvl 5.

Ok, outside the rant, i agree there probably should b more ways to make that last kibble teir.  The quetz and titanboa used to b special eggs so i could see them being used for it.  Even so the thyla and megalania need to go down to superior(at least) and the giga and mosa need lifted back to their rightful end game kibble teir.  Heck u could put the quetzal in their too (after u buff it somehow[Open for ideas bc it has no purpose anymore]) which would go with the new pattern if u make its egg be in that teir.

Incorrect. It takes 25 fish to lay one egg, and the golden egg has a LOW chance of being laid. Assume a 25% chance for golden eggs. That means it could take up to 75 fish before getting a golden egg! Even then you could go ten times if you have bad luck. That would be 250 fish! This is a stupid way to do something required! Does anybody know the spawn chance of golden eggs when feeding?

I'd like to see the boa egg elevated back to the special egg status. 
As an alternative, it might be nice to find different kibble recipies in yellow/red drops - these would allow making higher level kibbles with a specific lower-level egg - possibly allowing making the extraordinary kibble with a giga egg for example, but also perhaps upping the requirements of the other ingredients (to keep things more balanced). 

I was also sad to see my pre-patch extinction extraordinary kibble be reduced to exceptional kibble in the new system.

Otherwise, I like the idea of snails laying special eggs, perhaps even just one each time they eat - basically one egg per veggie cake (and maybe only if they have 100 ap and 10 op, and it uses up all the ap and op in the process, replacing it with an egg). 

35 minutes ago, Gabriel388 said:

Some experts on YouTube espouse especially if you are on single player to just type in a few codes to either obtain the extraordinary kibble or the eggs for the extraordinary kibble because it's just too ridiculously hard to get them.

I'd say this is a sign it's unbalanced and really could use another thinking through.

19 minutes ago, Gabriel388 said:

Ok, from what I have seen. I saw a guy on the Ragnarok map. He was in a river full of fish about 20 to 30 fishes in a small spot. The bird took about 8 minutes to eat all the fish and lay a golden egg. And he said he was just lucky because you don't always get a golden egg. You usually get a regular egg.

So if you are not in a river full of fish, it will take a lot longer. The bird definitely ate about 25 fishes in that 8 minutes.

Another person built some sort of metal contraption in the middle of a big river or lake with a fridge in it. He then got all the fishes to follow him into the contraption and closed the doors. He then got 4 of those birds to eat the fishes and one laid a golden egg which made him very excited.

Yeah, that's not feasible... say it takes 8 minutes to lay an egg and let's say you get a golden egg every third egg (which is being very optimistic), that's 24 minutes on average to get a golden egg. You can get lucky and get it quicker or unlucky and it takes longer. A lvl 150 Yuty takes 39 kibble, which would then be on average 936 minutes or a little over 15,5 hours to get enough golden eggs to get that kibble with one bird. And that's if you can even get enough fish to sustain that! Add to this the non stacking and short spoil time of the golden egg... To summarise it - for me it all adds up to not worth it.

I don't mind the quality levels of the new system, I just dislike the insane lack of thought going into it. The game starts on The Island, so they should have started testing the system there. Testing on SE, AB, and Ext does not help players who wish to play the maps in order. If it requires an admin spawning in the good kibble just so players can get perfect tames, it is broken. The old system allowed virtually anybody to perfect tame anything. The new one requires you to be end-game on wyvern maps or really lucky with random egg chances on other maps to be allowed to perfect tame. Not cool.

1 hour ago, Xenithar said:

So let me get this straight. You play a multiplayer game, on a multiplayer server, BY YOURSELF, and you complain? You're the damn problem here! Go play SP/local if you play like that, damn!

Incorrect. It takes 25 fish to lay one egg, and the golden egg has a LOW chance of being laid. Assume a 25% chance for golden eggs. That means it could take up to 75 fish before getting a golden egg! Even then you could go ten times if you have bad luck. That would be 250 fish! This is a stupid way to do something required! Does anybody know the spawn chance of golden eggs when feeding?

I interact with everyone, nincompoop. I just don't let anyone in my tribe. I LITERALLY EXPLAINED WHY. How could anyone not understand this unless they were insiders themselves? Don't like that I play by myself? Then maybe people should stop insiding tribes and destroy half a year worth of work in under an hour while you're asleep. What do you want me to do, suck it up and build up all over again just so I can get demolished by someone else? 

I still raid and participate with people. But why be in a tribe with a bunch of meatheads who will just slow me down and screw things up with bad ideas? 

2 hours ago, Eldar Seer said:

@Onimusha759 , to my understanding they only can lay a golden egg every 25 fish or so. Is this not correct?

2 hours ago, Zahlea said:

1 hour ago, Xenithar said:

I reliable get a golden egg on the 20th fish with my hesp.  I power laid to make kentro kibble for a 150 yuty and that 20th fish did it.  None of u even answered me, hv u tried bringing it back to l'nd to lay normal eggs every 5 fish?  The 1st time i did the 25 thing and didnt get squwat.  I started making her lay every 5 and consecutively got it on the 20th.

38 minutes ago, MackTheKnife said:

I interact with everyone, nincompoop. I just don't let anyone in my tribe. I LITERALLY EXPLAINED WHY. How could anyone not understand this unless they were insiders themselves? Don't like that I play by myself? Then maybe people should stop insiding tribes and destroy half a year worth of work in under an hour while you're asleep. What do you want me to do, suck it up and build up all over again just so I can get demolished by someone else? 

I still raid and participate with people. But why be in a tribe with a bunch of meatheads who will just slow me down and screw things up with bad ideas? 

Seriously? You play a multiplayer game, are suspicious of everybody so you play solo, then moan about how hard it is to solo on a PvP server? Also, what happened to "empty server" as discussed before? Now you're saying you have members on your server and they're all out to get you. You need to get your lies straight. I don't even know what an "insider" is, unless it is a Technet Insider. The people on my cluster play together. I do not believe we have a single person on any of the six servers going it alone. Sure, we do PvP but my God you're paranoid.

Those meatheads seem to be getting along better than you, so insult them if you wish, but you're the only one suffering. If you cannot deal with PvP, go play PvE! You could also find a private server where peple play more like you, but complaining about the old system or anything else while online, in a multiplayer game, by yourself is just plain stupid.

13 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

I reliable get a golden egg on the 20th fish with my hesp.  I power laid to make kentro kibble for a 150 yuty and that 20th fish did it.  None of u even answered me, hv u tried bringing it back to l'nd to lay normal eggs every 5 fish?  The 1st time i did the 25 thing and didnt get squwat.  I started making her lay every 5 and consecutively got it on the 20th.

You're either on a server with jacked up rates, a mod, or something else. This is not official, and if you say it, video or ti did not happen. As is clearly stated, It takes 25 fish to lay a single egg and that egg may or may not be golden. Again, if you are on official and pulling this crap off and getting golden eggs that fast, I call some kind of exploit. I have hesperornises at my personal cabin and none of them lay eggs every five times. That is a load of horse-poo.

33 minutes ago, Xenithar said:

Seriously? You play a multiplayer game, are suspicious of everybody so you play solo, then moan about how hard it is to solo on a PvP server? Also, what happened to "empty server" as discussed before? Now you're saying you have members on your server and they're all out to get you. You need to get your lies straight. I don't even know what an "insider" is, unless it is a Technet Insider. The people on my cluster play together. I do not believe we have a single person on any of the six servers going it alone. Sure, we do PvP but my God you're paranoid.

Those meatheads seem to be getting along better than you, so insult them if you wish, but you're the only one suffering. If you cannot deal with PvP, go play PvE! You could also find a private server where peple play more like you, but complaining about the old system or anything else while online, in a multiplayer game, by yourself is just plain stupid.

Dude, holy Christ on a stick. The kibble system works in my favor and what's so bad about that? I didn't really complain, I was just stating the obviously harder nature of playing alone.

I play on several PvP servers. One is ORP. I play on 2 different ordinary officials. One of those officials is completely abandoned and harmless, my main server. I didn't mean literally empty, if you read my other stuff then you'd know I get less than 10 people at peak times. The EU CrossArk6 ORP  is where I am hunted by power thirsty alphas. The other ordinary one is my playing ground for fighting. AND I play PvE on top of that. Cryopods eliminate the need for maintenance and gas is extremely easy on Rag. You play official PVP, don't even know what an insider is, yet decide to try and tell me how I should play.

I can handle PVP just fine, what the hell are you talking about?

And FYI, every single tribe always gets destroyed from within because of a hundred insane reasons, #1 being paranoia like you say I am, which is true. Play for a few months or a year? Fine. But let in one single guy, even if he earns your trust after a while, and he can take it ALL away overnight. I don't need to be in a tribe, I like interacting with people online and SP is boring since you can't raid anyone.

1 hour ago, Onimusha759 said:

How do you force it to lay an egg?  This would change things entirely if this is a thing you can do.  Also can you confirm if this is on official or unofficial (and what mods you're running if any?) so we can test it as well?

1 hour ago, Onimusha759 said:

I had to first know what you were asking, hence a question instead of an answer ;) I still don't know what you want me to do so I guess the answer is "no, I haven't tried that".

1 hour ago, MackTheKnife said:

Dude, holy Christ on a stick. The kibble system works in my favor and what's so bad about that? I didn't really complain, I was just stating the obviously harder nature of playing alone.

I play on several PvP servers. One is ORP. I play on 2 different ordinary officials. One of those officials is completely abandoned and harmless, my main server. I didn't mean literally empty, if you read my other stuff then you'd know I get less than 10 people at peak times. The EU CrossArk6 ORP  is where I am hunted by power thirsty alphas. The other ordinary one is my playing ground for fighting. AND I play PvE on top of that. Cryopods eliminate the need for maintenance and gas is extremely easy on Rag. You play official PVP, don't even know what an insider is, yet decide to try and tell me how I should play.

I can handle PVP just fine, what the hell are you talking about?

And FYI, every single tribe always gets destroyed from within because of a hundred insane reasons, #1 being paranoia like you say I am, which is true. Play for a few months or a year? Fine. But let in one single guy, even if he earns your trust after a while, and he can take it ALL away overnight. I don't need to be in a tribe, I like interacting with people online and SP is boring since you can't raid anyone.

Been playing since 2015. Also, read what I clearly typed. I said I play on a private cluster of six servers. I do not play official due to the lack of S+ in the past and real S+ now. I have other reasons, but the building system limitations were a huge part of going private. You need to calm down and read the plain English I have typed, in all of my posts. You are all over the place trying to make a point and I cannot follow it. You talk about empty servers and being wiped for a year of work on another. Well, welcome to Ark PvP? I mean do you want a cookie or something? Just find a good, private server and make some friends. I will never understand people who do solo in a multiplayer game that want easy mode to compete with tribes...

1 hour ago, Zahlea said:

I had to first know what you were asking, hence a question instead of an answer ;) I still don't know what you want me to do so I guess the answer is "no, I haven't tried that".

I tried this. I took the hesperornis hunting and after five fish I brought it to land. It walked around, looked cute, and didn't do jack. Tried at ten fish, same deal. However, at 25 it laid an egg. A normal one, sadly. Again, I want a video of this mythical being he has which lays golden eggs every few fish. That would totally balance it better!

Archived