kibble rework Fixing the kibble system

Zahlea

I firmly believe, that since the kibble system is a core mechanic, it most definitely should work on each server in isolation, since there are several reasons for people to only want to play on one map, not to mention it will also mean any combination of maps in a cluster is still working. The current kibble system fails in this regard.

The problems:

1. Golden eggs are in their current state classed (by me) as unobtainable with regards to making more than just the odd kibble. That means The Island and The Center really have no feasible way of getting Extraordinary kibble. 

As for the other maps, what I gather from the forums is that Wyvern and Rock Drake eggs work ok and as either of these is present on all the other maps, I guess there isn't much of a problem there. However, I don't know how feasible obtaining these dinos is on those maps.

2. Another thing is the low amount of dinos creating exceptional eggs on Scorched Earth and Aberration or

3. All the dinos without any preferred kibble.

4. The names are too confusing! Basic and Simple are pretty much synonyms and indistinguishable, same goes for Superior and Exceptional

Solutions:

1. First, I'm quoting @Eldar Seer since I believe that is a sound suggestion:

On a feedback note, for a creature that is found on all maps, is useful, but not too easy to tame and maintain... why not allow snails to lay eggs, and allow those eggs to produce extraordinary kibble? They require veggie cakes to maintain, so a player needs to be at least somewhat established before taming them.  They create cementing paste passively, meaning they are already extremely useful to have around without the ability to lay eggs. They do not take up much space- you can keep them in your house if you so desire.  And they do not require kibble or even eat it, meaning they offer a way in to the extraordinary tier that would not require its own kibble. 

Another solution could be to change the mechanic for Hesperonis to lay golden eggs so that they lay regular eggs every so often, just like all other dinos, but if they are allowed to hunt, they are guaranteed to lay a golden egg after a certain amount of fish killed, or an interval. But pretty please lower this interval in that case.

Here, I'm assuming the devs aren't interested in adding dinos that can be bred into the "Special Egg" bucket.

I'm not too fond of the above solution as it's still a hassle and only a minor improvement... another way of solving it would be to bump Yuty eggs to "Special Eggs" since they use the Extraordinary kibble anyway and the idea seems to have most dinos prefer kibble from their own egg level. Of course, a Giga could be bumped as well as they're rarer.

2. Bump the Megalosaurus or the Spino?

3. Give all the dinos that don't have a preferred kibble or special taming method a preferred kibble. That is:
(Arthropluera), Compy, Lystrosaurus, Manta, Microraptor, Moschops, Oviraptor, Pachyrhinosaurus

4. Change the names to Extra Small, Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large and Special Kibble.

To help visualise this, I entered some data into a spreadsheet: The lists of what kibble a creature's egg creates and what kibble the creatures prefer, is copied from the PC patch notes and the list of what maps each dino can be found on is made by myself by looking at the wiki's list of creatures for each map. This is where I'm most likely to have gotten something wrong. Please let me know of any errors in the data!

image.thumb.png.8bcc2583cafd9e28b487e9184a6af725.png

image.thumb.png.8bf34dc711f24bcc691046c6b5f8bde3.png

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love a discussion about what, specifically, would be positive changes (even if people don't agree) because that's the only way we might see some change. Just complaining saying "it's bad" or "we don't want a new system" won't achieve anything, even if the developers do listen there's nothing there for them to work with.

I can absolutely support some changes to the special egg category, each map needs its own unique egg that qualifies for this category so that every dino can be tamed and every imprint request can be fulfilled without needing to abuse the cryo pods so much.  It seems like the idea is that the egg should be rare or hard to obtain rather than just one that can be farmed just by having a bunch of dinos in one place.  Wyvern and Rock Drake eggs work great for this, so adding a new egg on each map would be ideal.  Maybe have the Titans spawn an egg (or multiples) when summoned that despawns when they're killed or tamed so you gotta go find it in the arena before the fight's over, or perhaps have bosses drop unfertilized versions of the existing eggs to use for kibble. (i'm just rambling at this point)

That or make golden eggs have a repeatable trigger to make them spawn, not an easy one, but a repeatable one such as killing a fish over a certain size with the hesperornis.  Anything that's better than just random chance.

or pay some respect to this history of the game. Ever since day one, on the island, titanboa eggs have been special. They have always been the most valued eggs. This would allow players that dont have the time or money to play on multiple maps, the opportunity to get the full game experience. Make titanboa eggs special again!!

12 minutes ago, MackTheKnife said:

Why does everyone always have to do whine? I thought the kibble rework is great because i’m a solo guy with no one to help me, now i get kibble pretty quick for the best tames. 

And why can’t people just transfer dinos to their map? Go on one map, tame it, bring back to home map. 

this method doesnt work for extraordinary kibble. But i guess you're not at that lvl yet.

52 minutes ago, MackTheKnife said:

Why does everyone always have to do whine? I thought the kibble rework is great because i’m a solo guy with no one to help me, now i get kibble pretty quick for the best tames. 

And why can’t people just transfer dinos to their map? Go on one map, tame it, bring back to home map. 

And this is the problem. I don't give a flying crap if you have a hard time in single because for one, the tame cap is ENTIRELY YOU. Tame EVERYTHING. Oh, and the fact that Ark was designed to be multiplayer. Single player was thrown in and later tweaked to be easy mode. What has just happened has completely destroyed multiplayer. I don't care if somebody who buys what is almost a damn MMO can play alone. While you're at it, why not run a private WoW server and then moan about how hard it is solo. You know, because 40-man raids and all.

1 hour ago, bedbug said:

or pay some respect to this history of the game. Ever since day one, on the island, titanboa eggs have been special. They have always been the most valued eggs. This would allow players that dont have the time or money to play on multiple maps, the opportunity to get the full game experience. Make titanboa eggs special again!!

I agree with your opinion.

1 hour ago, MackTheKnife said:

Offering constructive criticism and advice on how things can be improved is not the same thing as whining, especially when working within the confines of the new system. 

Also, while I do agree that the issues can be solved if all maps are available, the issue is that not all maps may be available in a cluster. Some servers may be limited to just one of the maps, for instance. Tweaks to ensure that the system works equally well on all maps are worth considering, I think. 

Make no mistake, I do support the new system. But there are areas where I think it could use some tweaks to bring out its full potential. 

Speaking of which... regarding spino eggs, they need to move up a tier. Having a creature lay eggs below its own class is self-defeating. As has been alluded to previously, this is also an issue with Megalania and Yutyrannus- though, they are trickier given their tier and the fact that it does not seem SC wants the eggs to be too easily obtained.

I'm not opposed to bumping Titanoboa back up to extraordinary either. However, if they are restored, I would suggest a bump to egg lay rate. 

1 hour ago, Xenithar said:

And this is the problem. I don't give a flying crap if you have a hard time in single because for one, the tame cap is ENTIRELY YOU. Tame EVERYTHING. Oh, and the fact that Ark was designed to be multiplayer. Single player was thrown in and later tweaked to be easy mode. What has just happened has completely destroyed multiplayer. I don't care if somebody who buys what is almost a damn MMO can play alone. While you're at it, why not run a private WoW server and then moan about how hard it is solo. You know, because 40-man raids and all.

I’m on an empty official pvp, ya jackrabbit. I play alone because i can’t trust scummy people to be in my tribe. My yearlong tribemate got tired of playing and to convince me to leave as well, he kills all tames and demolishes everything.

I trade and raise with people all the time but i like to fight as well. I don’t like being in big tribes because you have to listen and obey the stupid leader’s orders, whereas I am a smart person and can make better use of resources. 

Go to a website listing an ark server and find one not in the game search engine. That's so no one stumbles upon it. Build up for a year and you have an alpha sized base. I tame all my attack dinos on a whole other server so they can’t be traced when I DO raid. I have capped heavys everywhere and at a very strategic point where no one can get in.

I may be solo but i built something very nice for myself. I’m still waiting for the day i get wiped by a huge tribe so i can finally have an excuse to leave but it hasn’t happened yet.

3 hours ago, MackTheKnife said:

I’m on an empty official pvp, ya jackrabbit. I play alone because i can’t trust scummy people to be in my tribe. My yearlong tribemate got tired of playing and to convince me to leave as well, he kills all tames and demolishes everything.

I trade and raise with people all the time but i like to fight as well. I don’t like being in big tribes because you have to listen and obey the stupid leader’s orders, whereas I am a smart person and can make better use of resources. 

Go to a website listing an ark server and find one not in the game search engine. That's so no one stumbles upon it. Build up for a year and you have an alpha sized base. I tame all my attack dinos on a whole other server so they can’t be traced when I DO raid. I have capped heavys everywhere and at a very strategic point where no one can get in.

I may be solo but i built something very nice for myself. I’m still waiting for the day i get wiped by a huge tribe so i can finally have an excuse to leave but it hasn’t happened yet.

Bullpoop..on official?u play on legacy then and even on legacy i doubt that 

3 hours ago, Joanna said:

I like the fact that there are less kibbles but they do appear to have made the recipies overly complicated.

Explain how categorizing eggs into different category are complicated. The older system is more complicated on the fact that each kibble requires specific ingredients, especially Kentrosaurus Kibble that requires a Golden Egg that is ludicrous to get.

1 hour ago, jpcab said:

Bullpoop..on official?u play on legacy then and even on legacy i doubt that 

With an entire server to myself and like less than 5 friendly people? Definitely doable. Between the CP spawns in southwest/redwoods and almost all metal available with a 700% anky with no one to challenge you, you can most definitely spam the living hell out of metal structures in no time.

The breeding takes longer than the base, honestly. 

3 hours ago, Vaculity said:

Explain how categorizing eggs into different category are complicated. The older system is more complicated on the fact that each kibble requires specific ingredients, especially Kentrosaurus Kibble that requires a Golden Egg that is ludicrous to get.

You realise of course that now, to tame a Thyla with kibble, you need golden eggs on the island, right?

The best kibble that can tame anything shouldnt be easy to get.... Honestly it kinda is, wyvern eggs r easy, rock drake eggs r easy, hesperonis golden eggs a bit harder and more time consuming. But it takes raw fish prime meat so it kinda levels it out.... Its amazing we can finally perfect tame anything with the kibble it needs!

No need for a bunch of kibble dinos, an army of rexs for a boss fight will do for most, and few better dinos should be harder to get the kibble for even if it's easy atm. 

On the new kibble names, well we gonna get used to it. Its color coded so its easy, cyan is ascendant yellow is mastercraft etc. So u can tell which is best and which is worst easily

39 minutes ago, Klakky said:

The best kibble that can tame anything shouldnt be easy to get.... Honestly it kinda is, wyvern eggs r easy, rock drake eggs r easy, hesperonis golden eggs a bit harder and more time consuming. But it takes raw fish prime meat so it kinda levels it out.... Its amazing we can finally perfect tame anything with the kibble it needs!

No need for a bunch of kibble dinos, an army of rexs for a boss fight will do for most, and few better dinos should be harder to get the kibble for even if it's easy atm. 

On the new kibble names, well we gonna get used to it. Its color coded so its easy, cyan is ascendant yellow is mastercraft etc. So u can tell which is best and which is worst easily

The main issue is that you need to have their corresponding DLC to access the egg. Sure, you can get someone who has access to it to transfer it over, but what if he has RL stuff that hinders him from doing so?

6 hours ago, Vaculity said:

If you had read what I had typed you would have seen complicated recipies, more resources required than any previous kibble.

Archived