New Kibble Mobility Chart

Whipples

I put together a list of dinos and the their preferred and produced kibbles under the new system. One thing I noticed is that there is absolutely zero upward progression with the new kibble rework. Under the old system, when you wanted a higher tier of dino you could work your way up to it from lower tier tames. Under the new system, when you want a higher tier of dino you have to tame the easiest same tier or higher dino without kibble to make the kibble for the one you want. It feels less of a progressive system, and only made weirder by the few Dino's that produce a lower tier than what they request. As it stands, with dino's also taking higher tier kibble the incentive for any low level kibble farm is gone. I can't really see any reason for a kibble farm to have anything but Argies and Rex's/Theri's. For dino imprints, you just need a handful of the easiest dinos from the lower tiers and that's it.

Also, the solution for the issue with Extraordinary kibble seems pretty simple. Get rid of the downward progression on Dino kibble. Simply change the Megalania and Yutyrannus so that they are like the rest and produce the same kibble they prefer, problem solved!

Dino Preferred Produced Kibble Mobility  
Allosaurus Superior Superior Same  
Angler Fish Regular *None* NA  
Ankylosaurus Regular Regular Same  
Araneo Simple *None* NA  
Archaeopteryx Simple Simple Same  
Argentavis Superior Superior Same  
Baryonyx Regular Regular Same  
Basilosaurus Exceptional Exceptional Same  
Beelzebufo Regular *None* NA  
Brontosaurus Exceptional Exceptional Same  
Carbonemys Regular Regular Same  
Carnotaur Regular Regular Same  
Castoroides Superior *None* NA  
Compy *None* Simple Simple  
Daeodon Superior *None* NA  
Dilophosaur Basic Basic Same  
Dimetrodon Regular Regular Same  
Dimorphodon Simple Simple Same  
Diplocaulus Simple *None* NA  
Diplodocus Regular Regular Same  
Direbear Superior *None* NA  
Direwolf Superior *None* NA  
Dodo Basic Basic Same  
Doedicurus Regular *None* NA  
Dunkleosteus Superior *None* NA  
Featherlight *None* Basic Basic  
Gallimimus Simple *None* NA  
Gasbags Superior *None* NA  
Giant Bee Simple *None* NA  
Gigantopithecus Regular *None* NA  
Giganotosaurus Exceptional Exceptional Same  
Glowtail *None* Basic Basic  
Griffin Extraordinary *None* NA  
Hesperornis *None* Extraordinary Extraordinary* Only with Golden Eggs
Ichthyornis Simple Simple Same  
Ichthyosaurus Simple *None* NA  
Iguanodon Simple Simple Same  
Kairuku Basic Basic Same  
Kaprosuchus Regular Regular Same  
Karkinos Exceptional *None* NA  
Kentrosaurus Regular Regular Same  
Lymantria Regular *None* NA  
Lystrosaurus *None* Basic Basic  
Mammoth Superior *None* NA  
Managarmr Exceptional *None* NA  
Mantis *None* Superior Superior  
Megalania Extraordinary Superior Down 2  
Megaloceros Simple *None* NA  
Megalodon Superior *None* NA  
Megalosaurus Superior Superior Same  
Megatherium Superior *None* NA  
Mesopithicus Basic *None* NA  
Micro Raptor *None* Simple Simple  
Morellatops Simple Simple NA  
Moschops *None* Superior Superior  
Mosasaurus Exceptional *None* NA  
Onyc Simple *None* NA  
Oviraptor *None* Simple Simple  
Snow Owl Superior Superior Same  
Pachycephalosaurus Simple Simple Same  
Pachyrhinosaurus *None* Regular Regular  
Paraceratherium Superior *None* NA  
Parasaur Basic Basic Same  
Pegomastax Simple Simple Same  
Pelagornis Regular Regular Same  
Phiomia Basic *None* NA  
Plesiosaurus Superior *None* NA  
Pteranodon Regular Simple Down 1  
Pulmonoscorpius Regular Regular Same  
Purlovia Regular *None* NA  
Quetzalcoatlus Exceptional Exceptional Same  
Raptor Simple Simple Same  
Rex Exceptional Exceptional Same  
Rock Elemental Extraordinary *None* NA  
Rock Drake *None* Extraordinary Extraordinary* Collected from wild
Sabertooth Regular *None* NA  
Sarcosuchus Regular Regular Same  
Spinosaur Exceptional Superior Down 1  
Stegosaurus Regular Regular Same  
Tapejera Superior Superior Same  
Terror Bird Regular Regular Same  
Therizinosaurus Exceptional Exceptional Same  
Thorny Dragon Regular Regular Same  
Thylacoleo Extraordinary *None* NA  
Titanboa *None* Superior Superior  
Triceratops Simple Simple Same  
Troodon *None* Regular Regular  
Velonasaur Regular Regular Same  
Vulture *None* Basic Basic  
Woolly Rhino Superior *None* NA  
Wyvern *None* Extraordinary Extraordinary* Collected from wild
Yutyrannus Extraordinary Exceptional Down 1  

To be honest I don't have many issues with it.

For extraordinary kibble, from a fresh start perspective as right now it wouldn't be a problem anyway, I would mutton tame a griffin to steal wyvern eggs with and that's it, job done, for those who either play the Island or Centre on a server that isn't clustered or just downright refuse to transfer to another map (also known as having an unjustified kick off at WC ? ) then I think WC needs to increase the drop rate and spoil time of golden eggs to make it properly viable, even then on those maps you'll only need them to tame thylas & yutis, unless you have a megalania fetish, so you're looking at mid game before you'll be taming them (51 for thyla saddle maybe 45 to get from a drop) which gives plenty of time to plan and farm the kibble.

There's a few oversights such as exceptional on Aberration needed for spinos, not a biggie for me as mutton is a good alternative but they've overlooked karkinos which could be tamed with turtle kibble before, still possible to use extraordinary but ideally you want to be taming them before getting drake eggs, for established players, especially those with kibble farms on other maps it's not a big problem but not so great for new players, moving spino eggs up a tier would be an easy solution as it's easy to mutton tame a few low levels to get your kibble farm up and running 

Only other change I'd make for now (there's probably more but not had chance to run into other problems yet) is increase ovis spawns on the Island & Centre as mutton will be a big help getting onto the superior & exceptional tiers.

I 100% agree with OP.   I do not post on here often.  I've been playing this game for 4 years maybe more and I think this new Kibble system sucks. 

Most of the complaints I have seen about the old system, were just people basically crying it was too hard.  They want their T-Rex right now.  We prefer the game to be challenging.  We do not have a boosted server where you get 7 levels and 500 wood for punching a tree.  In fact we turn everything down below 1.  Our XP is even at 0.55 with single player unchecked.(why do people want to have a stone house the first day on the island?)  I still think we level too fast. 

It is just too simple, and there is no flow to it.  From what I can tell nothing tames anything up a level (confirmed by your post).  So you are just going to tame what you need at low levels and tame the same thing with the same eggs.  Its just plane dumb.  Its just 6 groups of cannibals eating their own babies. 

There used to be progressions to taming.  like there is with engrams.  you cannot learn metal until you learn, thatch, wood, stone. 

Now, I can tame a couple of low level Rex's and tame almost anything I want.  It has basically made 90% of the animals useless.  The only reason to tame a lot of things was to get kibble, to get the next animal.  All it did was make easier animals harder, and animals that should be harder easier (Giga, Quetz, Mosa)

That would be like engrams not having prerequisites.  as soon as I can mine stone I can build stone walls.  I do not need to learn thatch or wood first.  Which I guess is a dumb point for all those who play boosted servers anyway.  Punch a couple of trees to gain 50 levels and you have stone walls. (i'm generalizing of course)

(keep in mind my group plays PVE and 1 person tribes) There is zero reason to tame parsaurs, to get raptors, to get mammoths.

This is all we need;

Dodos for the oviraptors.  rexs fix this too

Couple of low level Anklyos --> Just to start before you get your rexes and argents.  gets you your anklyo, doedi, and Pteranadon.

couple of low level Rexs --> gets everything except griffens and dragons. 

half the fun was building up to those top tier animals. 

Now (we just started the island over again after years on other maps) I can go get the 5 level 10 rexs outside my base and have a giga in a few days.  Its stupid.  No finding scorpions, then rexs, then the pain of taming quetzes by yourself, to get that mosa or giga.  It used to take weeks.  Nope, now I just get a giga tomorrow.  

It's almost a deal breaker.  Hey new players.  Just go get a couple low level Rex's and an oviraptor and your done.  You will have max level of what ever dino you want.  

Completely agree with OP and follow up comments from Kage.

Also if you look closely you will see the exceptional augmented kibble all coming from extinction.

Another pay-to-win push from WC onto their latest DLC.

I am really starting to hate this game, and the bait-and-switch twisted mess it has become especially after acquisition from Snail games.

RageQuitter, totally hate the new griffin kib requirement sorry. Wyvern eggs are heavy and time consuming to collect. You need 21 of them for a decent griffin now on official, per griffin. Before we used griffins as scouts and egg stealers for recruits because allo kib was relatively cheap. Now I have to go collect 21 wyvern eggs every time some private burns up a grif. A lot of bigger tribes on official hardly use griffins on official anyway preferring manas or wyv. Now they just hate them even more. Total nerf and rag dis from WC if you ask me.

What WC _should_ have done was just _supplement_ the existing kibble tree with these class kibble alternatives with an affinity loss of maybe 10% but increased taming speed of the same and see how things go, instead of just shotgunning months of players kibble work. Is there even a reason for prime fish meat now? Or for ocean tames at all for that matter, other than tributes? Bait-and-switch. Invalidating old content in favor of new, invalidating old players to find new ones. To be clear, Ark first and last game I buy from WC. Ever.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ll be honest,I think this new kibble tree is so much better than the old one,creatures have more uses, people with jobs and college can actually play official thanks to this,and You realistically only need  ?/ ? for regular kibble or just get a moschops farm.The meta is now gunna be ducks waging war on fish which is just way to funny to hate imo.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived