Offline raids cowards or smart play...

Lycan187u

“Bbbbbbbut it’s the only way I can raid!!” Doesn’t change how pathetic and laughable it makes you to everyone else.

I pass many little huts and lower level players that I could easily blow the door off take what I want and kill them and their tames to keep them below me.

but I don’t 

because i’m not a pathetic little kid

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i also have a problem with solo offliners that cross-offline just because they have the means doesn't mean they should go in with a 240+ golem, poison, and artho just to wipe a metal base that is mainly a farming facility in the works.  we had our things on passive and the jerk goes and blows up half our base and then destroys/slaughters anything that looks remotely useful.  even busted into our unfinished kibhouse i was wroking on just to get the gas from the genny,  worse his guy was tribeless and his character name is Tinpoko.  I am livid at the audacity of this type of griefer.  i can get mana riders being sausages but this guy was a level below that.  maybe even worse than below that.  I don't care if u pvp'ers out there cal me on this it shouldn't give anyone the right to just go nuts on a potential breeding base!

4 hours ago, Melcreif said:

Bro you should learn as admin you have responsiblities to the folks on your server.  Don't call them names, give them what they want. Be a good admin now will ya?

I think you missed the sarcasm.

I was in the same tribe as a server admin on an unofficial server  but I had 0 admin rights or abilities. (PvE server but still)

... Unless I am the one missing sarcasm in your post.... ?

On 3/8/2019 at 7:34 PM, Melcreif said:

Bro you should learn as admin you have responsiblities to the folks on your server.  Don't call them names, give them what they want. Be a good admin now will ya?

I'm pretty sure I said I'm not an admin. But next time this dude starts crap, I may propose taking him prisoner instead.

Here is the thing. You can't control when the enemy plays. You can only control when you play. And it would be moronic to prep for an attack go over there and say oh wait guys they aren't online pack it up and go home....

Not all offline raiding is due to people looking to do just that. A lot of times its due to we play a global game with players around the globe. And play times vary.

On 3/8/2019 at 5:51 PM, mattj said:

“Bbbbbbbut it’s the only way I can raid!!” Doesn’t change how pathetic and laughable it makes you to everyone else.

I pass many little huts and lower level players that I could easily blow the door off take what I want and kill them and their tames to keep them below me.

but I don’t 

because i’m not a pathetic little kid

I guess you don't read so well .....its OK brother hooked on phonics works for everyone give it a try ;)

On 3/10/2019 at 5:49 PM, mattj said:

lol cool story bro

pathetic

Yeah The more you go on like this the more pathetic it it making you look to be honest. I assume this anit offline is coming from a place of pain,anger and experience. You probably get really upset when it happens to you and go off in the chat. So get this playing a game where you can choose to play an offline protected server, but you choose not to, and a big feature and potential outcome of PVP non offline protected servers is that ppl can raid you at any time, YOu being well aware of all of this still join one of these servers and then instead of preparing not just your base but also your mentality for the potential that you get raided, you instead just get angry and deem the ppl raiding you as pathetic. 

That is one of the most pathetic mentalities to have for an online game like this man. I get raided offline all the time, Log on and oh look some dude broke into my stone shack killed my one phomia popcorned my loot and destroyed my work benches. Well poop guess I shouldve set up my plant species sooner, or upgraded to metal sooner or hidden my base better. You know look inwards rather than outwards. Learn from each time it happens so you can get better at the game and not have it happen as much in the future. That is much more constructive than just getting upset and "calling out" ppl that offline raid because truthfully almost everyone on those servers do it. If you feel that strongly about it then it's easy there are plenty of other options and servers to play on with good player pops same settings but that just stop offline raiding, so yeah there really is no excuse to play on official or non offline protected servers and then expect people to not offline raid. That short coming rests with you I'm afraid.... not the people raiding you.

Just develop a thicker skin to it and accept it as part of the game, the amount of times I have had to restart from scratch because of shinanigans that go down when I'm offline is already too many to count. ANd sure it sucks at first and you get a little mad but then you accept it pick yourself up and move on, set up again and go raid them back. No use crying about it and throwing all your toys out the cot, otherwise all you are left with are salty stains on your face and no more toys left to play with :/

44 minutes ago, mattj said:

I’ve never once been raided in PvP Einstein. No salt. You guys just honestly look pathetic and weak raiding empty bases. If you have no problem looking like a sausageless kid to everyone who sees you, keep at it I guess. I have a bit more self respect.

What map \server you on then bro I can help you with that not being raided situated!!!

1 hour ago, mattj said:

I’ve never once been raided in PvP Einstein. No salt. You guys just honestly look pathetic and weak raiding empty bases. If you have no problem looking like a sausageless kid to everyone who sees you, keep at it I guess. I have a bit more self respect.

I play in pc officials mega tribe, you think i need to offline bobs ? My usual pvp routine involves 8 hour+ battles against other mega tribes. People dont off line raid beach bobs like you because they are cowards. They just came across a base and raided it. No one is trying to offline a beach bob. 

10 hours ago, HoboNation said:

Yeah The more you go on like this the more pathetic it it making you look to be honest. I assume this anit offline is coming from a place of pain,anger and experience. You probably get really upset when it happens to you and go off in the chat. So get this playing a game where you can choose to play an offline protected server, but you choose not to, and a big feature and potential outcome of PVP non offline protected servers is that ppl can raid you at any time, YOu being well aware of all of this still join one of these servers and then instead of preparing not just your base but also your mentality for the potential that you get raided, you instead just get angry and deem the ppl raiding you as pathetic. 

That is one of the most pathetic mentalities to have for an online game like this man. I get raided offline all the time, Log on and oh look some dude broke into my stone shack killed my one phomia popcorned my loot and destroyed my work benches. Well poop guess I shouldve set up my plant species sooner, or upgraded to metal sooner or hidden my base better. You know look inwards rather than outwards. Learn from each time it happens so you can get better at the game and not have it happen as much in the future. That is much more constructive than just getting upset and "calling out" ppl that offline raid because truthfully almost everyone on those servers do it. If you feel that strongly about it then it's easy there are plenty of other options and servers to play on with good player pops same settings but that just stop offline raiding, so yeah there really is no excuse to play on official or non offline protected servers and then expect people to not offline raid. That short coming rests with you I'm afraid.... not the people raiding you.

Just develop a thicker skin to it and accept it as part of the game, the amount of times I have had to restart from scratch because of shinanigans that go down when I'm offline is already too many to count. ANd sure it sucks at first and you get a little mad but then you accept it pick yourself up and move on, set up again and go raid them back. No use crying about it and throwing all your toys out the cot, otherwise all you are left with are salty stains on your face and no more toys left to play with :/

Unless you just simply have no life, nobody has the time to make up for those kinds of losses. If i built a huge base, a bunch of dinos and turrets then got a troll glitched into my base from under, yeah i’m probably gonna break my tv or controller. It’s not really childish when you think about it, you’ve gotta remember you spent MONTHS of your life wasting away on this game just to get destroyed in 2 hours and by CHEATING! They couldn’t even be bothered to buy a few soakers from megas and raid me.

(I’m saying this because i’ve never been legit raided minus my beach bob days. Only insiders and meshers)

I’ve got things to do in my life and i enjoy gaming, ever since i played GTA3 at age 5. I feel bad enough just sitting like a fat log for hours upon HOURS, trying to feel some accomplishment, then that small little sparkle of hope and enjoyment gets crushed. My girlfriend ended up playing as well. She said “since you are more into this game than you are with me, i might as well see what the hype is” or something along those lines.. she’s level 92 now lol

Basically, this game drains your life force but you can’t stop playing. It’s all a game of who’s the bigger no-life. Or a group of 100.

2 hours ago, covenantgrunt said:

I play in pc officials mega tribe, you think i need to offline bobs ? My usual pvp routine involves 8 hour+ battles against other mega tribes. People dont off line raid beach bobs like you because they are cowards. They just came across a base and raided it. No one is trying to offline a beach bob. 

So true lol

3 hours ago, covenantgrunt said:

People dont off line raid beach bobs like you because they are cowards. They just came across a base and raided it. No one is trying to offline a beach bob. 

*rolls eyes at me being called a beach bob*

sure sure, whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep better at night

its just a coincidence that people like you raid some 12yo’s thatch hut at 2AM when no one’s around

like a coward

12 hours ago, MackTheKnife said:

Unless you just simply have no life, nobody has the time to make up for those kinds of losses. If i built a huge base, a bunch of dinos and turrets then got a troll glitched into my base from under, yeah i’m probably gonna break my tv or controller. It’s not really childish when you think about it, you’ve gotta remember you spent MONTHS of your life wasting away on this game just to get destroyed in 2 hours and by CHEATING! They couldn’t even be bothered to buy a few soakers from megas and raid me.

(I’m saying this because i’ve never been legit raided minus my beach bob days. Only insiders and meshers)

I’ve got things to do in my life and i enjoy gaming, ever since i played GTA3 at age 5. I feel bad enough just sitting like a fat log for hours upon HOURS, trying to feel some accomplishment, then that small little sparkle of hope and enjoyment gets crushed. My girlfriend ended up playing as well. She said “since you are more into this game than you are with me, i might as well see what the hype is” or something along those lines.. she’s level 92 now lol

Basically, this game drains your life force but you can’t stop playing. It’s all a game of who’s the bigger no-life. Or a group of 100.

Well see now that is very different. Getting raided by hackers and cheaters is definitely something to feel a lot more hard done by and well... cheated.

In that situation I would fully agree that getting mad and wanting to break something or have a bit of a rage out is understandable, I would too and in that situation I would go out of my way to find who the players are and log reports against them. This is however not the basis of this discussion, we are talking here about legit raiding that is done while players are offline. Personally I have never been raided by a hacker. Every raid I have suffered I return to the base afterwards have a look around and kind of piece together what happened, how they got in, where they started and what weak areas of my base they exploited and I always end up saying "ah thats how they did it, well played to them" and see where I made a mistake and how I could make my next base stronger and more resilient to the offline raid. 

It's interesting you say you have never been raided legitimately and I find that hard to believe unless you are playing on some real shady servers. Perhaps sometimes it just appears like they were hackers or mesh abusers because of personal bias towards ones own ability to secure ones own base. We want to believe the bases we build are super secure and I can see how it would be easier to blame it on hacking rather than accepting our own mistakes in our designs, dont get me wrong I dont doubt that hackers have been responsible at times, I just find it hard to believe that every time you have been raided it's been hackers to blame, while I over here on official pvp have never yet been hacked... Touch wood.

(+ 12 wood added

+16 thatch added)

Point being I get being frustrated over hackers raiding you or even just big tribes raiding 2x2 shacks where they dont even need anything that the base could give them but they just want to popcorn loot and be douches... In those situations getting offlined sucks. But when a normal dude comes by while you are offline and doesnt want to have to wait for you to log on before he starts trying to get into your base and get to the sweet goodies inside (which he genuinely wants to take and use, not just popcorn) In those situations I see nothing wrong and I never get all that upset when that has been the case, I jus say well played learn from my mistakes and move on. Sure you put a lot of effort in but thats what makes this game fun, high risk high reward. The potential that at any moment if you dont do things right you could lose it all, thats the thrill that brings me back to pvp every time. In fact I would almost say I like getting raided, it forces me to keep on my toes and adds some pressure and risk to the game. It's not time wasted if you enjoyed that time, going out with friends and exploring the world progressing, fighting, taming even the resource grind, its all part of the game and so if you dont enjoy those parts and you deem them to be a waste then maybe you should consider a different game. You are supposed to play to have fun, not to only have fun when you are fully setup, have reached top tier tech and are now unraidable. If that is the only part of the game you enjoy then that is what PVE heavily boosted rates and taming are for, skip all that grind and just get to the parts you like. But I for one enjoy the grind and that feeling of progression, the risk that you could lose it all, and when I eventually do lose it all, it isnt a waste as I still enjoyed all that time I spent, I wouldnt play the game and put myself through it if I didnt enjoy it ?‍♂️ 

EDIT: And btw you dont have to have no life to play this game, I work a full time 8 - 5 job, have time to see friends and family and still manage to put time aside to spend some precious ark grind time, not to mention ark is not the only game I play, in fact it isnt even the game I spend majority of time playing, that title is reserved for Heroes of Newerth (best and most underrated MOBA out there). I think what makes it easier is not getting as attached to your progress, If I lose an entire base on a server then so be it I lose a base, I'll log on again spawn on a beach have some low level pvp, run through the map scout out a new location try set up or hide the base and start over, I actually really enjoy that early stage of Ark. So when I log off and do the other things in real life that I need to do I am not worrying the whole time about my pixels getting raided in Ark. Also playing with friend helps as you can share the time load, maybe you log on for an hour here an hour there, another guy does the same another guy does the same etc. You will easily find that a small tribe can spread their time in a way that you dont all have to be on for hours to progress. Heck if you want to get more in depth and serious about it you could even make a little schedule for your tribe so that the base isnt left too long with no one online.

Archived