Linking Steam to Profile

This is probably a very simple problem with an even simpler answer, but I can't FOR THE LIFE OF ME get my steam link to work with my account, and as far as I've seen no one else can either? I've tried following all the steps given at the steam link page, but everything I do just seems to disappear from history after I've completed the steps, and I just end up still seeing a blank page with zero indication that I've tried anything.

(I couldn't find anywhere else that this post would be appropriate to put up so I'm just putting it in here) 

This is probably a very simple problem with an even simpler answer, but I can't FOR THE LIFE OF ME get my steam link to work with my account, and as far as I've seen no one else can either? I've tried following all the steps given at the steam link page, but everything I do just seems to disappear from history after I've completed the steps, and I just end up still seeing a blank page with zero indication that I've tried anything.
(I couldn't find anywhere else that this post would be appropriate to put up so I'm just putting it in here) 
Hallo

Archived