Jump to content

bedbug

New kibble system= pay to win

Recommended Posts

So this new kibble system really forces players to buy other dlc's in order to get any kind of stock of extraordinary kibble. By removing the titanboas, it forces players on the island to buy dlc's. Im wondering if this was intentional or not.

  • Facepalm 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mceyl said:

You can download the maps for Ragnarok and The Center and access them with just the core game.

That's what I thought. So pay to win not so much, at least no more than having access to other maps dinos (rock drakes, manas, etc) as before. Thanks for the confirmation mceyl!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We all already know about Rag and Center. Is it really something you have to mention? Boy i hate to be in a union or on the same side as you lot at a negotiating table. You'd be sucking up to the other side lol!! Just trying to make the a small arguement in favor of bringing back titanboa eggs to special. But i guess not

  • Facepalm 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, bedbug said:

We all already know about Rag and Center. Is it really something you have to mention? Boy i hate to be in a union or on the same side as you lot at a negotiating table. You'd be sucking up to the other side lol!! Just trying to make the a small arguement in favor of bringing back titanboa eggs to special. But i guess not

By saying "they're forcing players to buy DLC"? doesn't sound like a small argument to me, more like an accusation, which is false by the way as you can get some of the eggs in the base game and free maps, nothing is completely blocked by a paywall apart from the maps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RageQuitter said:

By saying "they're forcing players to buy DLC"? doesn't sound like a small argument to me, more like an accusation, which is false by the way as you can get some of the eggs in the base game and free maps, nothing is completely blocked by a paywall apart from the maps

Plus, if he's really that upset about it, he could just spawn in the creatures he needs to lay those eggs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Ocicat said:

That's what I thought. So pay to win not so much, at least no more than having access to other maps dinos (rock drakes, manas, etc) as before. Thanks for the confirmation mceyl!

So basically the structure is each "map" has its own pros and cons. Some maps are rich in materials but have hardly any of their rare resource. The way they put it together, every resource is in a way partitioned as "best to farm" on different maps. So yes, the dlc extremely enhances your ability to farm in mass. I imagine the kibble system is lightly based the same way.

Edited by ConeyAW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bedbug said:

So this new kibble system really forces players to buy other dlc's in order to get any kind of stock of extraordinary kibble. By removing the titanboas, it forces players on the island to buy dlc's. Im wondering if this was intentional or not.

no it really doesn't. if you're talking about getting hesperornis, not only can you get them on the island, but also on rag and I think center too, which are all free. the only creatures you can't get without dlc's are the extinction exclusive creatures, or aberrants, which don't make a difference anyways.

Sure getting hesperornis could possibly be difficult, but whatever IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A HARD GAME. 

Edited by Techsupport
added stuff
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Techsupport said:

no it really doesn't. if you're talking about getting hesperornis, not only can you get them on the island, but also on rag and I think center too, which are all free. the only creatures you can't get without dlc's are the extinction exclusive creatures, or aberrants, which don't make a difference anyways.

Not to mention if you have access to Ragnarok you have access to the wyvern trench for eggs, which is arguably a much easier way of getting extraordinary kibble than trying to get hesperornis eggs. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AngrySaltire said:

Not to mention if you have access to Ragnarok you have access to the wyvern trench for eggs, which is arguably a much easier way of getting extraordinary kibble than trying to get hesperornis eggs. 

exactly. i have rag and I can safely say that getting to the wyvern trench is not difficult, and while stealing the eggs themselves is a bit harder, with some strategy it's actually very simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Techsupport said:

Sure getting hesperornis could possibly be difficult, but whatever IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A HARD GAME.

Maps are supposed to be balanced, which is not the case with ARK and thats a shame. Also getting hesperornis isnt difficult, getting golden eggs out of them is.

Edited by DarthaNyan
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Techsupport said:

I suppose, but even then, that's more of a waiting game than anything else.

I would rather raid the wyvern and drake trenches than tame and get the hesperornis to fish and lay a golden egg...

I do agree however that the titanoboa probably should have been kept in the extraordinary teir especially considering how rarely they lay eggs but hey ho. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ocicat said:

Not 100% sure but do you need to buy DLCs to have access to Ragnarok? Because if you want to farm extraordinary kibble Rag is far better than SE for wyvern egg spawns.

Exactly. It doesnt take much time to set up a hut to store a flyer in, but I can see the frustration of the island players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Techsupport said:

I suppose, but even then, that's more of a waiting game

definitely not a waiting game

2 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Pretty sure that hesperornis golden eggs can be obtained at a faster rate than natural dinos egg laying.

I imagine it as: have an aggressive tamed Hesperornis in a small enclosure with a water body and a tribe of 100 scrambling around the map trying to trap fishes and bring them to hesperornis and unclaiming them...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bedbug said:

It is really hard to imagine that they just removed titanboa eggs for any other reason but to nudge players over to the other dlcs. Money talks. 

You mean the free dlcs? 

 

Idk why people are complaining.. it's refreshing having a reason to visit another map and not just sit and count the raindrops on the island.. Each to their own.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bedbug said:

It is really hard to imagine that they just removed titanboa eggs for any other reason but to nudge players over to the other dlcs. Money talks. 

Wyvern eggs are much easier to obtain on Ragnarok than Scorched Earth, and the map is free. What is your argument?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...