New kibble system= pay to win

bedbug

Guest BubbaCrawfish
5 minutes ago, Chronosphere said:

wait they removed the titanboa that we was waiting over 2 years for?

What? If you're meaning about how to tame it, you can... It's fertilized eggs that it goes for.

This is about the kibble that it made and what it tamed.

If this isn't correct, what do you mean?

40 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

Maps are supposed to be balanced, which is not the case with ARK and thats a shame. Also getting hesperornis isnt difficult, getting golden eggs out of them is.

I agree! A change such as this - to a core mechanic - should work on every map in isolation. As it stands, I would say it definitely doesn't work on The Island! (and if I've understood others correctly, not on Extinction either?)

33 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Pretty sure that hesperornis golden eggs can be obtained at a faster rate than natural dinos egg laying. Yes its easier to use drake/wyvern eggs however, and they don't spoil as quickly.

They should add giga eggs to the list to fix the problem, i think.

That would work... However, I suspect they don't want to add anything to the list that where the eggs can be obtained by breeding. I'm happy if I'm wrong though :D

What is most irritating is that they put the expansions on sale with the homestead patch, and they've reworked kibble to "encourage" players to buy the DLC. It's not even subtle. Yeah, its not exactly pay to win in the most egregious form, but more like "pay to be better." The writing is on the wall, wildcard needs money. They couldn't wait for the update to be stable for live launch, and just dumped it on the players. Clearly what they had on the beta server did not include the performance degradation that came with the homestead patch, they can't and shouldn't use any excuse about the beta server not being used enough.

Don't get me wrong, Someone like myself who tames and breeds and spends most of my time accumulating goods to sell to other players will benefit from this content update (when the game performance is fixed and I can actually play), but for newer players who have never experienced one of wildcards diarrhea patches like this one, there's a good chance they stop playing and leave, cancelling out any boost to a server's economy. 

3 hours ago, bedbug said:

So this new kibble system really forces players to buy other dlc's in order to get any kind of stock of extraordinary kibble. By removing the titanboas, it forces players on the island to buy dlc's. Im wondering if this was intentional or not.

You know Rag is free right?   Just got 12 wyvern eggs.

• 2 months later...
On 3/6/2019 at 7:12 AM, bedbug said:

So this new kibble system really forces players to buy other dlc's in order to get any kind of stock of extraordinary kibble. By removing the titanboas, it forces players on the island to buy dlc's. Im wondering if this was intentional or not.

I get that Boas are hard to obtain, but with Wyvern eggs from Ragnarok, as well as Yutyrannus eggs on every base game non-paid DLC map, it is absolutely not pay to win.  Ab gets you one new unique approach to Extraordinary kibble, SE gives you nothing at ALL that Ragnarok doesn't give you for Extraordinary kibble, and Extinction gives you nothing over what you get from the base game and non-paid DLCs.

It's frustrating, and I get that.  But 0/10, ARK isn't really pay to win in THIS RESPECT at all.  I am speaking only of the singular discussion about kibble in regard to ARK not being pay to win.  So, just...  No bedbug.  Did you forget about Yuty eggs?  Something tells me you did.

On 3/6/2019 at 11:12 AM, DarthaNyan said:

Maps are supposed to be balanced, which is not the case with ARK and thats a shame. Also getting hesperornis isnt difficult, getting golden eggs out of them is.

Balance means nothing in Ark. It's a game of progression. The storyline maps should get progressively harder.

Also, there is a big difference between something being difficult/challenging and just tedious or relying on RNG.

On 3/6/2019 at 6:32 AM, bedbug said:

We all already know about Rag and Center. Is it really something you have to mention? Boy i hate to be in a union or on the same side as you lot at a negotiating table. You'd be sucking up to the other side lol!! Just trying to make the a small arguement in favor of bringing back titanboa eggs to special. But i guess not

If you knew, then why'd you ignore it? Negotiating from point of flawed logic isn't going to get you anyplace anyways. 

29 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

So, back to OP’s original post, do you not think it would have been beneficial to keep the Titanoboa kibble in the extraordinary egg class?

Considering that they weirdly added Yutyrannus, no.  Without Yutyrannus, yes?  I'm not sure what the point of Boas would be/are for most gameplay, so maybe yes even WITH Yuty in the mix?  They don't make eggs fast even with an Oviraptor buff, and aren't the easiest things to tame.  I remember spending hours and hours on SE farming Boa eggs to tame Thylacoleo, flying loops around the desert looking for the bright white eggs against the sand.  Luckily, Thylas on 2x don't take a ton, but I've done that for hours and it was a pain.  Even flying over 100s of Boas every 30 minutes or so, I'd only get one egg in that time increment (roughly).  Sometimes more, but they just don't lay eggs fast.

But saying that ARK is Pay to Win even without the Yutyrannus in the top-tier kibble recipe (and the Boa removed) is erroneous nonetheless:  I stand behind that assessment.  Only one xpac helps you get closer to Extraordinary kibble in either case, so having one DLC out of three increase flexibility of kibble crafting...  P2W is a very big stretch.

On 3/6/2019 at 4:32 PM, bedbug said:

We all already know about Rag and Center. Is it really something you have to mention? Boy i hate to be in a union or on the same side as you lot at a negotiating table. You'd be sucking up to the other side lol!! Just trying to make the a small arguement in favor of bringing back titanboa eggs to special. But i guess not

I would hate to be on your side of a negotiating table too. Your main argument is to have tianboa eggs added back in the special category, but instead of being direct about it, you go the shady underhanded route whereby you spin this idea that you need to get the paid DLC now in order to aquire special eggs and spin this idea that the change was made to push people to buy the DLC, This is not good negotiation and makes people immediately stand on the counter to your argument, people dont like being coaxed into choosing a side with misinformation my friend.

Then when people prove that it isn't hard at all to get special eggs using the free DLC's and in fact is probably about as easy as it woul be on the paid DLC, you then turn to call them out for not blindly siding with your argument. 

If you wanted to make the argument for titanboa eggs being special, why not just come out with that as your main premise? why do you have to spin this BS about pay to win when it comes to kibble. Now don't get me wrong there are other factors I believe where pay to win comes into play when it comes to the paid DLC's but that had more to do with the types of creatures that you get from those DLC's and how much they outclass and make irrelevant majority of the creatures in the core game DLC's, but that is a whole different argument.

So some advise for next time, be forth coming, be upfront with your argument and don't try shroud it in some BS in an attempt to coax people onto your side, most people will see through that and it will have the opposite effect. Had you just said "hey why remove titanboa from special? and who else agree's it was better off before the change" you probably wouldve found a lot more support.

On 3/6/2019 at 9:32 AM, bedbug said:

We all already know about Rag and Center. Is it really something you have to mention?

Yes, of course they do, because that's called "honesty". You're making the claim that ARK if p2w, which is patently false.

On 3/6/2019 at 9:32 AM, bedbug said:

Just trying to make the a small arguement in favor of bringing back titanboa eggs to special. But i guess not

No you're not, you're being dishonest in an attempt to get what you want. If you want to make a suggestion then make it, but if you're going to be dishonest then you're going to get called out.

At the time I posted this Yuty eggs were not classed as extraordinary. So if you only played on the island, you were stuck with the tedium of farming golden hesp eggs. I've played on the island since early access and it has been a part of the maps history that titanboa eggs were always the most valued eggs. So at the time I felt like removing those eggs were kind of like a betrayal of the maps history. Perhaps I went a bit to far saying that it equaled pay to win. I'm guessing the reason they removed titanboa is to keep the tame count down. At least with yutys,  people are gonna tame them anyways for bosses. But with titan boas it would be a tame just for eggs. 

2 hours ago, bedbug said:

True but I doubt anyones gonna go out and tame them just for superior kibble when there are so many other options for that class of kibble.

Exactly. Why would you bother taming something so tedious (requires fert eggs pre tame, and normal eggs post tame) when it’s egg lay rate is possibly the worst in game even with the Oviraptor buff because it’s genderless.

Archived