Singleplayer Map Transfer Bugged

This started to happen ever since the Homestead update, which leads me to believe it has something to do with the changes made to the Tek Transmitter with the integration of Structures +.

Anyway, I'm doing a full Singleplayer playthrough of ARK, from Island to Extinction. I'm gearing up for the Tek Cave, and I need more element, so I figure I'll go to Extinction to grab some element dust and transfer it back over to the Island. I've done this plenty of times before, and as directly uploading creatures can sometimes bug out and not spawn them when downloading, I cryofreeze my Otter, my Argent, my Mantis and my Velonasaur and upload them along with some flak armour, tools and food. I then upload my character.

Upon reaching Extinction, I am greeted with the character creation screen. I go to download my survivor, but she's not there. I'm freaking out, thinking that I've lost my character with all my Tekgrams, so I return to the island. This time, I am greeted with the respawn screen, no survivor download option is available without selecting 'create new character'.

I respawn at my base and breathe a sigh of relief as my character is still fine, but upon checking the Transmitter, all of my creatures and items are gone. 

It's not that big of a deal for me, although it is annoying that I've lost my 135 PT Velonasaur, 145 PT Otter, 150 PT Mantis and 249 hatched red mutated Argent. I figure that it's just a one-off bug, but upon trying again, it happens again. This time, I lose my last Otter and my 233 hatched Argent.

So this is both a bug report and a warning. Don't transfer your character to other maps until this gets addressed. My losses were minimal, but I would hate to see anyone lose something irreplaceable, like a Wyvern or God forbid a Titan.

I'm playing ARK single player on my xbox one. Playing on the island map.

I'm using additional profile to play ARK. On this 2nd profile i'm playing with my son on split screen.

Yesterday i have decided to upload my character in order to download it in Rangarok map in order to achieve Griffing and bring it back to the island.

Before doing so i have created new char on Rangarok map and the center map and verify it is doable. it did work. I have upload and download the other chars between the maps.

I have uploaded my main character and additional data items and 2 Argentavis. 

Now i can't see my character in the download list! nor the items and dinos!

I have tried different things - create new character on the island : this new character have been created as from other tribe so i couldn't use any of the dinos already been tamed. i have logged with my spliscreen body, which haven't been affected at all and is the same as was, added the new char to my tribe so he can use dinos. went to the closest obelisk but still can't see my main char in the download list. BUT the new one is there !?!?! 

I have done same with additional new character which have been created on the center map and same results - this char can be seen in the list but main still isn't.

When looking in tribe manage tab (3rd one in the tab lists) i can see the main char, named Shay, in offline mode. in addition it sais it is the owner and others are members and admins. My guess is that it is related to owner and different tribe/game attributes which can be managed.

It seems like a bug to me.

Can someone have additional smart suggestions in order to reclaim char, dinos and items ? how can i deliver owner to other tribe member ? what game attributes can be changed ?

I must say this is frustrating. 

13 minutes ago, Assaf said:

I'm playing ARK single player on my xbox one. Playing on the island map.

I'm using additional profile to play ARK. On this 2nd profile i'm playing with my son on split screen.

Yesterday i have decided to upload my character in order to download it in Rangarok map in order to achieve Griffing and bring it back to the island.

Before doing so i have created new char on Rangarok map and the center map and verify it is doable. it did work. I have upload and download the other chars between the maps.

I have uploaded my main character and additional data items and 2 Argentavis. 

Now i can't see my character in the download list! nor the items and dinos!

I have tried different things - create new character on the island : this new character have been created as from other tribe so i couldn't use any of the dinos already been tamed. i have logged with my spliscreen body, which haven't been affected at all and is the same as was, added the new char to my tribe so he can use dinos. went to the closest obelisk but still can't see my main char in the download list. BUT the new one is there !?!?! 

I have done same with additional new character which have been created on the center map and same results - this char can be seen in the list but main still isn't.

When looking in tribe manage tab (3rd one in the tab lists) i can see the main char, named Shay, in offline mode. in addition it sais it is the owner and others are members and admins. My guess is that it is related to owner and different tribe/game attributes which can be managed.

It seems like a bug to me.

Can someone have additional smart suggestions in order to reclaim char, dinos and items ? how can i deliver owner to other tribe member ? what game attributes can be changed ?

I must say this is frustrating. 

Try returning to your original map. Your old character should be there, just locked to the original map. As for dinos and items, as far as I know they are lost forever. What did you lose?

As an experiment, I tried uploading a dodo and seeing if it could be downloaded elsewhere on the same map. I uploaded it onto the transmitter in my Hidden Lake base, and upon looking in the transmitter that I placed at the peak of the volcano, it was there. 

That was yesterday. Today I got on, and the dodo was nowhere to be seen. This leads me to believe that if you upload something and then unload the map, it will vanish.

Edited by Reubatina11

This kind of things are very frustrating since i expect from develop team after 3+ years to solve all kind of those problems.

If one can't save game properly and can't move safely chars, dinos and items than game isn't playable.

i read many people lost their chars, dinos and items in many different ways.

This is the most basic thing to develop, even before fixing gameplay. 

how can things like that still happens ???

Just now, Assaf said:

by the way,

you haven't commented about the issue which i see my main char offline in the tribe members list.

and about me not able to move owner between chars in tribe tab or can't even press "tribe goverance update" button.

I have no experience in that. I've just posted my problems and tried to help to the best of my ability. I never went as far as to create a new character.

As a bit of an update, after completing the TEK cave on Alpha with only 9 Rexes (yay), I tried to transfer my character to Aberration, with nothing else. It worked.

So, good news is that the transfers seem to be working again. Bad news is now I'm stuck on Aberration with no way to get back without getting either a Hazard Suit or Rock Drake. I was going to transfer some Cryopods to Aberration to make the caves easier, but can't now. Oh well, Aberration was the next stop for my playthrough anyway.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So I’ve tried everything to move Dinos from one map to another and I can confirm that if you upload a Dino on one map and then exit to a different map that Dino disappears. Forever. Poof! Same with character uploads. And I’ve tried via the arks themselves and via tec transmitters. Also tried item transfer and it doesn’t seem to be working either. They just stay in the inventory on the map you deposited them, they don’t move over to other maps.
It’s really disappointing as being unable to move maps essentially makes the game unplayable in a lot of ways. 

I collected a whole bunch of pink dinosaurs during Valentine’s Day on the island and I was planning on dispersing them amongst my other maps. But alas I am unable to instil the fear of god into everything and everyone with a pack of six bright pink allosaurus’ on every map now. My dreams are crushed!! *glaring at you wildcard*

I've been trying to accomplish the same thing as well. I've finally had this game a little over a year and was ready to move on from the island, but...….hopefully this gets fixed eventually. I never play online, only single player, so this really makes me sad. I was so ready to go after that Griffin,  some kind of drake or even the Deinonychus………

• 2 months later...

I had just bought scorched earth and wanted to go get a mantis to help progress fast with materials on the island. I had never done a transfer before so I looked up a tutorial and did it the exact way it said. I upload my 200 argy and a pack of 7 215+ wolves with insane 400% damage. I upload items character and tames then try to load the scorched earth. Character doesn’t come up (lv 105) an Im freaking out. Go back to the island and he’s there and I’m like okay cool lemme go get my tames. They were gone but my items were still just sitting in the inventory of the obelisk. I just put in a ticket today about it. Hope it gets fixed soon. I also tried everything to transfer thinking it’s a big which it probably is. Nothing works so I delete the game from my Xbox and re download it and the dlc. Still nothing fixed it. And yes I’m in single player.

Edited by DragonWizrd420
  • 8 months later...

Yes (Sorry for necro but this is still an issue). I keep uploading my character trying to get to genesis from ragnerok.  Every time I upload them they are missing from the upload screen in genesis.  So I go back to ragnerok and see the respawn screen even though I had just uploaded them. Do you guys know any fix to this issue? It has happened 5 times already in a row.  Restarting the game does not seem to help.