Why Nobody can build up on official servers

R0b0tic

So I see alot of people who try and start up on unboosted servers just get wiped by one dude on a mag or wyvern on the beach with nothing but a stone raft with a smithy on it and you cant do build up or anything 

So i propose ark make a specialty server cluster with only character transfers (nothing else) with the current small tribes modifiers with one difference in the server 

So people have the opportunity to build up make the server pve for 5 days then pvp for 2 (on the switch reset the server and kick everyone off for 10 minutes)

to limit building make flags to claim territories one person puts a flag down and  nobody can build there but them ofc people cant place anything outside the aoe of the flag and players gain 2x xp inside thier flag(tree platforms count as a flag if placed on a redwood tree) flags arent limited on height no caves obilisk and spawns for players only a tribe with exactly three people can get a flag in thier leaders inventory the flag is a undamagedable tek foundation the building ring extends from that in about a 20 foundation radius enough to build a decent size base

once placed flags cant be picked up within 12 hours 

alliances are allowed in another group of three but if allied then thier flags must be placed with touching building rings if when trying to ally only one tribe in the alliance may have a flag down and that three man tribe is the head of the alliance 

if the leader of a tribe doesnt get on for 120 hours then the flag turns into dust and the tribe disbands and these members must find or start a new tribe 

caves have unbreakable walls and cant be entered cuz tek is retardedly op in pvp plus they have no use besides materials but people with find mesh exploits so no

i think this forces people to find others or play with friends and allows people to establish a base ready for pvp in 5 days no need for a wipe constantly cuz you cant build up past ure flag unless you create a huge alliance with alot of people and have three death towers in the sky but they cant extent beyond that plus nothing in ark is unraidable

player limit on these servers may vary and make it you can kill any afk asleep guy on the beach if hes been like that for a hour cuz thats annoying in pve for me 

drops arent needed on pve but make a total of 50 or so red drops containing great loot spawn during the purge 48 hours provoking fights and luring people out of bases drops cant be built right on but can be built near (maybe put a warning for people who are about to place down their flag near a drop location) kibble can spawn in drops and maybe cryopods 

get rid of swamp sickness cuz its dumb and troll candy (obvious things trolls will use to make others mad) same with clubs force feeding players narcos etc (hitting with arrows is fine cuz it does damage which eventually kills them)

add a suicide switch in the pause button menu and make the green light beam appear to allies on death cache cant hit if frozen or asleep gives you a 5 min death timer sadly 

Resources spawn back very fast and can spawn close but not on top of you or near foundations 

taming traps are part of this game and taming argys is very difficult without them so maybe add a much smaller flag for all tribe mates with a 4 hour timer and everything is destroyed after the timer is up  plus those flags are given out from the flag foundation every 12 hours so u cant block resource spawns but can tame argys and griffins cuz if not good luck taming those things. on three times tame you can meat tame griffions or even berry tame a therinzino 

this would be amazing on abberation with rock drake hunting on the two purge days or simply flying around on a wyvern on rag looking for cave drops on the purge 

its just and idea and i think would be incredibly fun  if you have something to add please do and if you agree this should be a thing then help me by sharing it with the link and #arkflagpurge

4 hours ago, CCRogerWilco said:

Don't play on official servers. The community there is toxic, and the settings are such that you can only play if you make it your job.

Official ARK is a game developed by griefers for griefers.

I suggest playing only on unofficial, preferably a server you own.

I might turn this into a private server, if so would you play on it 

10 hours ago, R0b0tic said:

to limit building make flags to claim territories one person puts a flag down

If they did this on all servers there would be a max exodus. 

Other games have tried this and lost 90% of their players.

People like freedom, you start making them claim land and limit where they can and cant build, they stop playing.

17 hours ago, R0b0tic said:

What in particular?

First, the system of flags you indicate. Now if you put a foundation, nobody can build in a radius and the "territory" lasts the time it has the foundation before you can demolish it. I think it's fine like that. Second, I think the drops if they are necessary in pve and help a lot, are the ones that give the bp, I do not know if I understood you well. Third I like that resources appear near the foundations and go out with my Dinos to farm. The suicide button completely breaks the essence, which would be from ARK removing the need to poop and eat your own poop to kill you xD

I dont think its fair that ARK allows more skilled players to be more successful than bad players. Its totally broken that people good at organizing their tribes efficiently, conducting diplomacy, better skill at pvp, better understanding of efficient farming methods can dominate the game. I want to play ark by myself or just my 2 IRL friends  for 2 hours on every other saturday night. But demand to be given same success as guys who started out as a bunch of random beach bobs just like me, but through skill and determination was able to forge empires controlling multiple servers,

56 minutes ago, covenantgrunt said:

I dont think its fair that ARK allows more skilled players to be more successful than bad players. Its totally broken that people good at organizing their tribes efficiently, conducting diplomacy, better skill at pvp, better understanding of efficient farming methods can dominate the game. I want to play ark by myself or just my 2 IRL friends  for 2 hours on every other saturday night. But demand to be given same success as guys who started out as a bunch of random beach bobs just like me, but through skill and determination was able to forge empires controlling multiple servers,

While simultaneously sacrificing everything in their real lives to achieve it no less! Yes let's all do that.

Not all official servers are toxic. The one I play on has a friendly, helpful community where the advanced (tek-using) players are perfectly willing to offer advice and help to server newbies as long as they're willing to put in some of the work themselves and are mature and friendly in return. I know I've been helped a ton...to the point of being given animals/eggs/item it would've either taken me a ridiculous amount of time to get myself, or never at all...including a boss rex for meat runs, an anky for stone/metal, cryo fridge and pods, ect. The only toxic people I've ever seen on our server are, ironically, some newbies who just joined who do nothing but insult people in global chat trying to goad them into a fight, and spam huts everywhere deliberately to be an annoyance (and this is a PVE server so he can't even be killed).

4 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

Online base defenses/raids are known to span across a whole day or even multiple days

exactly,1st to go to sleep loses.if you cant wipe someone in 7 hours then they deserve to have a break.you try again the next day...

If people don't log in during the stucture attacking timer? tough,they get offlined.seems fair to me,helps the whole player base not just the few

8 hours ago, Jacira said:

While simultaneously sacrificing everything in their real lives to achieve it no less! Yes let's all do that.

That's opposite of the truth, whole point of a megatribe is many hands make light work and no one has to nolife the game anymore. Many leadership position players I know at PC official megatribes are older gamers with jobs and family who can't play as much as young people. The megatribe concept has made it possible for gamere who would otherwise not be able to play on officials a chance to be able to do so. Its way easier than say 6 man tribe servers.

7 hours ago, margifish said:

Not all official servers are toxic. The one I play on has a friendly, helpful community where the advanced (tek-using) players are perfectly willing to offer advice and help to server newbies as long as they're willing to put in some of the work themselves and are mature and friendly in return. I know I've been helped a ton...to the point of being given animals/eggs/item it would've either taken me a ridiculous amount of time to get myself, or never at all...including a boss rex for meat runs, an anky for stone/metal, cryo fridge and pods, ect. The only toxic people I've ever seen on our server are, ironically, some newbies who just joined who do nothing but insult people in global chat trying to goad them into a fight, and spam huts everywhere deliberately to be an annoyance (and this is a PVE server so he can't even be killed).

Surprisingly this is also the truth on official pvp as well. The idea of megatribes exterminating bovs is a myth. I have played in  several big tribes on PC officials And I can tell you the times the tribe went after bobs was rare and exceptional. There were some servers (usually scorched) that were off limits, but most others were very very friendly and even protective toward bobs.  A megatribes main focus is fighting other megatribes. Griefing bobs was frowned upon or seen as distasteful by most megatribe players I know.

I can make a suggestion is don't start building till lvl 100 it may take time but will be way worth it ... run around getting explorer notes kill stuff make cloth hats for xp for the first 40 lvls then start making narcotics if u have

access to scorched earth go there aswell great xp in the desert death worms an mantis give great xp I say lvl 100 for heavy turrets are key

21 hours ago, Ronson12 said:

exactly,1st to go to sleep loses.if you cant wipe someone in 7 hours then they deserve to have a break.you try again the next day...

If people don't log in during the stucture attacking timer? tough,they get offlined.seems fair to me,helps the whole player base not just the few

Yeah thats kinda part of the game also its when people are going to be on the server en masse plus thats not a problem it’s incentive to be on at that time if the red drops weren’t enough I need constructive criticism on this idea not the game in general its pvp that allows noobs to build up in time for the purge with high rates so the can but not so big tribes can take over the server hence the flags 

17 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

I can make a suggestion is don't start building till lvl 100 it may take time but will be way worth it ... run around getting explorer notes kill stuff make cloth hats for xp for the first 40 lvls then start making narcotics if u have

access to scorched earth go there aswell great xp in the desert death worms an mantis give great xp I say lvl 100 for heavy turrets are key

I like this thought, but maybe not till 100. I feel like it'd be more enjoyable if it were maybe around 45 or 50, and while you're trying to get to the required level you get slower food and water depletion and maybe twice as much xp gain? Also, about the flags idea. Maybe you can get a flag at around level ten, but if you join up into a group of people then everybody in the group must be around 15 or 20, and with every alliance you have with a full group the required level goes up by 5 more?

17 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

First u need foundations to make basic stuff like bed preserving bin mortar pedistal also note running is what everyone pro does, hell on my small tribes server on x three note running got me to lvl 60 no sweat also look for the dossier and explora note map on ark wiki i dont think lvl building limitation will work plus read the entire post again cuz u cant build anything unless you have three tribe members including yourself to build anything including narcotics so this is great for bringing a group of people together 

Archived