tek dedicated storage HUGE bug

Giorgino87

Guest BubbaCrawfish

It's not just the tek storage... Your player inventory no longer reports that it's full and will make everything higher than what you should hold, disappear.

I just tested it with hide... Emptied 200 stacks into myself, it said I transferred only 1200, but yet thing was it emptied the storage.

There's serious issues that need to be checked with this patch. Serious lack of testing.

• 10 months later...

All those bugs still working, and right now, ANYONE can deposit / take from your dedicated storage boxes regardless of whether or not they are in your Tribe. This is even if your storage boxes are locked.

The one functional workaround is pinlocking the boxes. If they are pin locked, they properly demand credentials before allowing access.

Please please if you have placed any of these boxes, log on as soon as you can and pin lock them until this is fixed!

1 hour ago, GrumpyBear said:

News flash ,  people have been able to access tek storage from the wheel menu  on un-pin coded boxes since the moment they were released.

And that make it ok ? since its possible since Wildcard released Dedicated Boxes ?
And News flash, good Devs fix bugs and not just ignor them for Years.

1 hour ago, Gafgarion said:

And that make it ok ? since its possible since Wildcard released Dedicated Boxes ?
And News flash, good Devs fix bugs and not just ignor them for Years.

Sadly its been like this since release of the homestead update. The gacha crystal thing with tek storage has also been noted since homestead release... It is on wildcard to fix these kinds of things, but it is kinda the players fault for putting them in with out checking what will happen, or testing the waters by putting 1 in and manually testing it. Especially this late into the game.

10 hours ago, brenon45 said:

Sadly its been like this since release of the homestead update. The gacha crystal thing with tek storage has also been noted since homestead release... It is on wildcard to fix these kinds of things, but it is kinda the players fault for putting them in with out checking what will happen, or testing the waters by putting 1 in and manually testing it. Especially this late into the game.

Those of us with a lot of hours in ARK and a lot of experience don't have a problem approaching things with caution, in fact we are just more-or-less wired that way by now.  However, a newer player most likely won't be programmed with the "everything in ARK may not work as intended so proceed carefully" mindset.  Really, it goes for everyone who plays:  People get so hot about little things that fall through the cracks like this because frequently you have to tiptoe around things you do to see if you are gonna bork yourself out of a bunch of playtime from some weird bug, instead of anticipating that things will work as they are described to work in tooltips/programming/etc.  It's rough.

I don't really feel like a player expecting a game feature to work or not work (only to see it bug out and kill some of their playtime) places any fault on the player.

11 hours ago, TheDonn said:

Those of us with a lot of hours in ARK and a lot of experience don't have a problem approaching things with caution, in fact we are just more-or-less wired that way by now.  However, a newer player most likely won't be programmed with the "everything in ARK may not work as intended so proceed carefully" mindset.  Really, it goes for everyone who plays:  People get so hot about little things that fall through the cracks like this because frequently you have to tiptoe around things you do to see if you are gonna bork yourself out of a bunch of playtime from some weird bug, instead of anticipating that things will work as they are described to work in tooltips/programming/etc.  It's rough.

I don't really feel like a player expecting a game feature to work or not work (only to see it bug out and kill some of their playtime) places any fault on the player.

Annndddd thats why i specifically clarified the things should be tested before going all in, "test the waters" so I did cover that even new players should check things out it before doing things. XD

Please make sure to fully read a post before jumping to conclusions, otherwise it just looks foolish.

And no i dont make fun of new players, I actually help out newer players on all of my servers i play on with information, tips and even assisted taming, or farming. 

But to teach properly is for some to experience failures, and ark will do that to you wether you like to get Arked or not.giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d2cf2ac765630692e

5 hours ago, brenon45 said:

Please make sure to fully read a post before jumping to conclusions, otherwise it just looks foolish.

But to teach properly is for some to experience failures, and ark will do that to you wether you like to get Arked or not.

Please don't devolve the discussion into a "you didn't read" accusation.  Of course I read your damn post, so come off it.  I did my level best to not insult or demean when I typed a response, just an appraisal of displacing blame and my specific feelings in this singular situation.  My feelings are more than appropriate, and nothing I said looks foolish.

That said, it is great that you have helped new players out.  But did you explain to them that they need to meticulously test and research every single move they make in the game?  You might say you did, but it is more likely than unlikely that you did not.  Is there anything wrong with you having NOT done that, in the case that you may not have?  No, not at all!  Is there any blame to place on them in the way of "you didn't test enough" in the full-release game with online tutorials  and tooltips about how the game should work, in the event that they experience a crazy bug like this?  Again, not at all.  It doesn't help the discussion, it doesn't help to ease the frustrations of the ARK'ed, and I know not everything we say on the forums has to be perfectly helpful and on-topic but telling someone in hindsight that "they should know by now" is the reason I wrote what I did.  Just a reminder that newer players might not ever approach a nearly 3-year old full-release game the same way Early Access veterans do.  Brenon, I promise, that is the only point I was trying to make.

Gamers, by default, expect a game to work.

26 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

Please don't devolve the discussion into a "you didn't read" accusation.  Of course I read your damn post, so come off it.  I did my level best to not insult or demean when I typed a response, just an appraisal of displacing blame and my specific feelings in this singular situation.  My feelings are more than appropriate, and nothing I said looks foolish.

That said, it is great that you have helped new players out.  But did you explain to them that they need to meticulously test and research every single move they make in the game?  You might say you did, but it is more likely than unlikely that you did not.  Is there anything wrong with you having NOT done that, in the case that you may not have?  No, not at all!  Is there any blame to place on them in the way of "you didn't test enough" in the full-release game with online tutorials  and tooltips about how the game should work, in the event that they experience a crazy bug like this?  Again, not at all.  It doesn't help the discussion, it doesn't help to ease the frustrations of the ARK'ed, and I know not everything we say on the forums has to be perfectly helpful and on-topic but telling someone in hindsight that "they should know by now" is the reason I wrote what I did.  Just a reminder that newer players might not ever approach a nearly 3-year old full-release game the same way Early Access veterans do.  Bruvas, I promise, that is the only point I was trying to make.

Except I did indeed say in both statements that things like this are bother parties responsibility, and with the comment that I didn't from earlier is leading the discussion off, in simple terms, even if things work or don't work as intended means don't throw it all away if you don't know what will happen, you always need to check if things work as the player thinks they work or not. That's the whole point of this forum, its to discuss possibilities if things are broken from known to unknown, and the members more less assist with this, even thou its the moderators who are supposed to help with these matters, more or less it comes down to support and if the cover it in there short and lame covering policies. 

Gamers, by default, want to play a game.

26 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

Devs did their job to confuse gamers too.

I destroyed many structures near doors or near water pipe and similar because in circle of choice when you press E "destroy" command appear in same position as "open" or "drink".

If they tested it that was in absolute no lag conditions then.

Also on lag game interpret command E  in open inventory for unequip as command O for drop - in this way i lost scuba armor - it decomposed before i realized  it is not  in inventory.

Many times i found  locked doors unlocked but that could be my mistake maybe i misclick on circle but...

But i never open cryofridge with E and using circle of choice because two things - I'm afraid to destroy something like walls around or other structures and lastly using F is more handy and faster.

When i was robbed (pve)i found dino gate unlocked, doors of room where cryofridge is unlocked.

If i can think that gate and door i unlocked by myself maybe then unlocked and emptied cyofride cant be my mistake with using it by pressing F it must be possible to hack it without any dub it.

I got used that anyone can turn of/on  my generator, industrial forge, cooker, chemistry bench and fabricator but to unlock cyofridge is hard to survive..

Game graphics make easier work to bad people by displaying first generator, cyofridge, storage and similar structures first. Walls around base or dino gates are last to be show on screen

So if someone fly fast or relog near base can see all crucial structures in base before walls around are designed.

Devs should test things not on their supercomputers with no lag but with average pc and with all lag on running game servers.

3 hours ago, brenon45 said:

That's the whole point of this forum, its to discuss possibilities if things are broken from known to unknown, and the members more less assist with this, even thou its the moderators who are supposed to help with these matters, more or less it comes down to support and if the cover it in there short and lame covering policies. 

Gamers, by default, want to play a game.

I don't disagree with wanting to play a game.  It doesn't feel like you will concede that I may be right about the expectation that a game will work as it is described to work, because it would weaken the "it is partially the gamer's fault" stance, but c'est la vie.  The sentiment remains, and in this case I feel we are both right. 

They DO want to play a game.  But they damn well certainly expect the game to work as described:  That is the difference between a full-release title and an in-development/Early Access/Alpha/Beta-stage game, and that's kind of a fact.

Not one goddamn person (or very, very, very few) who has ever played Call of Duty or Battlefield has thought, "I better be ready to hit 'r' again or weapon switch back-and-forth because this Rifle will most likely glitch out when reloading and not actually reload" a week after buying and installing the hottest new AAA $60 game in these franchises.

1 hour ago, TheDonn said:

Not one goddamn person (or very, very, very few) who has ever played Call of Duty or Battlefield has thought, "I better be ready to hit 'r' again or weapon switch back-and-forth because this Rifle will most likely glitch out when reloading and not actually reload" a week after buying and installing the hottest new AAA $60 game in these franchises.

I feel like you didn't played day 1 Battlefield 2 or Newest COD, because it was common for some of the mechanics to not function properly with the guns, vehicles, or function based items.

Still i know what you are trying to say and I feel for you on that scenario, but it cant be expected nowadays even from AAA franchises, that's why its disappointing that these bugs have persisted for so long and the devs either don't care, or more somewhat they have it so low on the priority to-fix list that it's sometimes forgotten. That's where the community seems to fill in by helping other players know how to go about the situation. Unfortunately for this issue from before, its both parties, but only one is the losing side and its the player.giphy.gif

4 hours ago, brenon45 said:

I feel like you didn't played day 1 Battlefield 2 or Newest COD, because it was common for some of the mechanics to not function properly with the guns, vehicles, or function based items.

Still i know what you are trying to say and I feel for you on that scenario, but it cant be expected nowadays even from AAA franchises, that's why its disappointing that these bugs have persisted for so long and the devs either don't care, or more somewhat they have it so low on the priority to-fix list that it's sometimes forgotten. That's where the community seems to fill in by helping other players know how to go about the situation. Unfortunately for this issue from before, its both parties, but only one is the losing side and its the player.

We can agree on that (who the "loser," so to speak, is).  But where we will probably continue to disagree is whether or not it is in any way incumbent upon the players to EXPECT right off the bat for things to be borked up with how the stuff in these games (CoD/BF/ARK) works.  I feel that is especially true for newer players.

And yeah.  It does suck a big one that so many things fall through the cracks and just remain unfixed.  I've said before elsewhere on the forums, sometimes it seems as if they get to a functional but slightly buggy release, and as long as it is not game-breaking-exploit-filled-nonsense, they say "GOOD 'NUFF," pack it up, and send it out.  I know it would take time and resources to get some of the QoL items straightened out on @Cedric's list, specifically here to iron out the wrinkles with inclusions/exclusions to depositable items as well as the goddamn "pincode or lose everything inside" situation, but maybe we need something to gripe about.

If all these bugs were worked out, we'd fill the forums with complaints about server lag, crashes, and general instability.  EDIT:  Not to say that people don't already do that...  It would just be more  the main focus.

6 hours ago, TheDonn said:

This is funny joke.

Whilst it was said with tongue in cheek, it was also a serious point.
Lots of people write about bugs here on the forums, but the only way to get through to WC is to use their bug reporting mechanism.
At the top of the forums page is a "SUPPORT" menu that has a link for reporting PC bugs.

If everybody assumes that WC employees read the forums, and everybody assumes that somebody else has reported a particular bug, then WC might never hear about the problems.

9 hours ago, Larkfields said:

Whilst it was said with tongue in cheek, it was also a serious point.
Lots of people write about bugs here on the forums, but the only way to get through to WC is to use their bug reporting mechanism.
At the top of the forums page is a "SUPPORT" menu that has a link for reporting PC bugs.

If everybody assumes that WC employees read the forums, and everybody assumes that somebody else has reported a particular bug, then WC might never hear about the problems.

Support is not WC.

Support is https://www.zendesk.com/

They are paid to act as instructed by WC.

They are not WC developers and cant fix bugs.

In my case they refused to contact WC.

They are like cushion between players and  WC blocking any attempt of conversation with developers.

Only thing that remain is to post in forums and hope that someone from WC  in his free time will read it..

Archived