I believe I have found the hidden connection to the redwood forest being a new biome: http://www.survive-ark.com/devkit-preview-titanosaur-archaeopteryx-woolly-rhino-and-more/

Y'know back when they were previewing the snow and swamp biomes? how they had a few creatures not involved with the biomes and then some that were? This update is almost the exact same. The manta and the rhino both would not suit a forest yet everything else does.

23 hours ago, ImpureFrost said:

Yes... Almost all of us know this.. Lol.. Also.. Notice the xbox update is 732? Pc's next update is 237.. Switch them around and you've got the same version. Coincidence?.. Also the mysterious dossier is obviously a desert animal.. So... Yay

So almost everyone knew that the next biome was definitely the redwood one?

I think that patch note version is more of a joke.

And desert creatures don't belong in the redwood forest.

Just now, FaneBlackwing said:

My guess is the large forested area near South Haven. It seems like the perfect place IMO. The desert is obviously going to be near the red obelisk. It only makes sense.

Interesting! My tribes base is in South Haven, so that would be great for us! We don't usually get the new stuff on our doorstep :P Even finding the Dimetrodon was a perilous journey into the swamp for us and we only found 1!

5 minutes ago, PointlessBrandon said:

Like scorpions mite be good to put back in the desert.lol

I hope they remove the Scorpions from everywhere else minus Dead Island and the Caves when the Desert is introduced. They feel way weird in the Mountains and on the beaches. 

As for other creatures that are released, Argentavis, Carbonemys, and Titanomyrma seem fit for the Desert.

14 minutes ago, FaneBlackwing said:

I hope they remove the Scorpions from everywhere else minus Dead Island and the Caves when the Desert is introduced. They feel way weird in the Mountains and on the beaches. 

As for other creatures that are released, Argentavis, Carbonemys, and Titanomyrma seem fit for the Desert.

That sounds good. Argy could pass as a desert hawk. Would be interesting to see the carbs there. They are power houses. They would balance the desert food chain.

55 minutes ago, PointlessBrandon said:

That sounds good. Argy could pass as a desert hawk. Would be interesting to see the carbs there. They are power houses. They would balance the desert food chain.

Like Xopha said, Argentavis is basically a Vulture. However, Carbonemys isn't actually a Turtle (Seeing their egg's labelled as Turtle Egg upsets me) it's actually a Tortoise. Tortoises can be found in deserts around the world, so putting the Carbonemys there is quite fitting.

Archived