question about the switch version

nabs93

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2019 at 1:22 AM, nabs93 said:

hello all :)I just bought the game and frankly I was not waiting at his .. graphics level that you like it? why is the game blurry? planned updates to the future or not?

The game is blurry because the Switch Hardware is bad and because the game will not receive any updates.

You should change to Xbox One or PS4

He’s being a moron. Ignore him.

I’m fine with the graphics. It’s unfortunate they weren’t optimized as well as they potentially could have been. But they’re good enough for me most of the time. And when they get crazy glitchy I just find a safe place and restart my Switch. Problem solved.

As for the DLC and updates, wild card has been silent. Another company involved with this port has said wild card has been silent with them too, but take that with a grain of salt. I’d be shocked if they don’t eventually update and offer the DLC for purchase.

My toaster runs Skyrim. That game is so old & has been ported so often its not like its a technical feat. IOS looks good but man those controls are derpy. I hate swiping. From my understanding of things, the team that developed the Switch version has made improvements but wildcard has remained mute on giving them the green;ight to improve the game. They (the outside developers who made the game for Switch) probably want more money to fix it & since gaming media has been very hard on the Switch version specifically, the Switch versions sales have likely suffered to the point that Wildcard see no point in investing more. Money down the toilet, if you will. Thats not to say they may patch up stuff eventually...but I think its a distant priority at best.

I love the Switch version, btw. I especially like how uncrowded our servers are, even after Wildcard stripped some away from us. I like the ease of portability & dedicated controller without hauling around a $1K laptop.  Id be lying though if I didnt say Im upset over the lack of support....I realize we cant expect nor handle mods like structures plus or primitive plus, wont get the exclusive dino the Ios version is getting & chances for even buyable DLC (skins to maps) may not happen in light of how the games been rumored to have sold. If the prior developers have fixed some things though & can make the game look better or at the very least not have the "grass to glass" disappearing land glitch that always leads to a game crash happen as often, Id surely appreciate it. The post launch support when compared to other systems has been truely terrible.

The team doung the switch is the same team working the ps4 version.  I dont think it b very hard to shift a few compatibility codes to allow the dlc to work on switch.  It probably take 1 guy an hour and then wildcard makes more money even if they dont touch the graphics or bugs.  Id also like to point out theres a new dev team that took over ark, these guys r the 1s who finally gave us our promised s+ and kibble rework.  They been making quality of life changes and OMG theyre actually fixing bugs!(thats it the world ends tomorrow XD)  My point is the new guys actually seem to care so id b patient and see what they do.

12 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

The team doung the switch is the same team working the ps4 version.  I dont think it b very hard to shift a few compatibility codes to allow the dlc to work on switch.  It probably take 1 guy an hour and then wildcard makes more money even if they dont touch the graphics or bugs.  Id also like to point out theres a new dev team that took over ark, these guys r the 1s who finally gave us our promised s+ and kibble rework.  They been making quality of life changes and OMG theyre actually fixing bugs!(thats it the world ends tomorrow XD)  My point is the new guys actually seem to care so id b patient and see what they do.

Where is the source for that? Who is this new team?

And besides that. It has nothing to do with the Switch Version. That is handled by Abstraction and they have hands tied since the lack of communication with WC. 

The Switch Version is doomed. Period.

5 hours ago, Eviga said:

Where is the source for that? Who is this new team?

And besides that. It has nothing to do with the Switch Version. That is handled by Abstraction and they have hands tied since the lack of communication with WC. 

The Switch Version is doomed. Period.

Look up ark switch on google, 1 of the 1st things is a gaming news site thatll tell u its the same ppl as the ps4 port.  As for the new dev team its what other members(respected 1s) hav been saying and iv known these guys on here long enough to believe em when they say it.  The changes made certainly dont look or feel like the old team.

15 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Look up ark switch on google, 1 of the 1st things is a gaming news site thatll tell u its the same ppl as the ps4 port.  As for the new dev team its what other members(respected 1s) hav been saying and iv known these guys on here long enough to believe em when they say it.  The changes made certainly dont look or feel like the old team.

Abstraction Games handles all console versions including the Switch. It is not true to say there are new people on the steering wheel behind Ark. 

Abstraction ported Ark to PS4, Xbox One and Switch. All versions get updates except Switch. The reasons can only be.guessed. I think the efford needed to fix this mess on the Switch stands in no relation to the sales and number of players. 

There are only few people playing. 

2 hours ago, Eviga said:

Abstraction Games handles all console versions including the Switch. It is not true to say there are new people on the steering wheel behind Ark. 

Abstraction ported Ark to PS4, Xbox One and Switch. All versions get updates except Switch. The reasons can only be.guessed. I think the efford needed to fix this mess on the Switch stands in no relation to the sales and number of players. 

There are only few people playing. 

Ur probably right about the reason being fewer ppl playing.  Ima stand on a new dev team tho.  Theres multiple things suggesting it.  The sudden change in behavior from money hungry to some actual care and tlc, the new setup for bug fixes along with the new bug report website separate from the original which still exists and the old techies will direct u to the new 1.  Something is def different then b4.  B4 u call me a fanboy do kno iv spent most my time on here running wc into the ground.  For me to say this, something got to b different.

• 7 months later...

Archived