Swamp cave megatherium

Crigor92

Hi guys

I've heard a lot of people say the swamp cave can easily be done more that you can cryo a sloth (megatherium) into the cave

I've never done this cave before but am hoping to soon, me and my tribe mate have a couple of megas that we're going to breed and use their off spring in the cave. I'm just worried their stats aren't good enough, 

What are recommended stats for the megatherium down the cave, we have saddles that have come out over 100 armour rating with my crafting character btw

Thanks for the advice guys

14 minutes ago, Crigor92 said:

Hi guys

I've heard a lot of people say the swamp cave can easily be done more that you can cryo a sloth (megatherium) into the cave

I've never done this cave before but am hoping to soon, me and my tribe mate have a couple of megas that we're going to breed and use their off spring in the cave. I'm just worried their stats aren't good enough, 

What are recommended stats for the megatherium down the cave, we have saddles that have come out over 100 armour rating with my crafting character btw

Thanks for the advice guys

You can do it easily with a tamed 120+ Mega and a primitive saddle. Its real easy with a mega man :) Their bug buff is insane in there.

The only problem is moving between a few of the rooms. Also, mega doesnt fit in the cave naturally (as you know) - but you cant do the first pull with the megas.. unless you want to uncryo, lure mobs to it (itll be stuck in one room) then wait 5 mins, recryo etc..

For this first part just ride a single baryonyx or carno or frog etc. You just need to take out one swarm of bugs, 1 or 2 artho and some spiders before they can be deployed effectivley

Edit: I like to ride a frog, easiest is carno (avoids spit head on) but baryonyx works well too (will get spat on if the artho is infront, more than 3~ foundations away) but has the best DPS / utility ratio out of all cave tames. Once I see the first big room with water, ill poke my frog / bary into the room and throw my mega from Cryo into the big room, whistle neutral and run back to the previous room, he can solo everything while youre safe from the 2-4 artho in the room, then ride it.

I just take 1 megatherium in and there's 1 place where I need to cryo it and maybe one more on the way out depending if mobs have respawned, go down the first tunnel with mobs in then when you get to the first big room you can either go right to another room with a blue crate or go left, left is the way you need to go but you'll need to cryo the megatherium and release it the other side of the blockage so if you're still on cooldown go and get the blue crate then come back.

After going left you'll come to another big room that might have a red or blue crate, there's a low tunnel on the right which leads to the other blue crate room then 2 more on the left that join up a bit further along, take the furthest left one as there's 2 locations where yellow crates spawn, carry on until you join the other path, if you come back this way you need to go left as you can't get a megatherium back up the tunnel where the crates spawn.

In the next big room there should be a red crate and probably another will spawn when you come back from the artifact, if you walk around the edge of the room there's 2 exits, first one goes to the blue crate room near the start and the 2nd one goes to the artifact, you'll have to dismount before you get there but it's safe to run up the narrow bit then back down to where you dismounted.

To get out the easiest way is just to backtrack the way you came, when you get to the bit where you had to cryo the megathrium you can usually force it through but if you can't just cryo it then quickly exit the tunnel then turn right, if you've been quick you can run straight out from here but if mobs have spawned then throw the megatherium out then cryo it again halfway up the path to the cave entrance, there are a couple of shortcuts back from the artifact but it depends on how fast you are and if mobs have had a chance to respawn or not

Archived