SO NEW KIBBLE AND IMPRINTING?

LordRyot

Guest BubbaCrawfish
6 hours ago, PreshusRoze said:

They stated in the stream today that the previously stated information about being able to use the old-named-kibble for taming what it [now, used to] tame(d) - was inaccurate.

On the stream, not in the forums... Honestly, so lacking in communication skills this group is, it's no wonder that a bug I've been tracking hasn't even been responded to by devs...

They said it was going to be, then they change the statement, but only say that to a limited few who they retain on their stream.

Honestly, why do I even bother reporting bugs, or even trying to check anything if this is the case... Such a debacle of a 'community' we have here that they aren't even in here to do anything....

The 'testing' was simply 'get in the game, and build on creative, show us what you can build'... No actual testing in the slightest, and with this patch, it shows terribly. This stuttering is terrible, and it's completely unreasonable to be expected to put up with that, in a tested for weeks branch...

7 hours ago, PreshusRoze said:

They stated in the stream today that the previously stated information about being able to use the old-named-kibble for taming what it [now, used to] tame(d) - was inaccurate.
They said they would only tame what their new-kibble-designation would allow them to tame.

I'm ticked that they moved the titanboa from the Extraordinary list and shifted them to Superior. Not everyone can get their hands on drake, wyvern or golden herperonis eggs.
And it's not like titanboas lay eggs like argents or dodos.

Damn, so my 3 fridges full of the old kibble are now useless (made every egg we had into kibble 6 months ago when we moved base 1/2 way accross Rag - wasn't carrying all those eggs! ). At least we have a LOT of eggs to make the new kibble with, just need a bigger greenhouse with all the other requirements.

I've been raising and imprint continuously pre and post patch. What I observed was that the first imprints after the patch was the old system, and any new timers started post patch went with the new system. One possible explanation is that the imprint action & table required is set when the 8 hour period starts, not ends; hence the older actions remaining. 

So, as long as people manage to reset & imprint once, they'll be fine from then on? It's a minor oversight honestly, and easy to overlook while testing under simulated circumstances.

8 minutes ago, FeyGriffin said:

Damn, so my 3 fridges full of the old kibble are now useless (made every egg we had into kibble 6 months ago when we moved base 1/2 way accross Rag - wasn't carrying all those eggs! ). At least we have a LOT of eggs to make the new kibble with, just need a bigger greenhouse with all the other requirements.

I'm not sure how it'll work yet, but all of the old kibble has a colored effect on it like the new kibble.  I can only guess that this means that the old kibble now behaves like how it's appropriate new kibble would (aka. dodo kibble is the lowest level, Rex kibble is the second best, etc).  So if these icons are correct, all your kibble is still useful, but you'll have to relearn the system as it's not the same anymore.

Just now, mceyl said:

I've been raising and imprint continuously pre and post patch. What I observed was that the first imprints after the patch was the old system, and any new timers started post patch went with the new system. One possible explanation is that the imprint action & table required is set when the 8 hour period starts, not ends; hence the older actions remaining. 

So, as long as people manage to reset & imprint once, they'll be fine from then on? It's a minor oversight honestly, and easy to overlook while testing under simulated circumstances.

and that's good to hear, at least going forward nothing is going to be too bad with the kibbles and imprinting.

15 hours ago, TheConstructor said:

So.
I play on SE.. I steped to baby thorny.. it wanted galli kibble for imprint .. I re-cryod to see what want after.. cuddle.. 
I did 3 more babys like that.. all wanted cuddles.. (for a split second I hoped that now imprint is only cuddles like rock drakes lol)
4th was galli to vulture kibble..

So.
Now.
Question 1: Why devs did kibble re-work if you still need certain useless low level dinos for imprint kibbles? 
Question 2: Didnt that guy on twitch stream said you cant make old kibble anymore? how can I imprint then? I keep re-cryo babys till I get walk or cuddle? 

Im confused..

You can still spawn in the old kibble. You may have to just cheat and spawn in what you need. At least until the devs work out this problem they've created.

Old kibble becomes one of the new new augmented kibbles and can tame any creature that needs that augment type.  For example rex eggs makes exceptional kibble. So any of the dinos that require exceptional kibble will also accept the old rex kibble. So your old kibble is not useless.

I think it would have been easier if they would have just converted all the old kibble into augmented kibble during the patch.

7 hours ago, mceyl said:

I started raising some ab dire bears before the patch came live.  SInce the patch went live I've had 3 imprints, the third imprint asked for turtle kibble on aberration.  The new kibble system is not fully implemented.  People are gonna have problems imprinting on aberration at the very least, I dont' know about the other maps - but I do know on aberration the new kibble system hasn't taken over the imprinting kibbles.

On 3/5/2019 at 11:27 PM, TravisMichael said:

I was raising a Rex today and it wanted Galli kibble. I had been expecting it to want the new kibble, and was unprepared, so I cheated and spawned in some Galli kibble and it ate it just like normal. 

How did you do that? I'm breding a rex that is asking for Dimetron Kibble but with the new system I can't have an exactly "Dimetrodon Kibble"

Probably I'll have the same problem with the other 5 Rex I'm raising :'( 

Need Help! 

53 minutes ago, JuanSe said:

How did you do that? I'm breding a rex that is asking for Dimetron Kibble but with the new system I can't have an exactly "Dimetrodon Kibble"

Probably I'll have the same problem with the other 5 Rex I'm raising :'( 

Need Help! 

Well if you're an Admin, or know the admin if the server ( as long as it's not official) or on singleplayer, just use this to spawn it in from the command line.

GFI Kibble_Dimetro <Quanity> <Quality> 0

So, say you want a stack of 100, it would be:

GFI Kibble_Dimetro 100 0 0

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone please help me I'm playing on primitive plus and I cannot cook kibble I've tried all recipes old and new rebuilt everything cauldron and cooking pot and put in all ingredients with water and pot turned on but it never makes kibble. If anyone has an answer I would really appreciate any and all advice or things to try to get this fixed.

Archived