New Sloped Roofs

AngrySaltire

So I have spent the previous hour hitting my head against stone walls (literally in game?) attempting to build a basic circular building in SP. I just cant seem to work out how to us the triangular slopped roofs and get them to line up. The fact that the standard sloped roofs do not snap at an appropriate angle is certainly npt helping. Any advive ?

I would imagine, much like in S+, your circle building needs to go something like triangle slope, regular slope, triangle, etc all the way around if you do just 12 triangle foundations and 6 square ones. 

However sloped roofs require you have specific sloped right/left walls in vanilla. So it's not working because the sloped roof isn't recognizing the sloped triangle roof piece as a snapping point like it does sloped right/left. Kind of frustrating. Hope they fix that soon or someone who has gotten it to work can shed some light on how.

3 hours ago, CryptidHorror said:

However sloped roofs require you have specific sloped right/left walls in vanilla. So it's not working because the sloped roof isn't recognizing the sloped triangle roof piece as a snapping point like it does sloped right/left. Kind of frustrating. Hope they fix that soon or someone who has gotten it to work can shed some light on how.

Yeah I worked this much out :( Its going to be frustrating if we have to use sloped left and right walls as support. Hopefully it has just been overlooked and will be changed soon. 

47 minutes ago, Zahlea said:

Hey, if you're feeling brave, you can try this round build ? It's my dream to pull something like that off at one point in my ARKareer (see what I did there? :P )

Dont tempt me.... 

Built a castle as a community center once on my previous server cluster using creative mode, was great. Would be cool do again especially with the round peices. Grind would be insane though hahaha.

On 3/6/2019 at 1:16 AM, AngrySaltire said:

So I have spent the previous hour hitting my head against stone walls (literally in game?) attempting to build a basic circular building in SP. I just cant seem to work out how to us the triangular slopped roofs and get them to line up. The fact that the standard sloped roofs do not snap at an appropriate angle is certainly npt helping. Any advive ?

I'm assuming you used "Q" to rotate between available snap points and then saw that it wouldnt snap to the appropriate angle?

44 minutes ago, ArkRage said:

I gave up in the end and did a flat roof??? Thought I had it sussed at first and placed the triangle roofs all the way around hoping that would work, but they started overlapping and looked gay af lol.

I have been mucking about in SP and I got it to work and work well. The only problen was that I had to stick a flat roof on it first and put up walls to support the standard sloped roofs which just ruins the entire build.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived