ONE OF DEVS SAID..

TheConstructor

2 minutes ago, TheConstructor said:

If you had pre-made kibble with extraordinary egg the kibble gets the proper rank and it will be extraordinary…

Now explain me this: 

Screenshot_1.thumb.jpg.4fb0a47960ffe9e99564e1bf602f1f47.jpg

boa kibble is same rank as argy, moschops, megalo,.. 

LIES LIES LIES.

The kibble was revised. Titanboa is the same rank as argy and megalo...

Guest BubbaCrawfish
39 minutes ago, ArkRage said:

I did see someone say that all kibble made before the update could still be used for tames it's made for, it just cannot be crafted post update.. think it was in a crunch, I'm not sure. 

I'm sure of that too...

I even found it too...

"Structures Plus (S+) & Kibble Rework Beta Is Live!

By Jen, January 12 in Announcements"

Regarding previously crafted kibble:

• Old kibbles will not be wiped, and will inherit their new "value/color" appropriately.
  • Old kibbles will still work to tame their appropriate creatures.
  • Old kibble will no longer be craftable, only the new types will be craftable.

To which what I just tested was dodo kibble, versus simple kibble... 2 Level 15 ichty, Simple insta-tames, Dodo kibble does _3.9%_....... 3.9........

12 hours ago, DarkSoul996 said:

Not too difficult for an established tribe to get 20-30 wyvern eggs (and drakes if established on ab) in an hour or so. I personally prefer to proactively be able to go and farm the eggs then sit around my base waiting on random chance.

I agree, and I think it seems to work well on those maps... but for people (like me) that's playing exclusively The Island, it's really bad... and I'm not ok with the argument "but buy/go to the DLC maps then". I think that the change should work on each of the maps in isolation and currently it doesn't!

16 minutes ago, Luizza said:

Then speak to your server cluster owner - the game can't be responsible if some server clusters don't even include most maps. They'll have to spawn some in or make the cave ones tameable.

I very much disagree. There are plenty of reasons to play exclusively on one or a certain set of maps. As said above - the mechanics present in one map should also work well on that map in isolation. Especially when the other options are behind a paywall!

Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 hour ago, Luizza said:

Then speak to your server cluster owner - the game can't be responsible if some server clusters don't even include most maps. They'll have to spawn some in or make the cave ones tameable.

That's not a solution really at all. As above said, there's a paywall in this thing now.

1 hour ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

That's not a solution really at all. As above said, there's a paywall in this thing now.

The only egg behind a paywall is rock drake, even then on an unofficial PC cluster you could add the volcano or crystal isles where drakes spawn, hesperonis are available on the Island, Centre and Ragnarok, wyvern eggs are on Ragnarok so not that big an issue

Seeing as a cluster needs at least 2 maps there's no reason not to use Ragnarok plus one other map included in the base game, that makes all kibble obtainable without needing paid dlc

One other thing it might help with is, is people will now have a reason to farm wyvern eggs even after they've got all the wyverns they need, I've started on loads of servers where nests are full of spoiled eggs, can be a pain when you find a high level and it spoils right away because nobody is farming them, should hopefully put an end to that issue

Guest BubbaCrawfish
46 minutes ago, RageQuitter said:

The only egg behind a paywall is rock drake, even then on an unofficial PC cluster you could add the volcano or crystal isles where drakes spawn, hesperonis are available on the Island, Centre and Ragnarok, wyvern eggs are on Ragnarok so not that big an issue

Seeing as a cluster needs at least 2 maps there's no reason not to use Ragnarok plus one other map included in the base game, that makes all kibble obtainable without needing paid dlc

One other thing it might help with is, is people will now have a reason to farm wyvern eggs even after they've got all the wyverns they need, I've started on loads of servers where nests are full of spoiled eggs, can be a pain when you find a high level and it spoils right away because nobody is farming them, should hopefully put an end to that issue

But what if you don't RUN A CLUSTER......... Damn, you'd be stuck with one map then... Oh, and what if you don't want to run mods as anything that happens isn't supported or reportable as a bug?

C'mon man, you're grasping to actually validate this being 'good' lol... Why all the extra effort? Because it makes it better for some people, AKA the vocal minority...  That minority, really has made the game a damn mess.

Oh, and where were they when the testing needed to be done, as I can tell you this is an untested patch that shouldn't have gone live at all...

1 minute ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

But what if you don't RUN A CLUSTER......... Damn, you'd be stuck with one map then... Oh, and what if you don't want to run mods as anything that happens isn't supported or reportable as a bug?

C'mon man, you're grasping to actually validate this being 'good' lol... Why all the extra effort? Because it makes it better for some people, AKA the vocal minority...  That minority, really has made the game a damn mess.

Oh, and where were they when the testing needed to be done, as I can tell you this is an untested patch that shouldn't have gone live at all...

Arf! ?

Keep crying over it then, all kibble is obtainable on all base game maps whether you're playing SP, official or unofficial, I never said it was good, in fact it's not ideal and needs further balancing but you can't claim there's a paywall in the way, tame some ducks and go feed them, actually beats sitting in your base all day waiting for snakes to drop the occasional egg

As for the patch going live, yeah it shouldn't have and clearly hasn't been tested, that's what people should be kicking off over as well as all the other long term issues

Guest BubbaCrawfish
35 minutes ago, RageQuitter said:

As for the patch going live, yeah it shouldn't have and clearly hasn't been tested, that's what people should be kicking off over as well as all the other long term issues

And that's just the broader issue that should have been learnt over the past year.

After all, they ran a testing branch for what? So people could just build? No-one thought of actually testing anything?

2 hours ago, RageQuitter said:

I really don't agree that you should be forced to run a cluster for it to work decently. I consider kibble a core mechanic and as such there really is no excuse for it not to be viable on any of the official maps in isolation! As it is right now, I wouldn't say it works on The Island at all! I do agree with your last section though - that way I think it's a really good change! I just hope they make the top tier kibble an actual option on The Island exclusive games as well...

1 hour ago, RageQuitter said:

Actually... it was tested. A lot of the things they said on the stream that they know about had been reported. Other than that, I agree: I really don't understand why these known issues were not addressed prior to releasing the beta to everybody. Having a beta branch to iron out bugs was a great idea! So why did they chose not to use it that way? :( 

57 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

After all, they ran a testing branch for what? So people could just build? No-one thought of actually testing anything?

If you actually read the Kibble beta thread you'd see that all of this was reported several times. Just because they didn't listen doesn't mean people haven't already posted about it. I advice you to read that thread before you complain.

Archived