Extraordinary Kibble requirements on The Islands

bsmorgan

Sadly,  its not just hesp eggs. Its hesp golden eggs. Which means u have to take your hesp out and kill a bunch of fish to (hopefully) get it to drop a golden egg.  Probably easier (and quicker) to just transfer to ab and try to grab a bunch of wyvern eggs. Wish they had kept boas in the extraordinary category

33 minutes ago, Xenithar said:

Wow, and kids moaned about how hard it was to get eggs before? Seriously? Now you literally HAVE to buy the expansions to play the first map! I have all of them, but this is BS. This should have been an optional update. Maybe an INI option to use the old, sensible system.

An INI option to use the old system is probably not going to happen but adjustments as to which eggs and which dinos are in which new category should be possible.

I don't think I should be forced to buy the expansions and move from map to map just to advance on the map I'm on.

1 hour ago, ArkRage said:

Maybe this is there way of bringing the community together. I know you shouldn't "have" to, but perhaps trade with other players for that kibble if you don't wanna tame a hes

Taming a hesp isn't a problem, especially if you have one of those littlle thieving bastards aka ichythornis. But, getting the hesp to drop golden eggs, now that's a problem, since you have to take them out and let them kill and eat a certain amount of fish before they MAYBE drop a golden egg. My hesp has given me 1 golden egg, and I think that required about 20-30 minutes of me directing her to kill fish.

2 minutes ago, Xenithar said:

So, who is going to make a mod for the old system?

I believe a mod is next to impossible. Too many "hooks" buried within the dinos (and we won't know if they are exposed until we have a new Dev Kit).

You can, however, use the old system by only taming with the (new) kibble made from the eggs that dino used to prefer ?. I believe there's only a couple of cases where this won't work.

5 hours ago, ArkRage said:

Maybe this is there way of bringing the community together. I know you shouldn't "have" to, but perhaps trade with other players for that kibble if you don't wanna tame a hes

Nice thought, but any server running exclusively The Island, for instance, won't have any kibble to trade... and it really messes up Single Player.

2 hours ago, CryptidHorror said:

Hesperonis need to kill like what? 20-25 fish to lay an egg instead of just passively laying eggs? Its the only extraordinary kibble producer on extinction as well. 

25 ? And even then you're not guaranteed a golden egg, it will lay either a golden egg or a regular one.

according to dododex wyvern eggs work as well also the list that wildcard posted says wyvern is the same category

Produced

• Allosaurus - Superior
  • Ankylosaurus - Regular
  • Archaeopteryx - Simple
  • Argentavis - Superior
  • Baryonyx - Regular
  • Basilisk - Exceptional
  • Brontosaurus - Exceptional
  • Carbonemys - Regular
  • Carnotaur - Regular
  • Compy - Simple
  • Dilophosaur - Basic
  • Dimetrodon - Regular
  • Dimorphodon - Simple
  • Diplodocus - Regular
  • Dodo - Basic
  • Featherlight - Basic
  • Gallimimus - Simple
  • Giganotosaurus - Exceptional
  • Glowtail - Basic
  • Hesperornis - Extraordinary
  • Ichthyornis - Simple
  • Iguanodon - Simple
  • Kairuku - Basic
  • Kaprosuchus - Regular
  • Kentrosaurus - Regular
  • Lystrosaurus - Basic
  • Mantis - Superior
  • Megalania - Superior
  • Megalosaurus - Superior
  • Micro Raptor - Simple
  • Morellatops - Simple
  • Moschops - Superior
  • Oviraptor - Simple
  • Snow Owl - Superior
  • Pachycephalosaurus - Simple
  • Pachyrhinosaurus - Regular
  • Parasaur - Basic
  • Pegomastax - Simple
  • Pelagornis - Regular
  • Pteranodon - Simple
  • Pulmonoscorpius - Regular
  • Quetzalcoatlus - Exceptional
  • Raptor - Simple
  • Rex - Exceptional
  • Rock Drake - Extraordinary
  • Sarcosuchus - Regular
  • Spinosaur - Superior
  • Stegosaurus - Regular
  • Tapejera - Superior
  • Terror Bird - Regular
  • Therizinosaurus - Exceptional
  • Thorny Dragon - Regular
  • Titanboa - Superior
  • Triceratops - Simple
  • Troodon - Regular
  • Velonasaur - Regular
  • Vulture - Basic
  • Wyvern - Extraordinary
  • Yutyrannus - Exceptional

This does appear to be a force to buy other DLC in order to have that Extraordinary Kibble.
My hespers like to take forever to lay that dang golden egg.
And some maps have been very buggy about the wyvern and drake eggs spawning. So even if you have other maps - there is still no promise you'll get the eggs needed for that kibble.
But hey.. now no one needs titanboas, right? *eyes crossing*

25 minutes ago, Starskybunny said:

according to dododex wyvern eggs work as well also the list that wildcard posted says wyvern is the same category

Produced

• Allosaurus - Superior
  • Ankylosaurus - Regular
  • Archaeopteryx - Simple
  • Argentavis - Superior
  • Baryonyx - Regular
  • Basilisk - Exceptional
  • Brontosaurus - Exceptional
  • Carbonemys - Regular
  • Carnotaur - Regular
  • Compy - Simple
  • Dilophosaur - Basic
  • Dimetrodon - Regular
  • Dimorphodon - Simple
  • Diplodocus - Regular
  • Dodo - Basic
  • Featherlight - Basic
  • Gallimimus - Simple
  • Giganotosaurus - Exceptional
  • Glowtail - Basic
  • Hesperornis - Extraordinary
  • Ichthyornis - Simple
  • Iguanodon - Simple
  • Kairuku - Basic
  • Kaprosuchus - Regular
  • Kentrosaurus - Regular
  • Lystrosaurus - Basic
  • Mantis - Superior
  • Megalania - Superior
  • Megalosaurus - Superior
  • Micro Raptor - Simple
  • Morellatops - Simple
  • Moschops - Superior
  • Oviraptor - Simple
  • Snow Owl - Superior
  • Pachycephalosaurus - Simple
  • Pachyrhinosaurus - Regular
  • Parasaur - Basic
  • Pegomastax - Simple
  • Pelagornis - Regular
  • Pteranodon - Simple
  • Pulmonoscorpius - Regular
  • Quetzalcoatlus - Exceptional
  • Raptor - Simple
  • Rex - Exceptional
  • Rock Drake - Extraordinary
  • Sarcosuchus - Regular
  • Spinosaur - Superior
  • Stegosaurus - Regular
  • Tapejera - Superior
  • Terror Bird - Regular
  • Therizinosaurus - Exceptional
  • Thorny Dragon - Regular
  • Titanboa - Superior
  • Triceratops - Simple
  • Troodon - Regular
  • Velonasaur - Regular
  • Vulture - Basic
  • Wyvern - Extraordinary
  • Yutyrannus - Exceptional

Two things:

• OP mentioned "The Island" from the start. Meaning Rock Drake and Wyvern Eggs are out of the question. Sure, you can trade for them, but in the end, its all about gathering them directly instead.
  • Wildcard Devs didn't state the Hesperornis part clearly in the patch note. It has to be a Golden Egg; Regular Egg won't make Extraordinary Kibble.

Not going to disagree with the fact that Extraordinary Kibble is a real pain to get, but I would like to note the island creatures original kibble for reference.

Kilbble for Yuty (Kentro)

1x Kentro Egg

1x Ammonite Bile

1x Golden Egg

Kibble for Megalania (Baryonyx)

1x Baryonyx Egg

1x Savaroot

1x Raw Mutton

Kibble for Thylacoleo (Titanoboa)

1x Titanoboa Egg

1x Longrass

1x Cooked Meat Jerky

In comparison:

The Yuty is a wash, it originally required the Golden Egg, and could be consider easier since you can bypass the need for a water tame to get Ammonite Bile.

Megalania, could be considered to be slightly more difficult now, but getting mutton is not an easy process until you have a breeding pair of Ovis, once that was accomplished it became a non issue.

Thylacoleo, I feel this has become very difficult compared to the original requirements, Titanoboas are not a difficult tame which is probably why they removed them from the extraordinary classification.

My Opinion:

My issue isn't that a Golden Egg is required, my issue is that there is a random factor in if I can get a golden egg. There is a chance you can spend an hour feeding the hesperonis fish and simply get no eggs because the random number generator doesn't like you. And if you are attempting to tame a Yuty at default rates at Level 30 its ~12 kibble, at Level 150 its ~39 kibble, that's a huge time sink.

I feel that Extraordinary Kibble is disproportionate to the other kibble in collection requirements (on the Island) compared to the other types of kibble. My suggestion is to remove the random factor for the Golden Egg, I don't mind the process to get the Golden Egg, but I don't want to waste time, as much as a I like the game, I do have real life to deal with.

4 hours ago, Xenithar said:

They tried to make things simple by only adding a few types of kibble, but instead broke all kinds of crap. Just let those of us who prefer an actual challenge (hello, I run difficulty 10) to use the more complex system which isn't broken on half of the maps!

IMO, the only way to get back to the more complex (old) system is to run the code prior to the latest update. I agree that things are broken, but eventually (being optimistic) WC will fix the current bugs.

If they were to "revert" the Kibble system, the odds of it working like it used to are, IMO, slim to none because it is complex and most likely bugs will be introduced.

My only complaint about the new system is that the eggs for Extraordinary Kibble are too hard to obtain on The Island (and any other maps that don't have Rock Drakes and/or Wyverns). My suggestion for a solution is to move Yutyrannus eggs to the Extraordinary category. Yutyrannus already prefers Extraordinary Kibble. I'd accept that solution for The Island only if map specific changes can be made.

On 3/6/2019 at 1:29 PM, ArkRage said:

I mean, this is a nice thought and I appreciate the attempt at positivity ? However, this won't work on a server or cluster with just The Island and/or The Center maps. In those cases, you're stuck with the Hesperonis and with how hard it is to get golden eggs out of them, I doubt there will be many tribes willing to trade :/ 

3 hours ago, bsmorgan said:

IMO, the only way to get back to the more complex (old) system is to run the code prior to the latest update. I agree that things are broken, but eventually (being optimistic) WC will fix the current bugs.

If they were to "revert" the Kibble system, the odds of it working like it used to are, IMO, slim to none because it is complex and most likely bugs will be introduced.

My only complaint about the new system is that the eggs for Extraordinary Kibble are too hard to obtain on The Island (and any other maps that don't have Rock Drakes and/or Wyverns). My suggestion for a solution is to move Yutyrannus eggs to the Extraordinary category. Yutyrannus already prefers Extraordinary Kibble. I'd accept that solution for The Island only if map specific changes can be made.

Oh right, I should be optimistic. I forgot that they fixed the insane difficulty in feeding otters and hesperornis fish high enough to perfect-tame them (1.5+). I also forgot that they fixed the poor SLI support (blue and orange ovals by fire, shadows randomly only rendering a few feet in front of you, etc), meshing which is NOT fixed by any stretch of the imagination, duping, very poor performance on The Island, some insane way to calculate a fractional number to say something simple like "I want a day to last six hours and two hours of that is night", and many, many more issues. I mean 7 Days has a simple setup for day and night cycles, why do I need to go to a German site to figure out what strange and unintuitive number to put into my configuration to make a day last six hours with two hours of night and four of day? It's stupid!

Sorry, I'm really aggravated with the changes. I did not mean to vent. I want my old giga back since it is now impossible to make it rage and I want the old kibble back, or I will quit due to being unable to tame perfectly on several servers. I pride myself on perfect-taming and I cannot do it with the new system. Golden eggs last thirty minutes, so if I need twenty kibble to tame something, I need twenty golden eggs found before the first one expires. Stupid!

13 hours ago, noodaboy said:

Megalania, thylo and yutties, these are dinos you can live without if you play strictly in the island. 

Im not advocating WC’s move. By now players have multiple bases across different dlcs. Ragnarok is free. 

Maybe trying out other maps isnt that bad. 

I play on a Nitrado server with my son and a mutual friend. We have only rented one server. We have, however, defeated Broodmother Alpha, Megapithecus Alpha, and Dragon Beta but I don't think that would have been possible without our Yutyrannus.

I'm afraid I don't know how to freely move from map to map in this environment. A pointer to step by step instructions would be useful (don't hijack this thread, please).

Archived