new pickup feature working

Anjrew

18 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Changes are definatly retroactive at least on our unoffical. Just spent the last half hour running round ragnarok picking up everything from behomoth gateways to industial forges. 

Is it just hold E and there should be an option?  I'm on my own unofficial and not seeing it.  Other changes seem to be working properly.

9 minutes ago, Anjrew said:

Is it just hold E and there should be an option?  I'm on my own unofficial and not seeing it.  Other changes seem to be working properly.

There should be an option through holding E and selecting 'Pick up'. Is this on single player or unofficial server ? If its on an unofficial server it could be a setting not set right. However if its single player it could be because of the pick up timer. Interestingly I cant see any options for removing the pickup timer so you are unable tp pick up items once the timer has run out on that particular structure.

26 minutes ago, Anjrew said:

It's an unofficial server.  I did change a setting doubling the pickup timer to 60 seconds, you think that could be related?  I don't know why returning that value to 30 would change anything though.  Unless the update took that value away completely but my setting makes it remain.

Isnt that an unrelated setting used for the first iteration of s+? Ill scan patch notes and get back

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

Changes are definatly retroactive at least on our unoffical. Just spent the last half hour running round ragnarok picking up everything from behomoth gateways to industial forges. 

Woohoo thanks! I wish I saved my base demo now.. oh well! 

So I attempted to change the StructurePickupHoldDuration setting from 0.5 to 1 and that had no effect.  Thought it might trigger something on a restart of the server.  I've also completely removed the StructurePickupTimeAfterPlacement line to let it reset itself on a restart, and that had no effect.  I'm truly at a loss for how to get this new feature working on my servers.  I keep attempting to pick up a pre-existing Grill that is empty, and never see any option related to picking up.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

@Anjrew,

I am playing SP with S+ (will be reverting structures due to issues with being unable to snap S+ structures now and the developer no longer fixing bugs) I prefer to not have a pickup timer. I have gotten this to work.

Go into your GameUserSettings.ini
Under [ServerSettings]
Look for "AlwaysAllowStructurePickup"
Default setting is = False change it to True

In game you can then hold E on a structure and the pickup option should be on the wheel.

The StructurePickupHoldDuration is a setting that will require you to hold your mouse over the pickup option before being able to actually pick it up (I think...)

The StructurePickupTimeAfterPlacement is a setting that will start a count down once an object is newly placed. During this count down hold E on the structure and the pickup option should be on the wheel. 

This is all my understanding of the process and I hope it helps some. 

19 hours ago, Drursion said:

@Anjrew,

I am playing SP with S+ (will be reverting structures due to issues with being unable to snap S+ structures now and the developer no longer fixing bugs) I prefer to not have a pickup timer. I have gotten this to work.

Go into your GameUserSettings.ini
Under [ServerSettings]
Look for "AlwaysAllowStructurePickup"
Default setting is = False change it to True

In game you can then hold E on a structure and the pickup option should be on the wheel.

The StructurePickupHoldDuration is a setting that will require you to hold your mouse over the pickup option before being able to actually pick it up (I think...)

The StructurePickupTimeAfterPlacement is a setting that will start a count down once an object is newly placed. During this count down hold E on the structure and the pickup option should be on the wheel. 

This is all my understanding of the process and I hope it helps some. 

Well, the AlwaysAllowStructurePickup definitely lets us pick up things, problem is it's not like official where you can only pick up certain things like industrial forge, grill, etc...  This setting is giving the option to pick up ANYTHING, including ramps, foundations, etc..  That's all fine and dandy but I generally try to keep my server as close to official rules as possible. So I would still like a solution if anybody gets one.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Anjrew said:

Well, the AlwaysAllowStructurePickup definitely lets us pick up things, problem is it's not like official where you can only pick up certain things like industrial forge, grill, etc...  This setting is giving the option to pick up ANYTHING, including ramps, foundations, etc..  That's all fine and dandy but I generally try to keep my server as close to official rules as possible. So I would still like a solution if anybody gets one.

Thanks.

Am I right to assume this is pc?

i searches ini file on PS4 nitrado but couldn’t find that line?

Archived