Jump to content

Xenithar

Game freezing issues

Recommended Posts

Freezing on ragnorok prim plus is awful can't move at all without having 30 second freezes the updates always mess up stuff they haven't even fixed the broken stuff from the valentines update we can't make steel or brick or glass cause the forges are broke only thing they accept is iron.  FIX WHAT'S BROKEN INSTEAD OF ADDING MORE BROKEN CRAP TO THE GAME

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Saupe said:

I'm 90% sure this is to do with the -change block type- on foundations. Any of my tribes bases on foundations are screwed, but the ones built on pillars only have the tp/bed freeze, not the massive screen freeze when walking around

 

My base is on foundations and I switched to block and don't seem to have an issue.

There seems to be a memory leak or something going on when rendering.

I am fine near my base since I am the only one in the area.

When I start flying around near where others have built I start freezing like crazy.

Edited by Sikaflex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sikaflex said:

My base is on foundations and I switched to block and don't seem to have an issue.

There seems to be a memory leak or something going on when rendering.

I have a base with a good few thousand foundations, they can raptor off if they think I'm going to change all the foundations because of something orionsun said would cause issues if he did it on the s+ mod 2 years ago.

Edited by Saupe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so the issue here is that after the most recent patch and introduction of the s+ mod as an official game mechanic and the kibble rework. people are complaining about freezing up lag and  CTD's now while this is really annoying these people should take a second and realize that this is a brand new system that they just incorporated that has barely been out for 24 hours so of course there are going to be a few issues and of course there are going to be be bugs. its impossible for anyone to put something out for the first time without it having one issue or another, so simmer your jets and give it a bit. and as much as it sucks to have to say, no this may not be patched anytime soon given the devs history on fixing problems. but thats just a personal opinion so if you disagree let me know why. i am curious after all.

  • Facepalm 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, AcyanidePancake said:

its impossible for anyone to put something out for the first time without it having one issue or another

The thing is that's not just a little bug. It's unbelievable that they didn't notice it when testing. Since the bug is even in single player, I can't see any good reason about that.

Edited by Stefan0
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is not a small bug... being unable to harvest trikes after the last patch was a "cute little bug"....  this freezing/locking up issue renders the game entirely unplayable.  If they don't fix it, i can no longer play!!  It is that simple.  Shame on their testing team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

single player and same for me...  i can't get far outside my base before it locks up...  mine just freezes the machine entirely, never comes back, reboot time.   I've got literally hundreds of hours in this game and now i can't play at all :(   I registered on this site just so they'd know it's affecting everyone!  It'd be nice to hear from one of the developers or support personnel acknowledging the problem and letting us know how to roll back the patch or when we can expect to be able to play the game again!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most people on our cluster are complaining they can not even play the game it freezes or crashes so much since the patch. I'm on the Windows store PC version of Xbox Ark and even I get froze just moving and sometimes I get disconnected. So I can imagine how bad it is for the Xbox console players .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AcyanidePancake said:

so the issue here is that after the most recent patch and introduction of the s+ mod as an official game mechanic and the kibble rework. people are complaining about freezing up lag and  CTD's now while this is really annoying these people should take a second and realize that this is a brand new system that they just incorporated that has barely been out for 24 hours so of course there are going to be a few issues and of course there are going to be be bugs. its impossible for anyone to put something out for the first time without it having one issue or another, so simmer your jets and give it a bit. and as much as it sucks to have to say, no this may not be patched anytime soon given the devs history on fixing problems. but thats just a personal opinion so if you disagree let me know why. i am curious after all.

It has made the game unplayable for some of us. This is the issue. Its not a minor oversight. I myself, work in software engineering and this is something we have tests for. A full regression test plan would have caught it. Especially if its happening on SP and official servers. 

I can get over a bug or multiple but I paid for a game that they have made unplayable. People can convey their complete lack of confidence for that reason alone.  If you pay for wifi same deal .... it doesnt work you nag until it does or spend your money elsewhere for a more reliable service. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must be lucky. I played for quite a while tonight in both SP and on our unofficial server and I didn't freeze up or crash once. Noticed no issues at all. Played on Extinction and Ragnarok. Xbox One X. I wonder why some people can't play at all while others ( like me ) are not affected. The only issue for me is that it seems as if all textures looks worse now after the patch then they did before. Overall the game just looks worse to me now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...