Game freezing issues

Xenithar

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah not related, funny enough got in 10 minuets ago and check if i even had said update. I dont and im stil freezeing like a champion. May be related somehow but dont seem to be for me ^^

Btw link only returns a blank page but heres a similar post about the same https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/windows-10-kb4482887-cumulative-update-causing-major-stuttering-in-games/

So I don't know how much more of this I can take. Too much lag guys, the only solution to me is to either stop playing, "deal with it" or maybe, just maybe, there can be a fund for NEW SERVERS. I don't know how much it costs to run a single official server but iam willing to bet if the majority of all ark players got together to help their own game experience out by via a kickstarter for better hardware/software, whatever.... its such a shame that such a great game stumbles over something that can easily be fixed (to me) by buying better equipment. There was only 2 people on the official server I play on last night, and it was still terrible. IN CONCLUSION: I really would help with funds for a better experience. I hope something can be done to bring the initial joy back to the players.

24 minutes ago, DarkThulCharles said:

So I don't know how much more of this I can take. Too much lag guys, the only solution to me is to either stop playing, "deal with it" or maybe, just maybe, there can be a fund for NEW SERVERS. I don't know how much it costs to run a single official server but iam willing to bet if the majority of all ark players got together to help their own game experience out by via a kickstarter for better hardware/software, whatever.... its such a shame that such a great game stumbles over something that can easily be fixed (to me) by buying better equipment. There was only 2 people on the official server I play on last night, and it was still terrible. IN CONCLUSION: I really would help with funds for a better experience. I hope something can be done to bring the initial joy back to the players.

The lag problem caused by the new Homestead update has nothing to do with hardware and everything to do with the software. It wouldn't matter what hardware it was running on. 

My Girlfriends PC seems to be unaffected by the update. I am still unable to play without crashing.

My PC - Ryzen 1400  with a GTX 1060 GB OS- Arch Linux Dual Boot With Windows 10 Pro- Starts lagging after moving around a bit then eventually crashes after a few minutes in both OS's

GF PC - i7 860 with a GTX 1060 GB OS-Windows 10 Pro - seems completely fine.

7 hours ago, HoboNation said:

There is already a thread concerning this very issue with over 7 pages worth of replies, from players saying they are also experiencing this. I would suggest doing a quick forum scan or search for similar topics before just creating a new one. You could have easily answered your own question by simply looking at the first page of forum threads and seeing "Game freezing issues"....   So yes a lot of people are experiencing this it has been an on going issue for a few days now.

I couldnt see anything on it. Hence why starting a general discussion. Not everyone that uses forums is "forum savy"

Its lagging very bad I can not play or even feed my base. I dc so much I just hung it up. I lost a Wynn from the 7x times dc yeaster and I can not look for it because of the worse lag I have ever had in this game and I played it when it was beta. My primative server 94 better then the new ones .Funny but not reaily. Anyone want to do Offical without this nasty  lag go to primative 94. No joke. It may not be gel but you can play Offical and not dc one million times

As stated originally, it was the patch. Even basic second-grade deduction would have told that story. Game works. Game gets patched. Game does not work. That normally does not mean go changing your computer around. The issue was the patch.

Also, servers do not determine your framerate. Your computer hardware does. Servers run at a fixed 30fps. Clients, assuming v-sync is on, run as fast as possible, up to their monitor's refresh rate, normally something like 60Hz, 75Hz, 144Hz, etc. With v-sync off you send half-finished frames and get told that your 60Hz monitor is pushing 400fps. Either way, the server does NOT determine your framerate.

My player logged out on top of a mountain and when I logged back in I fell thru the mountain, took damage, and was walking under the mountain inside the mountain's mesh.  Map TheIsland.  Idk if this is "normal" glitch or update related?  Note that I have logged out on this mountain before and not fallen thru it in the past but I was on a different server.  First time visiting this server but same mountain.

Archived