Game freezing issues

Xenithar

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, SpinoLady said:

I did the same with fixing the NIVIDIA driver yesterday. No Chang, I ask the NIVIDIA Support - they gave me another driver witch should be better.

I deinstalled the old/newest driver, installed the preferd driver and.... NOTHING!!! No change, same Problems like before.

The Problem isnt the NIVIDIA driver!!!???

Currently unrecognized (and therefore unsupported) bugs do not ratify the manufactures position of the studios (nor epic games) product. #debug!

This problem is not nVidia or any driver. The game worked FINE for all of us until 293.100, which clearly indicates 293.100 is the issue. Not only that, but many of us still use Windows 7, like me. I do not get driver updates since that is more of a Windows 8 and 10 thing. Still running the driver I had before. This is simply a bad patch!

27 minutes ago, ravenispurrty said:

https://www.techspot.com/downloads/drivers/essentials/nvidia-geforce/
https://www.techpowerup.com/download/nvidia-geforce-graphics-drivers/

Likely so; this could mean one thing. A player-patch ought to exist within the startup parameters, NVIDIA control panel, or in the game's video settings. I have to confirm a few-things but it seems like we maybe experiencing a VRAM leak. Fine-tunning could 'theorietically' address some of this until the developers respond. (Notice; ARK: SURVIVAL EVOLVED and NVIDIA had the same update times by the creation of the thread and the dates on those blog-sites.)

Bad Collision?

This is not Nvidia VRAM leak related issue. Mainly for 2 reasons:

- Im using a 1070 and Im monitoring VRAM while playing. The memory remains stable with about 70% free and does not increase when the freezings start.

- Users with AMD have also reported the freezings. 

1 minute ago, arkark said:

This is not Nvidia VRAM leak related issue. Mainly for 2 reasons:

- Im using a 1070 and Im monitoring VRAM while playing. The memory remains stable with about 70% free and does not increase when the freezings start.

- Users with AMD have also reported the freezings. 

Dang... was worth a shot getting devs who can fix their poo to fix this poo.

3 minutes ago, Wikinger said:

Same Problem with an older driver from august 2018 - geforce 1080

I had to choose this old driver because i get random bluescreens with the actuall drivers - allready befor the last Ark update.

This is related to a change in Windows 10. Microsoft is changing 10, and only 10, in ways which are supposed to make it more secure, but it has broken a LOT of things. The April update is already causing BSODs on computers which have BattlEye and EasyAntiCheat installed, even when not gaming. The whole Windows 10 BSOD thing is on MS and they have even confirmed it now.

Just now, Xenithar said:

This is related to a change in Windows 10. Microsoft is changing 10, and only 10, in ways which are supposed to make it more secure, but it has broken a LOT of things. The April update is already causing BSODs on computers which have BattlEye and EasyAntiCheat installed, even when not gaming. The whole Windows 10 BSOD thing is on MS and they have even confirmed it now.

No, my problem is defenetly the nvidia driver .. maybe in combination with windows 10 - but only ark was affected.
With the older NVidia driver no problem with bluescreen or any other side-effects - until patch 293.100

4 minutes ago, Xenithar said:

Whether it be windows, nvidia, or who-ever; there is a point that we can call 'update collision'. If you've got windows 10- check your update history. 

A roll back might achieve absolutely nothing.

Just now, Xenithar said:

This problem is not nVidia or any driver. The game worked FINE for all of us until 293.100, which clearly indicates 293.100 is the issue. Not only that, but many of us still use Windows 7, like me. I do not get driver updates since that is more of a Windows 8 and 10 thing. Still running the driver I had before. This is simply a bad patch!

Not completely true. In the previous patch (valentines event) I reported since minute 1 of patch release my computer started lagging really bad with a major random FPS drop (and random FPS recover) while in base at extinction. It was not completely stall but drops from 60fps to 10fps. I identified CPU having large C2 states, that can also be seen in a bigger degree with the freezings of 293.100.

2 minutes ago, arkark said:

Not completely true. In the previous patch (valentines event) I reported since minute 1 of patch release my computer started lagging really bad with a major random FPS drop (and random FPS recover) while in base at extinction. It was not completely stall but drops from 60fps to 10fps. I identified CPU having large C2 states, that can also be seen in a bigger degree with the freezings of 293.100.

Might go check out a server that is not secured by battlemetrics later; just to see how that server fares. 

6 minutes ago, ravenispurrty said:

Whether it be windows, nvidia, or who-ever; there is a point that we can call 'update collision'. If you've got windows 10- check your update history. 

A roll back might achieve absolutely nothing.

What i am referring to is no "collision". Such a thing does not exist. Microsoft changed a lot of core code last year and had MANY problems from it. One of them was breaking RTX drivers on 10 and only 10. I work with Microsoft in my daily job and can tell you that the BSOD RTX users get is directly tied to changes in Windows 10. However, as of 293.100, XBox and PS4 players have the same issue being discussed here. There is no way in hell this is a MS and Sony issue across five platforms. PS4, PS4 Pro, XBox One, XBox One Pro, and PC. Oh, and it happens under Linux also. So we can further say it is a Windows and Linux issue on top of the four consoles!

After this patch March 6,2019 all Maps on all servers are experiencing
5 to 15 second freeze up when approaching rendering distance of charters bases!
Looks like your going to DC.  Sometime you do! Basic movement out in
wild happens for the being of the logon stage and continues threw
game play.  Desperately need this fixed A.S.A.P. Can't play game if you can't
move around in world!!!

27 minutes ago, Xenithar said:

What i am referring to is no "collision". Such a thing does not exist. Microsoft changed a lot of core code last year and had MANY problems from it. One of them was breaking RTX drivers on 10 and only 10. I work with Microsoft in my daily job and can tell you that the BSOD RTX users get is directly tied to changes in Windows 10. However, as of 293.100, XBox and PS4 players have the same issue being discussed here. There is no way in hell this is a MS and Sony issue across five platforms. PS4, PS4 Pro, XBox One, XBox One Pro, and PC. Oh, and it happens under Linux also. So we can further say it is a Windows and Linux issue on top of the four consoles!

I can believe the 'collision' not exist. I cannot believe that it is not an update issue completely irrelevant to the manufactures. cooperation is behind this end-product (ultimately).

To say that this is platform independent would be extreme right? just as all the participants that go behind the open source UE4-project? I agree with you. when was the last time the devs looked under the hood? when did you last get to put your professional opinion in this game?

Cannot pretend that there aren't standards here; because where there are standards, there is also a synapse. We're looking for the 'bad' synapse so that we can parameter passed it or tweak around it until that broken synapse gets fixed.

It's already been too long, if they were going to rollback they would have done it already.

Problem with rollback is most likely people have already started using S+ structures, new kibble etc.

If they rollback now it could possibly cause even more issues.

They're best route right now is to resolve the issue and move forward.

They should have found this before releasing considering it's happening in the local single player mode also.

Just wait it out, they are good at what they do, this game is seriously awesome, that's why most of you are biting at the bit to get back in.

4 minutes ago, Sikaflex said:

It's already been too long, if they were going to rollback they would have done it already.

Problem with rollback is most likely people have already started using S+ structures, new kibble etc.

If they rollback now it could possibly cause even more issues.

They're best route right now is to resolve the issue and move forward.

They should have found this before releasing considering it's happening in the local single player mode also.

Just wait it out, they are good at what they do, this game is seriously awesome, that's why most of you are biting at the bit to get back in.

Your right' was never out to discredit as opposed to finding points where poking and prodding (as an end user) might be semi-effective. one fight; one team. thank you guys for delivering this product to me.

Archived