Game freezing issues

Xenithar

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is already a thread concerning this very issue with over 7 pages worth of replies, from players saying they are also experiencing this. I would suggest doing a quick forum scan or search for similar topics before just creating a new one. You could have easily answered your own question by simply looking at the first page of forum threads and seeing "Game freezing issues"....   So yes a lot of people are experiencing this it has been an on going issue for a few days now.

On 3/5/2019 at 1:42 PM, Xenithar said:

My town is fairly large, houses six total buildings (two huge, four average), and has a perimeter wall four walls high surrounding it. Starting today, with the release of 293.100, whenever that many structures (walls, windows, doors, dinos, etc) begin going out of render as I fly or walk away, I get a complete freeze for one to two seconds, then I can move a second, then it repeats, until the town is out of view. Prior to todays patch this did NOT happen. I have an i7-6950X, 32GB DDR4-3200 Corsair RAM, dual GTX 1070's in SLI with the high-bandwidth bridge, an ASRock X99 Extreme 4 board, and three disks, two of which are in RAID0 for the game. I have a 1TB WD Blue for the OS (Win 7 Pro 64bit) on an AHCI controller along with my dual-layer Blu-Ray burner. I then have two 1TB WD Black drives (single platter, not multi-platter) in RAID0 on the RAID controller. I can normally be in a game server within thirty seconds of starting Ark, mods included. Again, zero stutters or freezes prior to this patch. Oh, and I have a Dell S2417DG monitor, which uses G-Sync. It is a 2K monitor at 144Hz and while I do not push 144fps in Ark, I bounce between 35fps and 70fps. I have NEVER frozen in Ark prior to this patch.

I am putting this out there for others to see. I already filed a bug report and urge anybody else with the issue to do the same. Oh, and this ONLY happens when flying away from any large settlement. There are multiple large settlements on my servers and it only happens when leaving them and they go out of render.

On 3/5/2019 at 5:00 PM, Swordguy said:

Its definitely something with this latest patch and Nvidia. I'm getting the freezing with both 1080ti and 2080 on two different rigs. I'll update if I find any graphic settings to be the problem, so far no luck.

https://www.techspot.com/downloads/drivers/essentials/nvidia-geforce/
https://www.techpowerup.com/download/nvidia-geforce-graphics-drivers/

Likely so; this could mean one thing. A player-patch ought to exist within the startup parameters, NVIDIA control panel, or in the game's video settings. I have to confirm a few-things but it seems like we maybe experiencing a VRAM leak. Fine-tunning could 'theorietically' address some of this until the developers respond. (Notice; ARK: SURVIVAL EVOLVED and NVIDIA had the same update times by the creation of the thread and the dates on those blog-sites.)

Bad Collision?

23 minutes ago, SpinoLady said:

I got the same Problem, Can not play at all on official Servers.

Rollback sounds good for me...

And if it is a NVIDIA problem; how should we react if we find that the studio had reverted good work on the part of drivers for graphics cards failing? 

NOTE: I found that Windows Update (Windows 10) did not automatically install the NVIDIA update on MARCH 5th. I just installed it. I am seeing if that addresses the problem. Will respond with feedback.

FEEDBACK: No change in the in-game experience with arks render-and de-render lag. 

DEVs good job, after new update, ark game gets frozen all the time. Multiple intermittent and interminable LAGs .:steamfacepalm: :steamfacepalm: :steamfacepalm: >:(>:(>:(

S+ Unsnappable / Game Freezing - What we know...
Here's what we know so far. As of 12 hours ago Lead Developer Chris said. 

Alright, here in these forums and on the Steam forums is not the only place to find answers. Below i'll leave a link to the best way to find up to date information on the crap that is 293.100 patch.

They have a potential fix for the S+ snapping issue that they are testing. As of 10 hours ago they said they were working on the Freezing Fix. 

None have been confirmed as "working" but i can assume they figured out S+ and are now working to fix the freezing or "stalling" issue. Anyways here's the link to the Dev Tracker for Ark. Hope this helps.

https://arkdevtracker.com/

What can we do? Relax and wait for corrections. Let's be Patients.

Archived