Game freezing issues

Xenithar

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the most enlightening aspect of this whole situation, from the perspective of a relatively newish player, is the lack of any official response from Wild Card on here. Maybe they are mor informative on their twitter, but I find it really alarming that they then neglect to update players on their own forums.... ?‍♂️

Playing on Extinction: Just adding myself to this list. Take 2 or 3 steps into the wasteland... freezes for 3-5 seconds. Take a couple more steps.. freezes again. Turn around and run back.. does not freeze until I enter a new section that hasn't previously rendered. I first noticed it on a gasbags... I didn't think I was ever going to land. Each time it unfroze, I was a significant distance away and still flying. Interesting glitch. I suppose, if not careful, you might fly off the map.

Oh, and it's not just about bases. Out in the Wasteland, where there are no bases, it still happens.

Not playable.

Yes, I am getting this too, my base on The Island is out in the snow with no one around and thankfully it's okay for me, but as soon as I get into an area where other people have buildings and tames everything goes haywire. This happens on Rag server too. You devs should compensate us for lost tames because of this freeze, I lost a high level ptera trying to whistle for Wyvern after freezing/dying to a gator in the swamp. Was this issue not discovered while it was in Beta? Or did you have a dev do a last minute change or something that wasn't tested?

I use a 2070 RTX

Also, as far as the update is concerned S+ is awesome, HOWEVER....

With S+ I took the mindwipe relearned engrams, and wanted the new metal stairs and such.

It then created a NEW FOLDER called METAL instead of putting these items in STRUCTURES->METAL like everything else.

I then realized you CANNOT craft these new S+ items via an ARGENTAVIS, YOU NEED A SMITHY!

Again, how was this not noticed in the beta version?

Day 2 of not being able to play and no word from the devs. I thought I read somewhere they were going to start being more responsive to issues? At least let us know you are aware of the problem. I checked https://arkdevtracker.com/ and not a single tweet or reply to anyone saying the devs were aware and working on it. Nadda. Zilch.

3 hours ago, HoboNation said:

I think the most enlightening aspect of this whole situation, from the perspective of a relatively newish player, is the lack of any official response from Wild Card on here. Maybe they are mor informative on their twitter, but I find it really alarming that they then neglect to update players on their own forums.... ?‍♂️

No, everyone is ignored equally. You can check the dev tracker https://arkdevtracker.com/

And welcome to Ark ? Get used to this. Every few months one of the community people will pop in and say how they are aware of the lack of communication and they promise to work harder at it. Do not expect it to happen. As long as you know how they are, it helps. I have been here for years and just shrug my shoulders, sigh and find something else to do until it is fixed.

Archived