Game freezing issues

Xenithar

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my friends that plays & works on computers systems - open a few of his testing/monitoring/diagnostic programs and found that since the update the game is causing severe memory leaks.
Simply put: 
He said the programming is not dumping the data of where you were so when you try to go to a new place (or change the scenery by going away from the base) it can't load the new view/place you are looking at, as it's tied up all your RAM holding onto the data of the place you were just at. SO once it dumps the data and frees up your RAM - you are able to move again.

This old post from 2015 has been helpful with the issue for several. It's just sad everything looks almost like play-doh with these settings.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/535152276592498094/

Cool.

I was able to fix the D/C issue involving the super freeze by increasing the timeout to 15 seconds. Check out this code :

-InitialConnectTimeout=15000.0-ConnectionTimeout=15000.0-P2PConnectionTimeout=15000

I don't think this below does anything tho, and I did ask about it but got no answers :

-PollingIntervalInMs=30-AutomaticServerTimeout=15000.000000

This is in the server arguments.

I think the problem with the D/C issue is that the freezing is causing a delay in packets, and when the packets come in old, the timeout code is reached resulting in the logical coded response, to disconnect the player; even though the player is actually still playing and moving around. So you can be riding out the freeze, then resume playing, and then get disconnected because the timeout response was induced. By increasing the timeout to 15 seconds, you don't get that disconnect problem. Very interesting.\

So if you are hosting, I would recommend boosting your timeout.

We live in blue, at the bottom of a waterfall, on Aberration [NA]
You can't head towards or get near the waterfall without locking up every 5 or 6 seconds - IF that long between freezes.
Died and nearly lost my dinos because of this junk. Barely got my body stuff and dinos back with help from a tribe member that was struggling just as badly, of not worse, than I was.

I can also confirm this freezing issue as of  3-6-19. At 0429 est US time, server 455/42 prim cluster. It seems that the more you travel from your spawn/load point the the worse the freeze I assume somewhere it is not dumping information gathered from area to area causing all your RAM to be in use by the time you walk 50 yards 

4 minutes ago, CyberHunter said:

Ok

World Tile Buffers - Hi

View Distance - Hi

Help to make freezing less (not immediately after a few minutes)

I had this two options as high, epic and being suffering the stalls all the time.

Just to clarify, in case there is a memory leaking it is server side. My client memory after loading remains stable, I dont see any noticeable memory comsuption as the stalls begin plus this happend with a lot of free ram available.

Also, I believe this locking is caused by client threads or some kind of waitlock in cpu context that makes clients freeze at processing.

4 minutes ago, arkark said:

I had this two options as high, epic and being suffering the stalls all the time.

Just to clarify, in case there is a memory leaking it is server side. My client memory after loading remains stable, I dont see any noticeable memory comsuption as the stalls begin plus this happend with a lot of free ram available.

Also, I believe this locking is caused by client threads or some kind of waitlock in cpu context that makes clients freeze at processing.

My settings was epic and i low them to hi and that help me on island and no freez for me on SE

(after changing the settings you need to wait some time)

NA Ragnarok 408 PVE

Freezing problems,
I can not walk for many yards without locking

I lost 1 Argentavis, 1 Ptero and 1 Rex
and for me and my friends, who are new to the server, it's a giant loss,
since we only had these copies.

Now the few remaining dinos are not being fed, because I can not leave my base to hunt food to feed them.

I want to be reimbursed in some way,  it's horrible what's happening.

NA Ragnarok 408 PVE

Freezing problems,
I can not walk for many yards without locking

I lost 1 Argentavis, 1 Ptero and 1 Rex
and for me and my friends, who are new to the server, it's a giant loss,
since we only had these copies.

Now the few remaining dinos are not being fed, because I can not leave my base to hunt food to feed them.

I want to be reimbursed in some way,  it's horrible what's happening.

Archived