Game freezing issues

Xenithar

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, shandi said:

same issue here. inside my base i have normal fps but as soon as i fly or walk 20 meters in any direction game continuesly freezes and it gets worse the further you are it feels

game have deep problems with rendering stuff, try lower view distance, ground clutter, etc.. I forgot to test,.. had enough trying half of hour to move around my base for 40 stacks of meat when I went out with giga lol.. on theri was ok.. so size of dino maybe also some factor.. bigger dino bigger render? idk..

I hate saying this because it's a low blow, but I believe Studio Wildcard should strongly consider hiring a consultant or expert to audit their development process, and figure out why these large content updates are getting packaged together with game breaking engine tweaks. And no, the game freezing and crashing constantly is not because of structures+, as that mod has run just fine for a long time on unofficial servers. The problem is in how the game data is being streamed and buffered to the GPU Memory, because "someone" decided to work on and implement some completely untested under-the-hood optimizations. I'm fairly certain that's what happened here.

I could say some more things but it probably all falls on deaf ears with Wildcard.

I can't travel across the map near any bases without super lag freezes. Some freezes are over 10 seconds a pop. The game is broken at this point...

Worse is the fact that a wild dino started banging on me while I was in mega freeze, and the dino managed to bump me across the map and I ended up in the ocean. This is crazy...

After today's Homestead patch, I had the game freeze up on me after about 30-45 minutes of gameplay. I haven't had a lockup in months of gameplay before this. I had just been flying around on an Argent in the arctic on the Island, when it froze. It was stuck like this for maybe a minute or so, then, just as I was about to do the three-finger-salute, I got "Disconnected from server" message and dumped back to the main menu. So I logged back in, and it told me I had died (but not from what).

So I respawned at my nearest base (which was only a stone's throw from where I was), and went to fly back and recover my argent. I found it, and my corpse, some distance (several hundred feet) from where I had been when the game had locked up. My argent was patiently hovering, but my corpse was stuck in mid-air, and grotesquely distorted. I couldn't harvest or otherwise interact with it at all with the Argent. I built a small wooden tower so I could reach the corpse, but then the game wouldn't let me access its inventory (neither "E" nor "F" worked). I tried using an axe to "harvest" the corpse, hoping it would drop a loot bag, but even the harvesting wouldn't work. Eventually, the decay timer ran out and the corpse vanished.

I wouldn't be so upset about all this (ARK is death, after all), except I had lost my prized Mastercraft sword and several Journeyman-level tools, among other things.

Bugs suck.

Archived