Tek Dedicated Storage Engram Unlock

Zilchary

21 minutes ago, omgdawn said:

You don't already do the boss fights to collect Ele for Generators? It makes perfect sense. Why would they give you free engrams?

Can run tek gens from dust collection  bosses didn't need to be done again once all engrams were unlocked now we need a base on the island to do bosses again ...like myself haven't done bosses in few yrs  now I need to do island bosses again zzz 

i've messed around with dedicated storage on solo play and it seems bugged to me. when you place it down it has one slot for the item that you want in it then it lets you put more in but rather then showing the rest of the stacks it shows a single slot that say +16 stacks (if you had 16 stacks in it) and when you click that +16 stacks it crashs your client.

15 minutes ago, mizzz said:

Personally i think its REALLY stupid not to make them retroactive, i have ALL the unlocks and now i have to go back through just to get some stupid new ones really people? very disappointed in this patch.

But hey, it's something new to do in ARK. It's something ya don't have, make it a goal, go get it, got it.

I would test it myself, however I am at work and I am antsy and curious if anyone else has 100% confirmed it on Official.

It says in the update that you get the Dedicated storage from the Beta Dragon on the island. However, a friend of mine did the Ragnarok fight on SINGLE PLAYER and it unlocked the dedicated storage for him.

I'm unsure if single player and official will be the same in this regard, so I gotta ask...

Has anybody done Alpha Drag on Rag yet to confirm if it does or does not drop the dedicated storage on Official servers? (PS4 to be even more specific, but I doubt that matters)

This doesn't make sense.   If you previously did Alpha dragon boss, why wouldn't the new items be unlocked?   There should be a check to see if it was done, not make everyone do all the bosses again.   I hope this is changed ASAP.   As a single player it took a lot of organization for me to schedule and join a group of people to get alpha dragon done the first time on Ragnorok.   Apparently doing Dragon on island only unlocks it?  Very strange.

If you've done the bosses before, this stuff should already be unlocked IMO.

This doesn't make sense to me.  

As a solo player it took quite awhile for me to organize an alpha manticore/dragon run to unlock the engrams with my busy schedule.   Now we are required to do the bosses over again to get a couple more items?   

If you previously did the alpha bosses, the items should already be unlocked IMO.

I think it's a little more complicated than people wanting stuff for free. The reality is that some will have to beat bosses twice for the same rewards that others will only have to beat them once for. No, it's not the end of the world. I already plan on doing many more boss runs anyway because I think they're lots of fun. But I can appreciate others being salty about WC making that decision for them.

1 hour ago, flamron said:

Island dragon is buffed now and is insanely hard to beat. Cakes seem to be nerfed to about 10% of their healing too. So 5x damage reduction on dragon and crap healing on therizinos means no dedicated storage. 

We unlocked dedi storage on official doing the beta dragon, with deer, shotgun and rexes and it was pretty easy to beat.

Someone post a reference about therizinos not healing what they should (25k hp therizinos should be healing for 2,5k, thats 10% and its correct) and about the damage reduction.

Archived