Tek Dedicated Storage Engram Unlock

Zilchary

3 hours ago, Cyclops said:

This doesn't make sense.   If you previously did Alpha dragon boss, why wouldn't the new items be unlocked?   There should be a check to see if it was done, not make everyone do all the bosses again.   I hope this is changed ASAP.   As a single player it took a lot of organization for me to schedule and join a group of people to get alpha dragon done the first time on Ragnorok.   Apparently doing Dragon on island only unlocks it?  Very strange.

If you've done the bosses before, this stuff should already be unlocked IMO.

EXACTLY what I think. I think it's ridiculous to have to go back and do it again. On top of having to do it again people are reporting that alpha dragon has been ridiculously buffed without any notice. At least keep it the same lol. 

6 hours ago, Demerus said:

its been like that since legacy.

Most of the new added content is not retroactive.

I could really understand if this stuff was unveiled in the Legacy time period, but in terms of now, its a little crazy that new engrams are added to old content, and they aren't added to the list of learned engrams of people who have defeated the bosses.  It wouldn't be very tough:  If someone's survivor quotient shows they have beaten the necessary boss, they have the engram unlocked.  I know you didn't say it isn't possible, or that it would be difficult to implement, but just adding a thought.  Also:  Since 1.0 ARK, "new added content" is added to new expansions with new bosses, new tames, and totally new challenges, so you are right, it wouldn't be retroactively available (not comparing to additions during Legacy, which was in Early Access).

I just feel like we as a community of survivors need to expect a bit more out of WildCard.  They've put this complicated-ass game together, and make bone-head mistakes and not-so-great judgment calls, and we keep giving them passes.  They can at least tighten up some of these things that seem to be "bad" calls, or just ploys at more longevity.

1 hour ago, doverbeach said:

I think it's a little more complicated than people wanting stuff for free. The reality is that some will have to beat bosses twice for the same rewards that others will only have to beat them once for. No, it's not the end of the world. I already plan on doing many more boss runs anyway because I think they're lots of fun. But I can appreciate others being salty about WC making that decision for them.

That's kinda how I feel about it too, @doverbeach.  It's not going to end ARK, its just a bummer that they just unilaterally decided for us that, "Naah.  They are running the bosses again, that's it."

7 hours ago, omgdawn said:

You don't already do the boss fights to collect Ele for Generators? It makes perfect sense. Why would they give you free engrams?

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Element_Node_(Extinction) - 10k nodes don't give much but are easssssy to get through.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Aberration#The_Underground_Map - RE: New Features section.

You don't need to do bosses to run your Tek Generators with straight Element on 2 maps, or on any map if you bring dust (or a dust Gacha) over from Extinction.

im fine with redoing bosses . yh not ideal but fair enough wc. but why the hell put the unlocks behind  island bosses when im not on the island anymore . im on centre and rag . why? because your community developed better mod maps than your boring island . I spent 1.5 yrs on island and unlocked appropriate endgrams . then moved . seriously . why the hell cant the centre / rag bosses perform the same task. hell . you deleted my drake tek saddle so I gotta do that boss again even though my implant says alpha Rockwell . get your head back in the game and out of your bottoms lol . I seriously thought that with the main crew moving over to fail atlas that this team was stepping up and I had hope for a better future , shame really

1 hour ago, brownievec said:

im fine with redoing bosses . yh not ideal but fair enough wc. but why the hell put the unlocks behind  island bosses when im not on the island anymore . im on centre and rag . why? because your community developed better mod maps than your boring island . I spent 1.5 yrs on island and unlocked appropriate endgrams . then moved . seriously . why the hell cant the centre / rag bosses perform the same task. hell . you deleted my drake tek saddle so I gotta do that boss again even though my implant says alpha Rockwell . get your head back in the game and out of your bottoms lol . I seriously thought that with the main crew moving over to fail atlas that this team was stepping up and I had hope for a better future , shame really

You can do beta ragnarok and you will get these am i right ? Island Dragon and Ragna Dragon are the same ?

55 minutes ago, brownievec said:

you would think so but no . as others have said in post . rag boss doesn't unlock. only island bosses. dumb idea

what the hell..

so when you are playing on ragnarok server w/o cluster you cant use half of engrams even if you defeat both dragon on manti on alpha difficulty.... 

its doesnt make sense so ragnarok and center and other maps will be empty from now and all players will start playing on booring island...

17 hours ago, omgdawn said:

You don't already do the boss fights to collect Ele for Generators? It makes perfect sense. Why would they give you free engrams?

Well they didn't make us do the bosses when they added the tek bridge or cyropods.   There are apparently more S+ features they may add in the future.   Are we going to have to redo all the bosses each time they add items?   For people in big tribes or large support networks it may be easy to do a couple runs.   For solo players it can take a long time to find someone to help you do a run.

Tek storage devices reduce the shear amount of vaults needed, which in turn means a smaller base, which reduces lag with less building pieces on a server.   I think the tek storage device, like the cryopods, benefit the server and shouldn't even need a boss run.

At the very least, if you've completed all the alpha bosses previously these items should be unlocked by default.

28 minutes ago, Cyclops said:

Well they didn't make us do the bosses when they added the tek bridge or cyropods.   There are apparently more S+ features they may add in the future.   Are we going to have to redo all the bosses each time they add items?   For people in big tribes or large support networks it may be easy to do a couple runs.   For solo players it can take a long time to find someone to help you do a run.

Tek storage devices reduce the shear amount of vaults needed, which in turn means a smaller base, which reduces lag with less building pieces on a server.   I think the tek storage device, like the cryopods, benefit the server and shouldn't even need a boss run.

At the very least, if you've completed all the alpha bosses previously these items should be unlocked by default.

To add to the storage only holds 1 type of material ....

2 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

To add to the storage only holds 1 type of material ....

Yeah but one tek storage unit holds the same as the 10 vaults of hide I currently have on my server and reduces the size I need in my base.    If everyone starts building slightly smaller bases = less pieces, less server lag, better for everyone.

14 hours ago, doverbeach said:

I think it's a little more complicated than people wanting stuff for free. The reality is that some will have to beat bosses twice for the same rewards that others will only have to beat them once for. No, it's not the end of the world. I already plan on doing many more boss runs anyway because I think they're lots of fun. But I can appreciate others being salty about WC making that decision for them.

Yeah pretty funny that some are calling this "wanting stuff for free" lol.  I play solo on The Center official so The Center Arena is obviously the one I do over and over for element.  I went to a Ragnarok server and gathered all the stuff I needed to do alpha Ragnarok, which was a pain considering how rare Basilosaurus seems to be on that map plus just the fact that it's not the map I know best for finding the things I need.  Now it would be super annoying if, just because they added one thing I want I'd have to go do it all over again.  Even worse than that though, Ragnarok won't even unlock it and I'm basically stuck just waiting for someone I know to do beta dragon so I can tag along since it sounds like that one isn't really possible to solo, at least not without breeding a bunch of dinos I'm not anywhere close to having yet.

I don't want stuff for free, if I did I'd just play single player and admin command everything I want.  I just want credit for having done something I've already done.  It'd be a little more understandable  if they were adding a bunch of new game changing tek engrams, but they've added a few extra structures that I doubt many people even care about over the metal version and then one thing that everyone wants and that should help greatly reduce the number of structures everyone needs which should hopefully help lag issues so it's exactly the type of thing they shouldn't be making a lot of trouble to get it.

On 3/6/2019 at 2:22 AM, brownievec said:

Not only did they delete the engram for Tek Rock Drake saddle, they deleted all of the physical saddles... We have black screened twice trying to redo it. Lost 15 Drake's and saddles to redo a fight for an engram we already had so that we can remake the saddles that disappeared. Oh and don't forget you don't get any element from this boss, the idea was you really only do it for the engram. 

• 3 months later...

Archived