New kibble system Y or N

vetmeda1

10 minutes ago, jpcab said:

The pulmonoscorpiys kibble still works thoug? I have literally still about 200 made..

It still works, but not for Rexes. he Pulmo-kibble can be used to tame any of the following:
Anglerfish, Ankylosaurus, Baryonyx, Beelzebufo, Carbonemys, Carnotaurus, Dimetrodon, Diplodocus, Doedicurus, Kaprosuchus, Kentrosaurus, Lymantria, Pelagornis, Pteranodon, Pulmonoscorpius, Purlovia, Sabertooth, Sarco, Snow Owl, Stegosaurus, Terror Bird, Thorny Dragon, Velonasaur

1 minute ago, Jungleboy113 said:

It's a step in the right direction but leaves players without the new DLC able to make Rex kibble XD.  Unless there is a way to get element dust on the island?!?  That needs to be addressed 

Rex eggs create Exceptional kibble and they prefer the same kibble. The ingredients for that doesn't include element dust: 
image.thumb.png.98d0bc3fe9e6c916000c0878b902126e.png

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CaptainRedbeard82 said:

I can't go by what dododex or wiki says for kibbles and im not gonna sit there and test everything thats their job. Both sites  say different things also devs said sorry for lack of communcation they will deal with the mess they made when they get back from their vacation.

You want them to come round your house and play the game for you as well? it's not their job but they choose to do it anyway and it makes our life easier, if it was me doing it and I saw entitled comments like that I'd delete everything

For what it's worth, the info on the wiki is correct

Beta testing for who?

The wiki and dododex are nothing to do with WC and are maintained by people who do it just for the heck of it, they don't need to do it, what would you do if they didn't and you had to figure everything out for yourself?

And yes the recipes on the wiki that Zahlea posted ARE CORRECT, dododex hasn't been updated yet and still has the extinction ingredients

1 hour ago, RageQuitter said:

Beta testing for who?

The wiki and dododex are nothing to do with WC and are maintained by people who do it just for the heck of it, they don't need to do it, what would you do if they didn't and you had to figure everything out for yourself?

And yes the recipes on the wiki that Zahlea posted ARE CORRECT, dododex hasn't been updated yet and still has the extinction ingredients

Its not correct, you might just wanna rage quit now >.>

When you look at it, Ark was never meant to be a casual's game. Like when it takes 10 hours to tame a high level theri without kibble on official, that's not something for the faint of heart. Same goes with the kibble system. Having everything you need was a sense of accomplishment, and for me that is why I play, because everything I do feels like an achievement (even after 4k hours). The new system was in development for a very long time, so we had plenty of time to say no to something like this. Its probably too late  to make a suggestion now that all of the work has been put in, but why not just make dinos lay eggs faster or reduce the amount of kibble needed to tame a dino? That would still provide the complexity for those who want to play the game like tryhards ('cause its not just tame 7 different dinos you're set for life), and it would still reduce the number of a dino needed to get enough kibble, which would solve the server cap problem and still give a sense of progression.

After looking and analysing  both sides of the argument for and against this new kibble system in an objective manner, it is quite apparent that it is Not easier for a new player starting out. So part of what Wildcard has claimed is not true, that this new kibble system is easier for taming creatures. Their claim on PS4 version is, "And tame creatures easier with our kibble rework."

On the Island, in the past all you needed were lowly Dodo eggs for the fast flying dinosaur. Now you need third tier dinosaur eggs to make the kibble for it. That certainly does not make taming easier.

It is not a kibble rework. It is a new kibble system. A kibble rework would be making a few changes to the kibble tree of the old system to bring the tree up to date.

Why would you want to make Superior Kibble when you can make Exceptional Kibble? Sap? Go and try getting it, then you understand. You have to tap those big trees. I haven't even thought about tapping those big trees. For a hunter like me, it's quite hard.

It is also apparent that the creation of the extraordinary kibble is motivated more by profit ($$$) than gameplay. Buy the dlc's if you want to make extraordinary kibble easier. This part of the new kibble system certainly does not tame creatures easier.

What is easier is this. The "Almost" "All in One" "Exceptional Kibble." Read the poster above me saying the same thing.

Once you reach a certain level, that is almost all you need in the game for all your taming needs.

So whether the new kibble system is good or bad to you depends on what kind of player you are, whether you are a new player or old player, whether you like the game hard or easy.

For me personally, the "Almost All in One Exceptional Kibble" is the Best Seller in this new kibble system. All I need to learn really well are the 7 dinosaurs which lay the eggs for the "Almost All in One Exceptional Kibble" and put them in the "Do not kill list."

For a hunter like me, (I am Not a TryHard, I am a TryNormal or TryEasy) who is an "Amateur Crappy Lousy Tamer", who does not know the taming aspects of dinosaurs well, this kibble is indeed Exceptional. So in this instance what Wildcard has claimed is True. 

30 minutes ago, Gabriel388 said:

It is also apparent that the creation of the extraordinary kibble is motivated more by profit ($$$) than gameplay. Buy the dlc's if you want to make extraordinary kibble easier. This part of the new kibble system certainly does not tame creatures easier.

Again its all fine and dandy claiming that that its motivated by profit... but Ragnarok is free...

Its the top tier of kibble, its not supposed to be easy. Not that I agree with the hesperornis and downgrading of titanoboa and what some of the creatures the kibble actually tames...

Also the word easy is just subjective.

2 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Again its all fine and dandy claiming that that its motivated by profit... but Ragnarok is free...

Its the top tier of kibble, its not supposed to be easy. Not that I agree with the hesperornis and downgrading of titanoboa and what some of the creatures the kibble actually tames...

Of course it is. Wildcard is a business. You can get wyvern eggs from Ragnarok which is a free dlc.

But if you play on the Island only, then it is with great difficulty that extraordinary kibble is obtained. 

I am pretty certain that the highest tier kibble in the old kibble system was not this difficult to obtain.

If that is the case, then the new kibble system has not made taming easier, has it?

Also for dinosaur lovers and tamers of the extraordinary kibble variety, buying the dlc's will give them a wider variety of locations to obtain all the 3 eggs. You can get Wyvern eggs from Scorched Earth and Ragnarok (Free Dlc) and Rock Drake eggs from Aberration.

Easy to say the word easy is subjective until you get ripped off by someone using the word easy. She was an easy sell. 

2 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Read this thread. Does it sound like the new kibble system has made taming easier to you? 

Wildcard's PS4 claim in my game:

And tame creatures even easier with our kibble rework!

easy

Dictionary result for easy

/ˈiːzi/
adjective
comparative adjective: easier
  1. 1. 
    achieved without great effort; presenting few difficulties.
    "an easy way of retrieving information"
    synonyms: uncomplicated, not difficult, undemanding, unexacting, unchallengingeffortlesspainlesstrouble-freefacilesimplestraightforwardelementaryidiot-proofplain sailingMore

It's made it easier in one sense, but made it more challenging in another.  You've already pointed out how it's much more challenging via needing such rare eggs and having to work up the tiers now.  I feel that everything except tier 5 and 6 kibble is ok in the challenge department, my biggest complaints being why spinos need tier 5 but only produce tier 4 (which kills aberration taming, now need tier 6 to tame spinos perfectly), and the difficulty of obtaining tier 6 eggs on the Island and Extinction being much higher than on Rag, SE and Abb.

As far as how it makes it easier, is that now there's less to prepare when going out to tame something, just lookup what tier the dino is, find the right tier eggs for kibble, and you can tame it, along with anything else nearby that looks cool.  If I take Tier 5 kibble out to tame a Rex and decide I want an Allosaur too, I can tame both without having to go back to base to get a different kibble.

So basically, now getting to a new tier of dinos is harder, but once you're there, the rest of the process is streamlined.

People keep harping on about dinos becoming useless. I've heard this a thousand times it feels like, and I have the same reply each time. Each dino was placed into the game with the aim of fulfilling a specific role, a role it was to be used for by players. If players do not tame them because they are useless, this means they are not effective enough in their intended role and either need to be reworked to fulfill a different role or given boosts to enable them to better perform their intended roles. Not the kibble system's job to cover for that, that was just a band-aid on a wound that probably needs surgery.

Looking at it objectively, as a PC Ark player, private server. 

I liked the new Kibble system better than the old one. 

1.) I can now streamline my kibble production with fewer groups. My base is less crowded and I keep those for kibble farms and utility (combat included).

2.) Store everyone that is no longer necessary, so I can bring one or two out to take for a ride, but essentially the base food consumption/maintenance has improved greatly because of that, allowing me more time to actually play the game. 

3.) Although I was a huge fan of the old progression tree, as it served as a soft "unlock mode" for creatures, based on 1.) and 2.) I can move past it, the gains in my case were substantial.

Its important to note that I deliberately chose not to use old kibble. I just tossed the lot out and started fresh and I still need a lot more time with this to truly state if my opinion above will stand, the outlook however is extremely positive. 

I love the new system. It didn't make sense to me that 'random animal's eggs makes the favorite food of X animal', and hopefully it'll help combat the problem of tribes hogging a server's tame cap with their hundreds of dinos tamed *only* to produce eggs for kibble farms. It won't stop the people who have 50 or so gigas or wyverns parked on their roof to show off, but it should help *some*.

4 minutes ago, choroni said:

Has it actually been confirmed that you can tame lower-tiered creatures using a higher-tiered kibble?  I'm seeing quite a lot of conflicting reports on this.

I confirmed it yesterday, i tamed a pelagornis with Superior Kibble, it only needs Regular Kibble i do believe but the Superior counted as it's preferred kibble.

2 minutes ago, TheBlastMage said:

I confirmed it yesterday, i tamed a pelagornis with Superior Kibble, it only needs Regular Kibble i do believe but the Superior counted as it's preferred kibble.

That is excellent!

It makes me wonder, though, why anyone would make anything other than Exceptional Kibble (except for the Extraordinary snowflakes).

1 minute ago, choroni said:

That is excellent!

It makes me wonder, though, why anyone would make anything other than Exceptional Kibble (except for the Extraordinary snowflakes).

One thing i haven't tested is imprinting.  Dinos can ask for any meat or jerky, and also any of the new kibbles, but i don't know if they'll accept a higher tier kibble than what they ask for yet, though i'm assuming no.

17 hours ago, TheBlastMage said:

One thing i haven't tested is imprinting.  Dinos can ask for any meat or jerky, and also any of the new kibbles, but i don't know if they'll accept a higher tier kibble than what they ask for yet, though i'm assuming no.

I have a fondness for raising dodos. Yesterday my latest crop were up for their imprinting. "Dodo wants to be hand-fed comfort food: extraordinary kibble"  Me: yeah, I love you, but you're not getting that.  *freezes baby dodo in cryopod and then unfreezes it*  "Dodo wants to cuddle with you"  Me: much better.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/6/2019 at 8:00 PM, CrazyTactic said:

I don't like new system. I have pack of dodos and dilos and used to collect their eggs to make kibble and tame all base Dino's (I think so) for effective development: ptera, anky, doedicurus, ichty. BTW dodos have a great egg production speed. Just think about it: these small babes (dodos and dilos) gave me a huge potential in development. And now with new system I gotta tame bigger Dinos, spending hours just for their eggs.

Replies like this I don't understand. The entire point of the new system is to reduce the amount of dinos you need. A 150 ptera only takes 13 kibble. You need 1 egg laying group from each category. Even with that, apparently lower grades will eat higher grade kibble for taming. You only need like 5 egg laying groups now vs an egg laying group from every type of dinosaur before. This lets you get your 5 groups then focus on dinosaurs you actually want to deal with. I don't see how anyone sees this as a bad thing. The only issue with it is the requirement of cooked fish meat for simple kibble on a map like scorched earth. Not as easy to get it there.

Archived