New kibble system Y or N

vetmeda1

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New system vs Old system - both have merits. My only issue with the new system revolves around my favorite critter - the Thylacoleo.  

Just something of note ... in the new system, the Pteranodon, Spinosaur, and Yutryannus require kibble one level higher than the eggs they produce.  This means  you have to tame something of a "higher quality" in order to capture/kibble'ize one of these for the max natural tame. Kind of defeats the purpose if the eggs they produce are lower in quality than what is needed to tame  --- imo.

But with the Thylacoleo, they totally ... um ... well, lets say they messed up ... in a big way.  Previously the Thylacoleo needed Titanboa kibble which is now produced at a Superior level. The new system requires Extraordinary kibble to max tame a Thylacoleo.  There's only 1 animal on the Island (my FAV btw) that produces Extraordinary kibble - the Megalania. So, to tame a Thylocoleo, I now have to capture and tame a Megalania, which btw also requires Extraordinary kibble to max tame.  I really wish they would have made the Thylacoleo a Superior or even an Exceptional kibble consumer, but an Extraordinary consumer - c'mon!  There goes my hope of getting a high level kitty for Christmas :-(.

11 minutes ago, TheBlastMage said:

I've still yet to personally test this, but it's being said that dinos will eat any kibble for their tier and above.  if someone has tested this and knows for 100% please let us know, i'd hate to be spreading wrong info.

Yeah confirmation would be great, the info about the update backs it up 

Kibble Rework

• Categorized Kibble
  • Creatures prefer their category of Kibble or above

Am conflicted by this, initial though was I dont like it. But more I think about it the more I agree with it. I did always think it was BS that creatures had a taste for a certain species of egg. It makes more sense the new way now. Looking forward to trying out the new system when I get the chance. I guess its just a different system thatll take tame to get used to. Should be good.

22 minutes ago, TexasRex said:

New system vs Old system - both have merits. My only issue with the new system revolves around my favorite critter - the Thylacoleo.  

Just something of note ... in the new system, the Pteranodon, Spinosaur, and Yutryannus require kibble one level higher than the eggs they produce.  This means  you have to tame something of a "higher quality" in order to capture/kibble'ize one of these for the max natural tame. Kind of defeats the purpose if the eggs they produce are lower in quality than what is needed to tame  --- imo.

But with the Thylacoleo, they totally ... um ... well, lets say they messed up ... in a big way.  Previously the Thylacoleo needed Titanboa kibble which is now produced at a Superior level. The new system requires Extraordinary kibble to max tame a Thylacoleo.  There's only 1 animal on the Island (my FAV btw) that produces Extraordinary kibble - the Megalania. So, to tame a Thylocoleo, I now have to capture and tame a Megalania, which btw also requires Extraordinary kibble to max tame.  I really wish they would have made the Thylacoleo a Superior or even an Exceptional kibble consumer, but an Extraordinary consumer - c'mon!  There goes my hope of getting a high level kitty for Christmas :-(.

Megalania only produces eggs for superior kibble according to the patch notes. Youd have to go with hesperornis if you only have island creatures available. Breeding your thylas will give you better results than just taming ;)

My vote is no to the changes, (not like it will do any good even repying to this) but why wait to change it now? it should have been changed before launch so now make everyones past work of collecting certain eggs for certain reasons now invalid. sure you can still use them but not for what you had saved them for. thanks for the time waste. also they said you would be able to use old kibbles to tame the dinos they went to and you wouldnt be able to make more of it.. that was a lie. the old kibbles are useless. yea they may count as an "egg" now but an "egg" you dumped all your resources into just to get screwed in the end cause of the lies. @wc fanboys stage is open.

10 minutes ago, CaptainRedbeard82 said:

My vote is no to the changes, (not like it will do any good even repying to this) but why wait to change it now? it should have been changed before launch so now make everyones past work of collecting certain eggs for certain reasons now invalid. sure you can still use them but not for what you had saved them for. thanks for the time waste. also they said you would be able to use old kibbles to tame the dinos they went to and you wouldnt be able to make more of it.. that was a lie. the old kibbles are useless. yea they may count as an "egg" now but an "egg" you dumped all your resources into just to get screwed in the end cause of the lies. @wc fanboys stage is open.

The old kibble can still be used, but like you said, not for what you planned it for.  All of the old kibble is now the same as the equivalent new kibble that egg would have made.  Plus higher tier kibble should be usable on lower tier dinos as well, so taming is now super easy.  This update does change what is valuable now, and it does have some issues with the highest tier eggs and which dinos prefer that kibble, but for everything else the update is just one big Quality of Life change that's been long overdue.

2 minutes ago, TheBlastMage said:

The old kibble can still be used, but like you said, not for what you planned it for.  All of the old kibble is now the same as the equivalent new kibble that egg would have made.  Plus higher tier kibble should be usable on lower tier dinos as well, so taming is now super easy.  This update does change what is valuable now, and it does have some issues with the highest tier eggs and which dinos prefer that kibble, but for everything else the update is just one big Quality of Life change that's been long overdue.

yea the rest of it was great. love the flex connector pipes, stairs with the option to change it to a ceiling works ok. its the wrong pitch for a ramp but its something the lockups and the devs leaving for vacation after messing up the game not so much.

I can agree with ya on all the glitches, since these were reported weeks prior to the release, it would have been much better if they'd delayed the update for a few more weeks to fix those rather than release it in this state.  Since we run the S+ mod on our server, we can't even build anymore as nothing snaps.

"Megalania only produces eggs for superior kibble according to the patch notes. Youd have to go with hesperornis if you only have island creatures available. Breeding your thylas will give you better results than just taming ;)"

@acat  - just started a solo game … missed the Hesperonis in the patch notes.  Thanks for the hints!

1 hour ago, Caerbannog said:

If you have the game on PC you had the ability to test the patch in single player.

Right, because I have almost $10,000 in server hardware to play by myself. Think before you speak, please. I do not play single player. I do not care to play alone. Also, are you stating that simply by playing in single player mode this change would magically take effect early for me? Either way you still managed to overlook to point of 90% of the player base being on unofficial, so even if the 10% on official said OK, it would never have passed a simple majority vote. Heck, look at the threads here. PvP, PvE, and both official and unofficial players are pissed about this stupid change. Wildcard needs to roll back this patch and maybe change up the kibble chart a bit. I am so damn sick of whiny brats who didn't even buy the game (parents did) dictating what is too hard.

The Island and The Center are completely broken now, unless they up the hesperornis golden egg chance to like 80%. Many of us pride ourselves on perfect-taming max level dinos. This is next to impossible now. You complain that having only a few dinos took too long to get eggs (BS, I never had issues with 2-4 of any type) but how long will it take to get enough golden eggs to tame four to six wild, max level rexes? Think! THis made it more grindy despite being simpler.

2 minutes ago, Xenithar said:

Right, because I have almost $10,000 in server hardware to play by myself. Think before you speak, please. I do not play single player. I do not care to play alone. Also, are you stating that simply by playing in single player mode this change would magically take effect early for me? Either way you still managed to overlook to point of 90% of the player base being on unofficial, so even if the 10% on official said OK, it would never have passed a simple majority vote. Heck, look at the threads here. PvP, PvE, and both official and unofficial players are pissed about this stupid change. Wildcard needs to roll back this patch and maybe change up the kibble chart a bit. I am so damn sick of whiny brats who didn't even buy the game (parents did) dictating what is too hard.

The Island and The Center are completely broken now, unless they up the hesperornis golden egg chance to like 80%. Many of us pride ourselves on perfect-taming max level dinos. This is next to impossible now. You complain that having only a few dinos took too long to get eggs (BS, I never had issues with 2-4 of any type) but how long will it take to get enough golden eggs to tame four to six wild, max level rexes? Think! THis made it more grindy despite being simpler.

All PC players could have opted in to the beta and played around on single-player to test the new update, that's the point he was making.  You don't need $10,000 in hardware to do that.  Also your last paragraph suggests you never looked at any of the charts, you don't need golden eggs to tame rex's (though you could use it, but it's a waste), you need other rex eggs to perfect tame rex's, along with Brontos, Theris and a few others.  The only thing you need golden eggs (also includes rock drake and wyvern eggs) for, are Yutys, Thylas, Megalanias, Griffins, and Rock Elementals.  Only one of those are used in boss fights at all and doesn't even need to be maxed out since it should never be in combat to begin with, so mutton taming that is fine.  The Thyla and Megalania would be the only ones to complain about as they are now astronomically harder to tame if you're only on the island, the rest are on maps that also have wyverns.

The new kibble update works in 90% of all situations, and 100% if you do any form of cross-server play to get rock drake or wyvern eggs.  Is it harder to do now?  Absolutely, but it is much less grindy than before as we no longer need to hoard useless dinos.

Funny that some folks complain about some dinos now being worthless.  From your standards they were mostly useless before.  From my standards however I still see them as giving flavor to the game.  Who ever said that a dino is only useful if you tame it?  Why can't we continue to look at all the wonderful beasts that roam the Ark without saying "I'd never tame that thing it's worthless!"  I'm also excited to go back and see which eggs I have in the fridge and what can I tame now that I couldn't tame before?  It's fun!  Heck, I don't have a Giant Bee yet, I don't have a Rock Elemental yet, I don't have a Therizino yet.  Why?  I don't have the creatures needed to make their kibble in the old system, but now I do!!!

On 3/5/2019 at 1:29 PM, LunaWolfClaw said:

I personally like this idea, but i also agree with that it will leave many Dinos pretty much useless as some of them are only useful for Kibble only. I do like the idea of this though as it makes it easier for smaller tribes or solo players, but maybe have to re-evaluate Dinos abilities so that everything has some sort of good use or they'll be forgotten. 

Ugh the last thing i want is something that makes the game easier, that's why i play ark, for a challenge!

Also DOES it really make the game easier for solo/small tribes? Without making it easier for the big ones as well?

So... I crunched some data and suggested a solution here: 

Basically, I want to try to come up with what can actually be done to fix the system... For me, the biggest issue is that playing an isolated The Island or The Center map (or even a cluster with the two of them), leaves only Hesperonis as an option for getting Extraordinary kibble. And really, the way golden eggs drop, they're essentially unobtainable!

On 3/5/2019 at 1:46 PM, DarkSoul996 said:

I think it's a great idea in theory particularly in terms of keeping down the number of dinos required for a kibble farm. The downfall of this will be the players though as instead of keeping multiple species for a kibble farm people will just keep larger numbers but fewer species. Will be nice to only have to keep a stockpile of 6 types of kibble though. The biggest argument I've seen is regarding making a lot of the kibble dinos useless but let's be honest they already were. There's no special skill or experience required to tame any of them and once you have them they just become a lawn ornament that drops a kibble ingredient once in a while.The whole rework just streamlines the process and still keeps balance.

Agreed, however you left out one casualty, the hunt. No more need to roam far and wide to find specific dinos etc. Big deal to folks like myself.

Just now, Jungleboy113 said:

It's a step in the right direction but leaves players without the new DLC able to make Rex kibble XD.  Unless there is a way to get element dust on the island?!?  That needs to be addressed 

Element dust now comes from Tek Dinos as of the last update or so before this. so no DLC is required for any kibble

6 minutes ago, Oldster said:

Agreed, however you left out one casualty, the hunt. No more need to roam far and wide to find specific dinos etc. Big deal to folks like myself.

But we do this anyway looking for things like high level rexes and theris for boss fighting, constantly looking for higher stats.

Just now, Jungleboy113 said:

It's a step in the right direction but leaves players without the new DLC able to make Rex kibble XD.  Unless there is a way to get element dust on the island?!?  That needs to be addressed 

The tek dinos drop dust. Not that it matters, the final kibble rework recipe doesnt use dust, that was only for the test extinction augment kibble. Thats no longer the case.

Archived