New kibble system Y or N

vetmeda1

Hello mates,

is there anyone who thinks this new kibble system is good enough? I think no! Please, leave your opinion in this topic.

Really I don not know why we need a new system. The old one was logic, worked very well, and give as possibility to tame all kinds of dinos in ARK. Even if you don't want, you have to do it for kibbles. Otherwise, will exist many dinos that no one will tame, and never know  what are they needed for. This is stupid, because first of all ARK is a game for dinosaurs,  it  is not CS.....

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally like this idea, but i also agree with that it will leave many Dinos pretty much useless as some of them are only useful for Kibble only. I do like the idea of this though as it makes it easier for smaller tribes or solo players, but maybe have to re-evaluate Dinos abilities so that everything has some sort of good use or they'll be forgotten. 

I think it's a great idea in theory particularly in terms of keeping down the number of dinos required for a kibble farm. The downfall of this will be the players though as instead of keeping multiple species for a kibble farm people will just keep larger numbers but fewer species. Will be nice to only have to keep a stockpile of 6 types of kibble though. The biggest argument I've seen is regarding making a lot of the kibble dinos useless but let's be honest they already were. There's no special skill or experience required to tame any of them and once you have them they just become a lawn ornament that drops a kibble ingredient once in a while.The whole rework just streamlines the process and still keeps balance.

9 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

it wasnt

it didnt

how is that a good thing?

1. Where is logic? To tame argentavis, you need a superior egg kibble, the easiest way to receive superior eggs is to tame argentavis, logic?

2. What didn't work well in old system? When you start, you need dodo and dilo, to tame pteras and anky. Now you need anky on the beginning anyway, but instead dilo you have to tame carbonemys(as easiest way to receive regular eggs).The question where you will hide 10 carbo on PVP servers? 10 dilos could be hide on the raft even.

3. This game is so good because every dino have own function, if not for farm or fight, it is for kibble production. Otherwise lets remove all dinos, except managarmr and to feel CS breathing

P.S.. Anyone think how many dinos from one kind you need, to have enough eggs for taming few kinds?

The old system made sense. This one is just stupid. A "large" egg can tame a rex? So since it is based on the size (mass), why not get that same mass with ten or so small eggs, right? This is simply an attempt to make the game easier for the whiners. Plain and simple. They went from a thorough, well thought out system of preferences and tastes to this crap with only six kibbles to tame everything. Stupid.

Oh, and now S+ is broken, none of my dinos are laying ANY eggs (old style or new), and who knows what else we'll find!

2 minutes ago, Xenithar said:

The old system made sense. This one is just stupid. A "large" egg can tame a rex? So since it is based on the size (mass), why not get that same mass with ten or so small eggs, right? This is simply an attempt to make the game easier for the whiners. Plain and simple. They went from a thorough, well thought out system of preferences and tastes to this crap with only six kibbles to tame everything. Stupid.

Oh, and now S+ is broken, none of my dinos are laying ANY eggs (old style or new), and who knows what else we'll find!

The logic behind this change is now to tame low level creatures before taming a higher level one.  Also, many of the tiers have easy to tame dinos in them which can produce kibble for the dino you actually want.  The old system had virtually no logic behind it, some progression was to be had, sure.  But why do stegos tame argies?  why do argies then tame spinos?  In the same vein, why are scorpions, which are super easy to tame and worthless, needed for Rexs, which are hard to tame and highly valuable?  This new system just says, "Tame a weak dino to get kibble, then you can tame the strongest of its kind!"

The rest is just bugs, those will get fixed eventually (but should've been tested for and fixed =/ )

20 minutes ago, vetmeda1 said:

1. Where is logic? To tame argentavis, you need a superior egg kibble, the easiest way to receive superior eggs is to tame argentavis, logic?

2. What didn't work well in old system? When you start, you need dodo and dilo, to tame pteras and anky. Now you need anky on the beginning anyway, but instead dilo you have to tame carbonemys(as easiest way to receive regular eggs).The question where you will hide 10 carbo on PVP servers? 10 dilos could be hide on the raft even. 

1. Tame low level creature with meat/berries. Problem solved.

2. read (1). The "kibble tree" never worked as intended.

20 minutes ago, vetmeda1 said:

3. This game is so good because every dino have own function, if not for farm or fight, it is for kibble production

The only thing this approach achieved is forced players to build larger bases for all the old kibble dinos which facilitated lags and tame limits on PvE servers.

1 minute ago, TheBlastMage said:

The logic behind this change is now to tame low level creatures before taming a higher level one.  Also, many of the tiers have easy to tame dinos in them which can produce kibble for the dino you actually want.  The old system had virtually no logic behind it, some progression was to be had, sure.  But why do stegos tame argies?  why do argies then tame spinos?  In the same vein, why are scorpions, which are super easy to tame and worthless, needed for Rexs, which are hard to tame and highly valuable?  This new system just says, "Tame a weak dino to get kibble, then you can tame the strongest of its kind!"

The rest is just bugs, those will get fixed eventually (but should've been tested for and fixed =/ )

Actually a lot of your example made sense. Oh, and you DID need to tame simple things to tame tough things before. Dodos, dilos, and parasaurs got you a lot of great dinos, like raptors. Scorpions did do rexes and I agree, it was odd. I'd always grab a scorpion then a rex, and usually a quetzal soon after. Gigas took more time! But your chain makes sense, even if you do not see it. Argents eat other dinos. So they prefer stego taste over all others. They're herbivores and likely have more desirable flesh than tough, muscular carnivores provide. Ergo, the stego eggs provide the nutrients the birds love. Same thing can be said about spinos. Perhaps spinos raid their nests. The birds can't touch a spino, so it makes sense again.

I do agree that some of the chains may have needed work. I mean scorpion -> rex -> quetzal -> giga meant you were a boss fairly easily. But most of it DID work and it worked since before release!

3 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

1. Tame low level creature with meat/berries. Problem solved.

2. read (1). The "kibble tree" never worked as intended.

The only thing this approach achieved is forced players to build larger bases for all the old kibble dinos which facilitated lags and tame limits on PvE servers.

What are the tame limits at on official? We never hit these limits on unofficial and I do not adjust them. The problem on official is more likely every individual trying to tame two of everything. Combine that with breeding super dinos and I imagine the global cap is hit easily. What is it though? Seems to me kibble is not the problem here. It is players lack of understanding how to play the game. There are TONS of dinos I have never once tamed and I still get by just fine.

1 minute ago, Xenithar said:

What are the tame limits at on official? We never hit these limits on unofficial and I do not adjust them. The problem on official is more likely every individual trying to tame two of everything. Combine that with breeding super dinos and I imagine the global cap is hit easily. What is it though? Seems to me kibble is not the problem here. It is players lack of understanding how to play the game. There are TONS of dinos I have never once tamed and I still get by just fine.

Most servers are 6500 tames on a server

Archived