Screwed the Pooch on this one

Esquire1980

Unofficial 6 server cluster, heavy modded, heavy .ini coding.  We already run S+ full mod.  Can not get ANY server back up after update.  Trying to 1 at a time now.  Servers freeze on loading mod 2, and toggle between mod 1 and 2,  which is way before S+ mod loading.   HG Stacking mod 5000 is mod 2.  Have a sneeking suspicion that when they finally get back up the S+ stuff will be a mess and many players have built with it.

This patch was not ready, no where near it.  You guys need to pull the patch and test it a boat-load more or just put the S+ patch in with the full mod as a mod included in the main game instead of hard coding.  Kibble update, to me anyway, (being on a modded unofficial), is of no importance to us as we run a kibble mod also. 

Yesterday, we had a game, today, we don't and I'm still paying for the servers.

1 hour ago, GP said:

Works fine on my unofficial 4 server cluster. Don't just blame the S+ introduction, it may be something related to your servers or confliction with other mods you run. As I say my servers were all up and running straight away with no issues.

Actually, this broke S+ completely. I have a six-server cluster. No issues, 293.100 arrives, now S+ stuff will no longer snap, no dinos are laying eggs of any type, and now we get random freezing when leaving heavily built up areas. I do not run many mods. Classic Flyers, S+, Snappy Saddles, and Platforms+.

No, i totally agree with the name of this topic and i believe it needs to be addressed. Dedicated Server's Owner's are paying for a service that has been rendered unusable due to this haphazardly produced update. This is not the first that this has happened, on this scale maybe, but definitely not the first. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/playark/comments/axpgrr/frustrating_as_hell_s/ehv4te1/?context=3

This is the best we have to go on for now. I have yet to read anything other than what Chris has said that states that they are "working" on a fix for this. I've scoured this forum and the steam community. There is nothing but a bunch of babies crying and complaining about how much WC "sucks". I'm not here to point fingers, i just want to know when it's going to be fixed.

• Volunteer Moderator
9 hours ago, Xenithar said:

Actually, this broke S+ completely. I have a six-server cluster. No issues, 293.100 arrives, now S+ stuff will no longer snap, no dinos are laying eggs of any type, and now we get random freezing when leaving heavily built up areas. I do not run many mods. Classic Flyers, S+, Snappy Saddles, and Platforms+.

Yes the patch caused issues with snapping for servers that already were using the S+ mod. That's unrelated to being unable to get servers up and running as the OP is talking about.

Dinos not laying eggs would is unlikely to be anything to do with S+, more just something with the latest patch that has caused it as S+ doesn't change anything to do with egg laying or kibble. So again unrelated to getting the servers up and running as the OP was referring.

Yeah, we found all the bugs that ev1 else has found as well.  No snap points, freezes, etc etc etc.  Servers have to be throwing all kinds of errors but servers.io doesn't give me access to see what errors they're throwing.

At least CKF is still working with snap points, (castle, keeps, mod)

And GP, this was a complete mess to get the servers back up.  The update made them all go down with a single core trying to update, take out the code the patch took out, add the code the patch put in, re-build, all while throwing all kinds of errors and crashing even before they had a chance to come up due to it, etc  etc etc.  I even got several notifications that the program was still running but the server (hardware) was froze up.  I finally stopped all the servers and brought them up 1 at a time.  The 1st took 2 hours of mod/loading with all the problems (toggleing/etc) that was in the 1st post.

With all these problems and then the resultant bugs, this patch was no where near ready to implement.  And to be honest, I thought they had a chance with this 1 as they actualy had a beta.

I did not have a lot of problems updating to the patch

• Just stop the servers.
  • run steamcmd
  • login anonymous
  • app_update 376030
  • quit
  • start servers

I run 11 mods, including Structures Plus, Platforms Plus

Of course I'm running with AllowIntegratedSPlusStructures=False. Which will be the case until they integrate all of OrionSun's mods into the core game probably. Triangle foundations are nice, but things like the Gatherer are essential if you are 40+ with a job and a family, and so are your friends.

Our main problem right now is that none of the mod structures are snapping. The servers themselves are running.

Archived