PSA: Homestead Patch, DO YER DUTY TO THE SERVERS (PLEASE?)

Skiidzman

With the release of a new kibble re-work, and new building methods, do your duty to help the servers run better, please.

I am looking at you PVE folks primarily... you build endlessly.

-  You don't need kibble farms anymore, put up dinosaurs you don't need if you can in cryo-fridges.

-  If you rebuild, tear down old stuff, use the new large walls where you can.  Less resources = better performance for everyone.

That is all.  

P.S. Ark Devs add new PvE servers.  I'd love to see a fresh start with the changes.

13 minutes ago, Skiidzman said:

With the release of a new kibble re-work, and new building methods, do your duty to help the servers run better, please.

I am looking at you PVE folks primarily... you build endlessly.

-  You don't need kibble farms anymore, put up dinosaurs you don't need if you can in cryo-fridges.

-  If you rebuild, tear down old stuff, use the new large walls where you can.  Less resources = better performance for everyone.

That is all.  

P.S. Ark Devs add new PvE servers.  I'd love to see a fresh start with the changes.

I dont even play official anymore and thats the first thing im doing when I get home.. I might actually build a real wall instead of behe gates :o.. but probably not. 

If I remember correctly the amount of building materials involved, the new walls take the same amount of materials as the equivalent, ie. 4 metal walls would be 100 mi and 28 cp, same as the new metal large wall. The real question is does these new walls count as only 1 structure for the building limit or do they count as 4 structures, much like how behemoth gates count for 900 structures (i might be wrong on this number).

As far as kibble farms go, yeah those can mostly be done away with which should help with tame cap issues to a degree. 

Just now, Skiidzman said:

That's why I said please kid, really though... you should make a salt factory.  ?

lol your one to talk

#1 your are not my DAD

#2 you started this salty thread by telling everyone how to play I just said in a nice way I play the way I want to play

#3 what you did not like my awser so am salty lol the jokes on you master sir master lol

#4 please ill play my game you play yours

unfortunately nothing will change until the devs make some hard decisions about the performance of their servers.

ive never played a game that runs as poorly as ark. the servers simply cant handle these giant ugly dinosaur warehouses that fill the servers. 

i play (and i use that term loosely) on oc pve 69 ragnarok  and it's constantly rubber banding. I wanted to play over the weekend but ended up rage quitting because the game was performing so badly. 

the entire server types "1" or "." in global chat to know when the lag is over. It's absolutely shocking.

here's how i would fix the problem, at least for PVE

strict build/tame limit - enough for one semi-large castle per tribe - 50 tames in the world per tribe at a time.

Make it so people have a single base that represents their tribe - if that base is an ugly box - it's their only ugly box. 

make cryo a cheap craftable item that everyone can build. this will prevent backlash from the strict tame limit and allow tribes to keep all of their work.

one cryo trade per tribe per week to prevent these greedy raptors from simply splitting into multiple tribes. make cryo the only way to trade - disable claim/unclaim dino entirely except for breeding.

then actually introduce something to do in PVE, add some roaming threats, maybe introduce pvp zones that contain rare materials/drops that can be built on but are open for destruction...

honestly anything is better than this dino factory stagnant laggy bullpoop we have right now. 

Archived