My friends and I have been playing on a PVE server for a couple months. After some mild frustration with some of the rules on official (we get it, just would rather not deal with it) we decided to get our own server. I currently have my own private server up and running. However, we would like to try and preserve some of the work we have already done. After a bit of research, I realized we would not be able to transfer from official to unofficial. There are 100 conversations about that here and they all end at that conclusion. So realizing this, I thought maybe we could spawn in dinos and manipulate them to essentially be clones of the ones we currently have on official.

The SpawnSetupDino command looks like it would be right for that. After playing with it a little, I am very confused and am hoping someone here has some experience with it and can explain some of the mechanics behind it.

1. I believe when you put the level into your command, the dino is spawning at that level but then being perfectly tamed. So if I put level 20 in the command, I end up with a level 30 dino. Am I understanding that mechanic correctly?

2. After that I get really confused. I believe what is happening is it spawns a dino at the specified level but with random stats (like any wild dino) then tames it and applies the levels you put in the stat arguments of the command. So if you say "Health=10" it applies 10 level ups to that dino's health stat. Is this correct? If this is correct, it could be a colossal pain in the butt to try and replicate all our dinos. We would have to figure out how many level ups they have in each stat (roughly) then continue to spawn them randomly until we get one with roughly correct starting stats. 

Is there any way, anyone knows of that will allow me to manually set stats of creatures or am I not understanding this command? 

Sorry if that is wordy and thank you in advance to anyone who knows more about this command.

Archived