Community Crunch 171: ARK Stream & Homestead Update Tomorrow!

Jen

6 minutes ago, ArkP1 said:

Love that S+ is here, but not so sure about the kibble... really would have liked more warning and time to prepare... and what are the final recipes? Are they the same recipes that essentially render all my prime jerky useless for kibble?

Do the old kibble recipes still work? Do the already made kibbles still work and what about imprints? 

Also, it says “Characters can be respeced once every 24 hours.”

Is this the same as unlimited respecs, limited to 24 hr increments, or is it also limited to one respec per level? 

For instance, I literally just respeced a character on official yesterday. Does this mean I can respec again 24 hrs after I last respeced without leveling up again, or does it mean I would have to wait 24 hrs to respec again, even if I level up before that time has passed?

P.S. Is beer still useless for anything besides taming chali? 

Whole lot of things there, I'll answer them one by one.

No, old kibble recipes do not work. Already made kibbles still work, and they still tame the respective dino they used to. They do not however work for imprints, you will need the new kibbles, any veggies, any berries, or any meats.

Character respec every 24 hours means that once the change goes live, you have unlimited respec ability, every 24 hours.

Your character that respec'd recently will be able to respec as soon as the update goes live because it's a retroactive change. The game didn't have this mechanic before the update, so it won't know.

Beer is still useless as far as taming goes, besides Chalicotherium.

6 minutes ago, Gkar said:

Hi when will you add internal pipes/wires, seamless crop plots and snap points for regular crop plots to foundations and ceilings. Are these even being considered to be integrated to the game?

You're asking a bit much, as they've just spent lots of work adding in what they have. I'd recommend playing around with all the new mechanics and seeing what you can build. You'd be surprised. As far as I know, they won't be adding snappable crop plots, but there are already very flexible pipes in the game now.

19 minutes ago, AndrewLB said:

Sooo..... when are we to expect an update that makes it so players with RTX graphics cards don't constantly crash? And what's up with DLSS being added? Or are they "a little further out?" You guys did go through the trouble of having nVidia add Ark to all their RTX promotional stuff...  Or was that just a marketing ploy to bump sales?  I'm asking because from what i've read on the Unreal Engine's forum that both DLSS and Raytracing  require not only Direct X 12, but also an updated engine which supports the technologies.

That sounds really frustrating, and I haven't heard any information about RTX. All I can say is don't use an RTX card to play ARK. That's the main reason I still haven't upgraded from my GTX 1080 Ti.

42 minutes ago, NeddyTheNoodle said:

Whole lot of things there, I'll answer them one by one.

No, old kibble recipes do not work. Already made kibbles still work, and they still tame the respective dino they used to. They do not however work for imprints, you will need the new kibbles, any veggies, any berries, or any meats.

Character respec every 24 hours means that once the change goes live, you have unlimited respec ability, every 24 hours.

Your character that respec'd recently will be able to respec as soon as the update goes live because it's a retroactive change. The game didn't have this mechanic before the update, so it won't know.

Beer is still useless as far as taming goes, besides Chalicotherium.

I really hope you are just speculating about the old kibble recipes not working. Otherwise my egg inventory just recieved a massive downgrade and I am NOT HAPPY.

6 hours ago, JensJuJu said:

Will this updated be added to Primitive+? 

Yes, Chris said "Prim+ will support the new S+ features/foundations for the structure branches from vanilla and employ the Kibble rework." Here.

5 hours ago, ExcessEvil said:

While it looks good, i'm worried about what'll happen to those of us who use the S+ mod on unofficial servers.

The new additions do not copy the old ones, so should not affect modded servers. 
If you want to avoid the duplicate engrams and such, you can disable these new ones by going to the GameUserSettings.ini and putting 

AllowIntegratedSPlusStructures=false

1 hour ago, SaraVieira said:

When u guys decide to change the food consumption on baby gachas? They eat a lot.

Try using something other than berries, they get very little food from berries.

@Jen

Have you considered that Hesperornis are not tamable in Extinction and thus there are no eggs in the Extraordinary category that are possible to acquire without downloads? Perhaps consider adding a way to get Wyvern/Rock Drake eggs, tamable Hesperornis there or adding another egg to the category.

Also, please make sure Fertilized eggs are excluded from ItemStackSizeMultipier too! More Info here.

Item Stacks

• Fixed ConfigOverrideItemMaxQuantity issue with RawPrimeMeat

That's weird, my RawPrimeMeat override works fine, but my ordinary RawMeat does not? Other people report the Raw Prime Fish and Cooked Meat aren't working (they are also working for me too), have those been fixed as well?

Edited by Zapph

No, seriously! Did all the allo eggs I’ve been saving just become useless to tame a griffin, which is what I was saving them for?!? No warning, no final word or official announcement of what the new kibble recipes would be? They just drop it on us without even saying what the final recipes are and with no time to hurry up and make the kibbles from eggs that are going to be significantly downgraded? 

Great way to ruin my Tuesday WC! How about some better details and warning? How about some beta servers for console? 

4 hours ago, Austria said:

Anyone know the Resources that we need for the new Kibble? Fiber mejo?

No one knows for sure because they officially released them, apparently (or maybe) replacing the old kibble without even posting ehat the new recipes are? Last I heard the beta was still going. Now, I find out the beta is over and here comes theupdate at the same time. 

Had a really good couple of weeks on Ark, now could be the worst ever. 

6 minutes ago, ArkP1 said:

Can I still make the old recipes? Some word on this please! What are the new recipes? 

Just realized my mantis eggs won’t work for elementals, to add insult to not being able to use allo kib for griffin. 

Is this Bethesda?

They had a beta up for 5 weeks. You could have participated in the kibble changes if you are on PC. They did a great job about listening to feedback on S+ and kibble.

17 minutes ago, Caerbannog said:

They had a beta up for 5 weeks. You could have participated in the kibble changes if you are on PC. They did a great job about listening to feedback on S+ and kibble.

Glad they did so much for PC. Of course console got nothing, and no word on the final recipes. We still don’t know 100% what they are or if they actually work until someone gets the update and tries them. 

Would have been nice to have a week to prepare and more details. Instead I may have just got the shaft because I missed one day, and can’t get on before the update to save my eggs from the massive downgrade. For all anyone really knew, we were weeks out before console got the updates. 

1 hour ago, ArkP1 said:

Do you have a more reliable source? The wiki varies on accuracy. 

Are you aware of official info from WC? Otherwise, I’m not interested. 

I've tested all of the recipes and I can tell you they are correct, unless they were changed last minute. Just because I'm not part of wildcard doesn't mean I didn't input the right values.

Just now, AdligerAdler said:

Does that mean I can get rid of a lot of dinos now? The lag and amount of food they need is annoying.

I hope with S+ lets us build walls into the ground. So ugly when you build walls down from a ceiling and can't close the gap.

DisableStructureColission and also yes, tons of dinos are a bit unnecessary now since you only need one type for each type of kibble respectively.