Community Crunch 171: ARK Stream & Homestead Update Tomorrow!

Jen

On 3/13/2019 at 8:08 PM, Six09 said:

The kibbles have all changed. We tried using turtle kibble just after the change was in effect to tame a karikinos and it took the taming efficiency down to 66% after it ate almost all the kibble it had said was required. But I’m talking about if you raise a Dino. If it asks for a kibble you don’t have made up, you now can’t make the kibble. So if my juv mega wants a spino kibble and I don’t have it made, I have to pod it and pray it’s imprint changes to something I do have on hand, a cuddle, or a walk. Now that they’ve cancelled out the old kibble and haven’t changed how imprints handle kibble, you have a slight set back.

It’s not a “slight” setback; it’s a significant one. Weeks and weeks of saving eggs and we are back to square one, like starting over, to tame a Griffin. We did everything we could to prepare, including making the imprint kibbles ahead of time. What we could not have predicted is that they would literally devalue all the work we had done besides. 

Who ever asked for a rework? What purpose was it ever supposed to server?  All it has done is eliminate the logical progression of the game, devalue eggs, and disrupt the balance between the difficulty and usefulness of tames. 

14 hours ago, Torrent said:

" Fence supports for level walls "

How do you get these to line up? The internet says "G" but it seems to only be talking about the old mod and not the Homestead update because I can't get these to work.

If you are crouched down and staring straight toward your last fence support with wall attached you can snap the next one to it in a straight line. But it's super picky. Make sure you place a wall on the previous support, otherwise if you do all your supports first and then attach walls they will all be in the way of one another. 

And you're limited by how much of an incline. It's only for mildly crooked areas. You're also left with lots of space at the bottom where wild dinos and people can sneak in. IMO fence supports are a waste. 

Edited by Calabash

On 3/18/2019 at 8:32 AM, ArkP1 said:

It’s not a “slight” setback; it’s a significant one. Weeks and weeks of saving eggs and we are back to square one, like starting over, to tame a Griffin. We did everything we could to prepare, including making the imprint kibbles ahead of time. What we could not have predicted is that they would literally devalue all the work we had done besides. 

Who ever asked for a rework? What purpose was it ever supposed to server?  All it has done is eliminate the logical progression of the game, devalue eggs, and disrupt the balance between the difficulty and usefulness of tames. 

You’re right. Slight wasnt the proper word. Major, monumental, egregious.... I already put in a ticket about the issue of the kibble rework and not changing how imprints go... let’s see how long this will take to be fixed.

Edited by Six09

• 3 weeks later...

There is now a demo glitch between removing pillars and nearby Stone fence supports and anything attached to them getting demolished. Nearby, as in, several spaces away.

I placed some pillars in one square, sunk them and took out the topmost one. When I did that I had 5 supports, 5 4x1 stone walls, and 5 ceilings atop as well as a hatch frame, ladders, and stone railings that were removed. They were approximately 4 squares away and then beyond that. The pillars and nearby structures are still intact. 

Also there is another glitch with the fence supports. Before, you had to crouch to place them in a straight line and it was kind of picky. Now you cannot even place them on a connecting support. The reason? It needs a nearby support. Um, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't stone fence supports a SUPPORT?? 

Dear Ark, instead of adding new crap that we don't really need or doesn't work, perhaps you should try working on all the glitches, and let's add crashes to that too.