Community Crunch 171: ARK Stream & Homestead Update Tomorrow!

Jen

Currently building the S+ Victorian Style Mansion with the attached greenhouse and telescope tower. Ran into a bug where I couldn't attach triangle greenhouse ceiling onto the the triangle greenhouse roof. I can attach a regular greenhouse ceiling to it, but not the triangle greenhouse ceiling. So I'm unable to complete the greenhouse. And I wasn't able to build the telescope either. The triangle ceiling wouldn't attach to the triangle roof like it does in his build video. Please patch this soon.

Hi WC team if u guys read this please fix the lag in all server but for now I talk in particular of 861 SE server we can't farm anything there we walk few sec and lag another few steps and lag again and I dc a lot. And today I was on one meat run and my giga with lag literally fly lol I almost loose them.

hope u guys fix this very fast or we can't play ark this way.

ty 

P.S.: im a ps4 player and play every day and I like very mutch this game but this way I'm thinking stop playing.

Edited by SaraVieira

anyone know why golems and most passive ab tames won't take the new kib on Xbox I've posted captures on  ark survivors club of me feeding a 150 golem wyvern egg kib like is required and ended up having to kill a wyv to get sulfur to tame it also feather lights won't take their kib either I'll update if I find more Dino's that won't eat the new kib 

We have been arked thanks to this stupid update Monday my Managarmrs gave birth to two sets of twins we had a set of lvl 191 which was a boy and a girl and we also had a set of lvl 195 twins that was also a boy and a girl we started having issues with the internet so we cryopoded all four babies we just took them out to start raising them this morning and my level 191 girl has turned into a boy so now instead of having two females and two males I have three males and a female can u please fix this

14 hours ago, quillnlead said:

I dunno if this is because of the patches, but did anyone else's explorer note list become blank? Like only showing the names of the authors but not showing any boxes where notes would go? 

same here, and that's not the first time. And not the second time...
I have forgeted the idee of completing it one day...

18 hours ago, Nuggie said:

Put in a support ticket. They will reimburse your levels to your new survivor (don't forget to style it how you want it).

How and where do I put in a support ticket and what happens to our tribe he was the owner and many of our Dino's was owned to him so now we can't even unclaim them to anyone because his character is gone

Great news. Kibble table has been reworked making it even easier to tame! All of your kibble will still work but you won’t be able to make the old kibble anymore. Sack of crap lie as usual. Old kibble doesn’t work. Thanks for the waste of time. Your game continues to get worse by the second. Your career is a joke. Why don’t you go load trash or something? Oh, wait, you do. Into the game. 

StructurePickupHoldDuration 

Where is this for Xbox users in server settings? I would really hope that you would make that configuration an option for Xbox hosted servers as well.

The current patch has no option for this and I’ve been hoping this was just over site, but the way things are written in patch notes really got my hopes up this would be a thing for my home server. 

@Jen  Would it be possible to get any word on this? :)

6 hours ago, SueEllen8679 said:

How and where do I put in a support ticket and what happens to our tribe he was the owner and many of our Dino's was owned to him so now we can't even unclaim them to anyone because his character is gone

https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us/sections/203788097-Survivor-Issues?mobile_site=true

They have the commands to change dino owners I believe. As well as making new tribe owners.

The extraordinary kibble is completely unreasonable to make. It takes anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes of dedicated time to hunting fish with a hesperornis. The egg spoils in 30 minutes (and DOESN’T STACK) so each egg must be made into kibble once it is obtained. To make it even more unreasonable, it requires honey, which spoils even faster, and mutton which is extremely rare, if not, usually unobtainable by most players on the island. The recipe also takes an extremely long time to cook into kibble form.

Any one of these ingredients, in and of itself, would have been enough to make this kibble a hassle, but all of them combined just makes it ridiculous. A quick global chat survey, on several servers, revealed that almost no players are bothering with the kibble, and those that are say they tried for golden eggs, but gave up the GRIND after about 2 or less. 

Additionally, the chili in the exceptional kibble makes it unreasonable for any player below level 89 to make. The abundance of ingredients is overwhelming for the cooking pot, and that’s well before even adding the egg and redundancy of the other ingredients. This seems especially problematic for PvP players, where the once reasonable steps for kibble taming an essential rex, is now almost impossible. While even using the industrial cooker takes a significant amount of time, making the chili and kibble in a regular cooking pot can require nearly an hour of standing. The chili’s limited benefit (especially in PvP) also leaves the player with a largely unusable resource that is prohibitive to make ahead of time, and unreasonable to make at the time of crafting the completed kibble. 

One suggestion, for consideration should be to return to the original recipes for Extinction’s augmented kibble, and just simply add red and blue sap or gems to the possible resources dropped by tek dinos. The new kibble system needs a lot of work.

Hey Jen when is Wildcard going to fix ps4 dedicated servers? I host a dedicated server for me and my friends to play on and we can't change maps without restarting our characters. In other words we loose the learned tek gear we learned from playing on the island, we loose all the locked gear from Scorched when transferring Etc. 

Picking up structures doesn't work with one swift click. You can no longer walk up to something just placed and press Y. You have to hold Y down and slide up to select. Not convenient at all, especially with the garbage lag Wildcard refuses to address. So if you have 5 seconds left in your countdown, don't even bother picking the structure back up. By the time you've made your selection the timer runs out. 

Xbox One server Ragnarok PVE-NA-167. 

On 3/8/2019 at 12:43 PM, ArkP1 said:

Wait, what?!? Are you sure? You mean the kibbles we did already have made can’t even be used to tame what they were for before? Is there somewhere this is mentioned officially? 

If this is true, we are even worse off now than I thought. WC really hurt us with this one. 

The kibbles have all changed. We tried using turtle kibble just after the change was in effect to tame a karikinos and it took the taming efficiency down to 66% after it ate almost all the kibble it had said was required. But I’m talking about if you raise a Dino. If it asks for a kibble you don’t have made up, you now can’t make the kibble. So if my juv mega wants a spino kibble and I don’t have it made, I have to pod it and pray it’s imprint changes to something I do have on hand, a cuddle, or a walk. Now that they’ve cancelled out the old kibble and haven’t changed how imprints handle kibble, you have a slight set back.

Edited by Six09

I like the new kibble system but it seems inconsistent and Jen's post contradicts itself. It specifically says, "Creatures prefer their category of Kibble or above". For the most part the list that follows is accurate, i.e. Argentavis Eggs make Superior Kibble and Argies prefer Superior Kibble (or better).

However, that's not true with all dinos. According to the list Pteranodon Eggs make Simple Kibble, but Pteranodons prefer Regular Kibble which is a tier above Simple. Same with Spinos, their eggs make Superior Kibble but Spinos prefer Exceptional Kibble.

Are these typos? Is this some (IMO) weird attempt at balancing? What gives?

Finally, I too think the need for golden eggs to make Extraordinary Kibble is ridiculous considering some of the creatures that prefer Extraordinary Kibble.