Community Crunch 171: ARK Stream & Homestead Update Tomorrow!

Jen

On 3/6/2019 at 11:04 AM, Swedje said:

My gues is you have a clone floating in the network. start ark just join any official server. then it will ask you to download your char. download it. logout of the server and go to the server with your main char. you should be able to travel again!

dont have a character in the download so idk what ro do but check other servers 

On 3/6/2019 at 11:04 AM, Swedje said:

My gues is you have a clone floating in the network. start ark just join any official server. then it will ask you to download your char. download it. logout of the server and go to the server with your main char. you should be able to travel again!

So, I like the S+ stuff so, but I have so many issues with it already...

It wasn't AS bad before, but since the update, structures don't seem to want to snap properly at ALL. Attempting to place triangle roofs at certain angles, even having the game show you its going to place in that very spot, but change IMMEDIATELY when placed so its in a completely different spot or direction and having to pick up the structures every time you screw up is absolutely annoying.

And, while reading patch notes, I noticed the Managarmr has been getting hit with nerf after nerf. I don't understand why Wildcare adds cool creatures into the game, and then nerfs them to absolute uselessness. Velos aren't capable for killing Gigas anymore, which were honestly VERY useful again wild gigas. So, since their nerf, MANY people in my server have either stopped looking, stopped breeding, and have killed off the ones they had. Now, with the Managarmr nerf, they're doing the same thing to them, calling them "decoration tames" rather than actual support tames.

It's rather quite sad to be honest... I loved the Manas, but since this nerf, even I don't find a need for them anymore, and I play pve. No use breeding and selling them to the pvp players on my server if they don't do any damage. Nobody ever really used them for travel either since their stam consumption for boosts were heavily nerfed as well.

Tried swimming a hesperornis for golden eggs, and after an hour and 5 normal eggs, I got one golden egg, just to realize you also have to be lucky enough to find an ovis (one of the rarest creatures on the island) on top of having a supply of honey. What a complete joke. 

Going through my egg supply, the level of devaluation that WC forced on me WITHOUT any reasonable amount of notice, changing the recipes last minute, and setting me back significantly I’m really feeling this game is going DOWNHILL fast and Wildcard doesn’t care about their players or the time they’ve put into the game. 

My tribe has just recently gotten to the point that we are starting to get to “endgame” level, but it feels more like GAME OVER, because after all the time it took to be prepared to get the tames we want, it just feels like a waste of time to have to start completely over. 

Thanks a lot for ruining all my time and effort Wildcard. Atlas is a stupid game and you’re ruining the best game you’ll ever make, and you might as well change your name to Bethesda. Really wish you guys would get your head out of your...

P.S. Just found out we have to do the bosses over again to unlock the new tek engrams too. Really feels like you guys want people to quit playing out of frustration. 

Edited by ArkP1

Im not sure if i got the same update as everyone else but im loving it! 

I havent noticed any more lag than usual or DC more than before, the new building items is great, looking forward to being able to build more stuff that arnt boxes with a nice roof !.

sure some of the snap points in s+ needs attention but its ok so far.

like being able to put a normal sloped roof next to the triangle slops without needing to put ceilings then a sloped wall first. 

kibble rework is great for me so far, im a solo tribe and it means i can use kibble to tame most things now, i dont need to grind and get 200 kibble dino isntead ! 

On 3/6/2019 at 11:10 AM, Bearbrat said:

What if we have old kibble, wonder if they will eat it..

We had a fear this would happen as we never really saw anyone talk about imprinting.  I saw more of what they should do to the kibble than anything else.

Thanks for chiming in and answering..  Very much appreciated!    Guess we will just have to do the work arounds.. 

For imprints, they’ll eat the old kibble if you have it. But if you use that same kibble to tame, you have to see what it classifies as now with the new kibble. Crabs took turtle kibble, now turtle kibble does nothing to tame a crab.

1 hour ago, DauntingBeef08 said:

Im not sure if i got the same update as everyone else but im loving it! 

I havent noticed any more lag than usual or DC more than before, the new building items is great, looking forward to being able to build more stuff that arnt boxes with a nice roof !.

sure some of the snap points in s+ needs attention but its ok so far.

like being able to put a normal sloped roof next to the triangle slops without needing to put ceilings then a sloped wall first. 

kibble rework is great for me so far, im a solo tribe and it means i can use kibble to tame most things now, i dont need to grind and get 200 kibble dino isntead ! 

Not sure how you’ve escaped the lag, because every server I play on is freeze, lag, freeze, lag, but glad it didn’t degrade your experience.

As far as kibble goes, it might be an improvement for newer players, but players that have been longtime supporters and worked a hard long time to build up to being able to tame something like a griffin, rock elemental or max level thyla, for instance, just had all our time and effort flushed down the drain. We literally have hundreds of eggs to tame things we no longer need or want, but NOT ONE for the things we were saving up for. 

If they had just given reasonable notice and posted the final recipes ahead, we wouldn’t have lost so much. The way they did it, we might as well have just been wiped because I don’t have motivation to start completely over when it took so long to get what we HAD.

1 hour ago, Six09 said:

For imprints, they’ll eat the old kibble if you have it. But if you use that same kibble to tame, you have to see what it classifies as now with the new kibble. Crabs took turtle kibble, now turtle kibble does nothing to tame a crab.

Wait, what?!? Are you sure? You mean the kibbles we did already have made can’t even be used to tame what they were for before? Is there somewhere this is mentioned officially? 

If this is true, we are even worse off now than I thought. WC really hurt us with this one. 

47 minutes ago, ArkP1 said:

Wait, what?!? Are you sure? You mean the kibbles we did already have made can’t even be used to tame what they were for before? Is there somewhere this is mentioned officially?

I play on a Legacy PrimPVE, and tried the tameing.

The old kibbbles have a colorous outline, use them as the color and the new needs tell you.
I mean I knocked out a Carbonermis (what needs Regular kibble now), and feed various kibbles with it. Ankylo, Carno, Terror Bird,  Stego and Pachyrhinosaurus kibble works fine, with high efficiency. All they have blue outline.

I have no experience on imprint yet.

Just a heads up, I help run a small unofficial server on the island and thus far the work has been that taming with the new kibble works, as does imprinting. 

A few of the tribes have already begun rebuilding with the new materials and it seems to be working. 

Love the dedicated storage. 

Only minor complaint would be that there is some lag going on right now. Nothing game breaking for us though.

So thank you for all the wonderful item inclusions. We can't wait to see what you will be working on next.  ?

On that note, though they be only rumors, I did read about a possible fan mod map making it to consoles, is there a chance that may be true? 

44 minutes ago, Madaj said:

I play on a Legacy PrimPVE, and tried the tameing.

The old kibbbles have a colorous outline, use them as the color and the new needs tell you.
I mean I knocked out a Carbonermis (what needs Regular kibble now), and feed various kibbles with it. Ankylo, Carno, Terror Bird,  Stego and Pachyrhinosaurus kibble works fine, with high efficiency. All they have blue outline.

I have no experience on imprint yet.

What I am wondering is if I have dilo kibble, for instance, will it still work to tame an anky or doed?

Most of our allo eggs were not cooked into kibble yet, for example, but we did have a few premade. We’ve been saving eggs a while now in hopes of being able to go to Ragnarok and tame some griffins. We might have enough for one, but if the old kibble that is already made doesn’t work, we won’t even be able to get one. This already sets us back significantly because I don’t see us having any chance of making the RIDICULOUS kibble recipe they changed it to, so what we have is probably all we will have, and I’m about done with this game. 

6 minutes ago, ArkP1 said:

What I am wondering is if I have dilo kibble, for instance, will it still work to tame an anky or doed?

Most of our allo eggs were not cooked into kibble yet, for example, but we did have a few premade. We’ve been saving eggs a while now in hopes of being able to go to Ragnarok and tame some griffins. We might have enough for one, but if the old kibble that is already made doesn’t work, we won’t even be able to get one. This already sets us back significantly because I don’t see us having any chance of making the RIDICULOUS kibble recipe they changed it to, so what we have is probably all we will have, and I’m about done with this game.

The Dilo kibble now counts as Basic kibble, it can be used to tame: Dilo, Dodo, Kairuku, Lystrosaurus, Mesopithecus, Parasaur and Phiomia.

If you cooked the Allo eggs into kibble before, they count now as Superior kibble. You can use them to tame: Allosaurus, Argentavis, Castoroides, Daeodon, Direbear, Direwolf, Gasbags, Dunkleosteus, Mammoth, Megalodon, Megalosaurus, Megatherium, Paracer, Plesiosaur and Snow Owl.

Hey when is primal survival coming into ark also is crystal isles still sponsored and when is it coming to console. Plz add more tek saddles especially for argent and mana and maybe velano. Also since when can Dino’s not be able to hold artifacts in them done cave run today  could not hold the all artitaft. Also is this update our the same day for Australia and if so when is it coming to PS4 I only gonna have a few days to update it. Ps i am Australian in Australia. Thx kodking out

28 minutes ago, Madaj said:

The Dilo kibble now counts as Basic kibble, it can be used to tame: Dilo, Dodo, Kairuku, Lystrosaurus, Mesopithecus, Parasaur and Phiomia.

If you cooked the Allo eggs into kibble before, they count now as Superior kibble. You can use them to tame: Allosaurus, Argentavis, Castoroides, Daeodon, Direbear, Direwolf, Gasbags, Dunkleosteus, Mammoth, Megalodon, Megalosaurus, Megatherium, Paracer, Plesiosaur and Snow Owl.

Yeah, I know. That information is readily available. What I want to know is if the old kibbles work to tame the dinos the old kibble was designated for, like the way they still worked in the beta if you had them premade. I’m wondering if they totally screwed us or just mostly. 

It’s okay to not know something, and also okay to say you don’t know, but thanks anyway.

39 minutes ago, ArkP1 said:

What I want to know is if the old kibbles work to tame the dinos the old kibble was designated for, like the way they still worked in the beta if you had them premade. I’m wondering if they totally screwed us or just mostly.

It’s okay to not know something, and also okay to say you don’t know, but thanks anyway.

So, i tried it.

Dilo kibble on:
Doed: lvl 80, lost 100 food, eff: 99.7%, Tame bar: 0.4%
Anky: lvl 135, lost 100 food, eff: 99.7%, Tame bar: 0.8%
Patchy: lvl 20, lost 100 food, eff: 24.9%, Tame bar: 2.7%

with x2 tame bonus.

50 minutes ago, Madaj said:

So, i tried it.

Dilo kibble on:
Doed: lvl 80, lost 100 food, eff: 99.7%, Tame bar: 0.4%
Anky: lvl 135, lost 100 food, eff: 99.7%, Tame bar: 0.8%
Patchy: lvl 20, lost 100 food, eff: 24.9%, Tame bar: 2.7%

with x2 tame bonus.

I tried taming a terror bird with galli kibble and got similar results. Dropped in some troodon kibble (one of the eggs for the new kibble) and it worked great. So old kibbles won't tame what they previously had, but can be used in the new classification.

I don't know how you guys did but you managed to raptor up a perfectly good building mod ..... For example the fence supports don't snap in a straight line!  How the raptor can you call call it a fence if it can't be straight? The fence supports should be able to snap next to each other but they don't. Please fix this.

Edited by SaltCityDrifter