Community Crunch 171: ARK Stream & Homestead Update Tomorrow!

Jen

Great update guys... But I'm already seeing a problem with the extraordinary kibble, on the the thylacoleo. It should only take 3 to 4 kibble to tame at max level. Unfortunately, it is only moving the taming bar 1.6% for every kibble consumed which is about the same as the cooked lamb chops or maybe worse. I've tamed a lot of thyla's with the old Titanboa kibble and it worked great I didn't lose any taming effectiveness but with the new kibble it was losing levels just like it was eating cooked lamb chops . I hope this makes sense.. Keep up the good work guys.

Just now, SaltCityDrifter said:

Great update guys... But I'm already seeing a problem with the extraordinary kibble, on the the thylacoleo. It should only take 3 to 4 kibble to tame at max level. Unfortunately, it is only moving the taming bar 1.6% for every kibble consumed which is about the same as the cooked lamb chops or maybe worse. I've tamed a lot of thyla's with the old Titanboa kibble and it worked great I didn't lose any taming effectiveness but with the new kibble it was losing levels just like it was eating cooked lamb chops . I hope this makes sense.. Keep up the good work guys.

Btw I'm on single player at 6x taming speed Xbox one

The update is awesome but it seem to break one of my favorite mod :'(
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=643684973

In the mod, we can't place door in the frame anymore since the update

You added double door but they don't have automatics open feature like Structure+ and you also need to add bigger doors.

On 3/6/2019 at 5:09 PM, wja.esterhuysen said:

Please note that ARK is now super freeze broken. This is a example of how important it can be to do a rollback in IT for deployments. Im wondering if this was staged intentionally to make players play other newer games from Wildcard?

yeah it's completely broken at the moment can't farm meat so all babies are dead. Thx WC for another poopty update.

Edited by chyarr

I hope the devs see this. I currently play single player on PS4 and have experienced several bugs since the update. All my current kibble has changed look but not name, and doesn't work for taming anything. For example my pulminoscorpius kibble still has the name but is blue, however it is useless in taming rexs or any dino that requires regular kibble. Another problem is that I can't craft the new kibble, it just sits there in the cooker and doesn't do anything. I've looked up the kibble requirements and I am using exactly what I need but it just won't craft. Can't we just have a little check box option to use legacy kibble in single player? I don't see how that would hurt anybody.

Edited by frost298

Guest EnergyDrink

To tame a karkinos you need to either use eggs that dont exist on Aberation map, or use eggs from a basilisk, which taming a basilisks you need to have fert Rock drake eggs stolen from the trench....

so to have a basic Farming dino you need to first get rock drake eggs > tame a bunch of female basilisk ( because they lay eggs very slowly) and then cook a Kibble which requires Prime Fish meat, which is also impossible to get on Aberation map (except fishing..which is a random luck).

TL;DR; To Tame a Karkinos you now have to have fert rock drake eggs + basilisk farm + prime fish meat which is impossible to get on map.

On 3/5/2019 at 8:04 PM, Mercylover93 said:

The Basilisk egg is part of that group. So it basically means you need to have Basilisks or find eggs to get A perfect tamed Karkinos now. 

It seems Aberration always gets the least amount of love. You can’t even take owls there, which efficient gacha production is reliant upon. 

They really slapped everyone in the face that has been playing for a while and saving specific eggs for difficult tames. Before this update, we had eggs to make kibble for virtually every creature except Yuty, because the golden egg mechanic is ridiculous and unnecessarily difficult. Now, we are set back because they just DOWNGRADED our egg supply so much and without giving any reasonable amount of notice. We will probably not ever be able to tame a crab, griffin, thyla or rock elemental again or for the first time in some cases. 

The original kibble tree was logical, fit the progression of the game and was appropriate or the difficulty and type of tame. The new kibble system looks like it was a draft that was rightfully rejected for its foolishness. This is the most regressive update I’ve seen on Ark.

The game LAGS even worse ever since they decided to make the game worse with this last update. The only hope that is left is the possibility that this update was really just a disgruntled employee sabotaging the game, and that it will eventually be fixed returning it to its previous playable state. 

Stop turning your game into a dumpster fire Wildcard.

13 hours ago, Weiss said:

Someone mentioned removing all the mats and putting them back into the cooker will let you craft the new kibble, did you test that? 

Cookers were empty before starting. It seems some people haven’t had issues, some have. My real issue currently is not even replacing, but not being able to place the cooker anywhere in my building because it won’t mesh with the old pipework without clashing with the floors or ceilings.

I can understand the rationale in wanting to simplify the kibble mechanism perhaps for new players but as a massive part of the game is fuelled around kibble creation and the processes required to do this, changing it so significantly has a massive impact on players set up for the current system.

I suspect that as wildcard look to extend the game, with more creatures and features, the complexity of continuing to expand the kibble tree was seen as more complexity than they wished to manage.

Even though the old system was compex, it worked. The new system hasn’t had time to be tested and will uncover more and more problems as we go along. Sadly they have likely put too much effort into this patch to ever consider a roll-back. I wish they did because right now, I might as well tear down my entire kibble farm, kill half my dinos, and start over. And I’m not even playing at high levels. Don’t even want to think what impact this has on the really big players.

Edited by Zoglet

The new kibble system is trash. Taming a Giga easier than a Thylaco? The only dinos that should need a gold egg are Yuti and Giga. Anything else is stupid. Doesn’t the gold egg decay in like ten minutes? Ruined all my planned tames with this junk.

Boo WC, just boo.

Edit: So fed up with you guys breaking the kibble that I forgot to mention everybody is dcding and lagging to infinity. Your game is real broke right now. You broke it. It is broke. 

Edited by Twenty

So “all survivors” but not actually cuz who cares about the switch version that cost 50$ and the only update from you so far was to remove my server that I spent nearly 1k hours on. Oh and now I can’t use any kibble database because they all have the reworked kibble charts

Makes sense to me, make the worse game worse and the better one better.

2 hours ago, DragonLadie said:

The extroadinary augmented kibble need other eggs not eggs we cant come by . :(

Yeah, it does, just like the snakes I didn’t even want and only went through the drag of taming because THEY SAID it was going to be for that kibble. Only got 5 eggs from them in weeks and have to feed them eggs but that’s okay because they’re basically useless now. That was the only chance I would have for the tames on the list because I tried to swim a duck for almost an hour before I ever saw a gold egg and it decayed before I could get the recipe to make a kibble. Duck killed by a fish. I gave up on ever kibble taming a yuti a long time ago, now I guess I can give up on ever getting a griff or thylco too. It like they’re trying to make the game impossible for newer players and I feel bad for people that had saved up good eggs that are no good now. Might as well give up on Ark but I’m not playing the stupid sea of thieves ripoff. I’ll just say this used to be a good game, sorry for people playing it now.