Community Crunch 171: ARK Stream & Homestead Update Tomorrow!

Jen

16 hours ago, Six09 said:

It doesn’t work. Dino asking for trike egg and you can’t make it

What if we have old kibble, wonder if they will eat it..

We had a fear this would happen as we never really saw anyone talk about imprinting.  I saw more of what they should do to the kibble than anything else.

Thanks for chiming in and answering..  Very much appreciated!    Guess we will just have to do the work arounds.. 

Edited by Bearbrat

Good morning

Have some questions regarding the new kibble system and a "different but kinda related question" at the end:

• How many units of a certain kibble do we need to tame a dinosaur?

For example, to tame a 150 griffin you needed 22 units of Allosaurus kibble (according to Dododex and the Official Ark Website). Will that number be the same to tame that same griffin but using in this case Extraordinary Kibble? As there no updated information on both websites about those values.

• What will happen with the Extinction Augmented kibble when taming Extinction creatures?

In one page of the official Ark shows that Extinction creatures will require the new kibble system to be tamed (for example an Managarmr requires Exceptional kibble), but in the other (also from the official Ark) it remains the information about the Extinction Augmented kibble and the need of Extinction creatures to be tamed with them (Managarmr requires Exceptional Augmented or Extraordinary Augmented to be tamed).

• Why didn't you leave at least a little the "tree system" regarding taming maybe to facilitate it a bit?

You're new in the game and you want to tame a parasaur. If I want a good one I will have to first tame a parasaur (imagine you don't have the other very small egg dinos available) and you have to wait (in this example, we will tame 2 level 150 parasaurs) 1 hour 3 minutes and 54 seconds using mejoberries for the first one (a female to get eggs), wait I don't know how many hours for her to lay enough eggs (we don't know how much will be required to tame the other parasaur using the basic kibble) plus the time we will have to wait to tame that new parasaur using basic kibble. No big deal, right? Returning to the "real Ark world" we can just tame a couple of dodos, wait for the eggs and that's it.

What about the big boys? (Giga, Bronto, Mana, Basilo, Karki, Mosa, Rex, Quetz, Theri and Spino, including Tek variants for Rex and Quetz). They all require Exceptional kibble which means eggs from any of them only, including Basilisk (only Aberration) and Yutyrannus (which requires Extraordinary kibble now).

Let's make some examples assuming you're a new player (high level dinosaurs and using kibble only):

Case 1: I want a lvl 150 giga, found one but can't tame it. I will have to find and tame a couple of yutyrannus (let's go with lvl 150 too). As I don't have the Extraordinary kibble for them either, I will use raw mutton (which according to dododex, has lost a lot of taming effectiveness (in the past, raw mutton effectiveness was almost equal to the Kentrosaurus kibble when taming a Yutyrannus, not anymore, you will lose 12 levels). As I'm taming a couple with that mutton I will spend 5 hours and 28 minutes waiting to starve them before I give them the mutton. Done, tamed!!! Now I have to wait I don't know how many hours more to get the eggs I need to make the Exceptional kibble required to tame that giga plus the time I will have to wait after a hard battle knocking that giga out to tame it. Only in taming (assuming the times will remain the same with the new kibble system) you will have to spend 7 hours 41 minutes and 11 seconds (add to that time the one finding the dinos plus the knocking out process plus the waiting for laying eggs and gathering the other resources to make the kibble).

Case 2: Same giga I want, but can't tame a Yutyrannus (can't have a basilisk too). But I want a good giga, so I will go for a couple (no choice). Will tame the first giga using mutton: 2 hours 55 minutes and 31 seconds of waiting after quite a while of fighting for the knockout. Was a female, now wait a lot and I mean A LOT (Gigas don't lay eggs that easily and we all know it). Assuming the kibble numbers will remain the same, we'll need 37 eggs to tame a new giga using kibble. Will spent 2 hours, 13 minutes and 11 seconds with the new one plus the time I took to knock him out. Approximately 5 hours 8 minutes and 42 seconds just in taming (add fighting, making kibble, waiting for the eggs).

Case 3: Same giga but is too tough for me, so I will tame another dino of the same kind (of eggs) to make that kibble. Will go for a lvl 150 therizino couple for those eggs. Ok, easy right? You will spend on that couple 20 hours 33 minutes and 36 seconds taming them (you don't have the kibble, which is also Exceptional for them). After that, spend hours waiting for the eggs plus the finding of your giga plus the fighting plus the taming. A LOT! Just in taming, the therizinos plus the fighting you spend almost a complete day.

Regardless of the scenario, the new kibble system in a way helps to maintain the dino tame server capping. How many brontos will you have to tame to get eggs just for taming a giga? (Taking the bronto because it will be the "easiest" dino of the "big boys" available for taming). Even with having oviraptors, those extra large eggs are really hard to get (I don't have what you call kibble/egg farms, but I've seen how they work and I've seen the pain of getting those big eggs).

This is a separate topic but nonetheless important and in a way related to the kibble system made to prevent "tame capping": Also, what will you do with the players and so called big alpha tribes that right now have 100+ copies of a specific dino and not only that, they also pillar the entire maps (different DLC's) and always use the crappy even racist excuse of "new players can't be in OUR SERVER" with harassment and stuff like that to continue with their (sorry for the following) douche bag behavior?

Sorry to all if it is too long.

Kind regards.

Good morning

Have some questions regarding the new kibble system and a "different but kinda related question" at the end:

• How many units of a certain kibble do we need to tame a dinosaur?

For example, to tame a 150 griffin you needed 22 units of Allosaurus kibble (according to Dododex and the Official Ark Website). Will that number be the same to tame that same griffin but using in this case Extraordinary Kibble? As there no updated information on both websites about those values.

We tamed a couple megalodons last night and they ate the same amount of kibble as they would with the old kibble system. That is the extent of any testing I have done due to ark being pretty much unplayable at the moment.

Firstly, thanks to everyone at wildcard for all their hard efforts at bringing these changes (and fixes) to us the players. I managed to find and watch the twitch stream which was very interesting. Warning to others, fifteen minutes of “starting soon” at the beginning so fast forward required.

I would also like to thank you guys, especially deva, for participating in this live stream. You answered a lot of questions just in asides that were useful to understand, especially around performance limitations on consoles that I always suspected but never had formally confirmed. As a personal message, we appreciate the massive undertaking that it must be not only to manage such a massively complex code base but also to then branch it out to so many different hardware solutions, I can’t even imagine the amount of work, but I’m smart enough to understand and rationalise the limitations if they are explained to me. Please feel free to include more of this.

Still a little unsure of the kibble rework, more really on the menus, if they effectively remain the same per egg or are simplified, I’m sure i’ll find that out elsewhere. Also I guess the business relating to tek stuff is still a way to go for me as a single player, as I haven’t even approached the idea of a boss fight yet. Losing everything I have for the hope of getting a new cupboard type is likely a bridge too far. It would be so nice just to have a couple of extra sort and move options on the standard container inventory UI.

Anyway, again, props for the release, props for the fixes, props for taking the time to talk to us about them, and to end on the same note as the stream, dinosaurs never die, but they raptoring might as well if you’re using a transponder to try and keep track of em ?

Cheers all

Didn't make any of the new kibbles, just checked the official Ark wikia; the new kibbles spoiling in only 2 minutes?
If that's true, this makes near to impossible to keep extras for imprint or when you find a dino and noone from the tribe is on, not including need to have a quetz with generator/fridge to carry kibs to the dino...  :C

Hi all,

we all sow that WC don't think very well about the new kibbles, please WC be more explicit about recipe for eatch kibble and hm we need for tame in certen level like levels between 0-50lv / 50-100lv / 100-150lv maybe more easy that way, at least for now then with time u guys see other better ways but please fix all the questions and errors about the new kibbles before the weekend event for all players can tame Dino's.

So just to clarify, will S+ be maintained by WildCard or by the player for the console?

One of my biggest fears is that S+ may end up like Prim + on console with bugs that are needing fixed, but haven't been. Don't get me wrong, I am excited for S+. I ended up liking Prim +, but there are several things that need fixing.

Is imprinting still broken? Would like to continue breeding on my days off work but already wasted a Thyla that wanted kibble we can't make anymore.

Game seems a lot more stable today than last night and thank you for working on that, although i haven't gotten on Rag yet, which was unplayable last night even with 3 people on an official server. 

Can we get some type of update that you guys are at least working on the other many problems this patch has caused? Its currently 3 degrees outside so some of us can't just go for a walk in the park while this is sorted out.

• Thanks 1

Warning to XBox players (at least). Your existing industrial cookers won’t make the new kibble. The solution offered elsewhere was demolish and rebuild cooker. Although this does work, the new cooker will not snap to the original position (at least for me) so I have not yet been able to place it in my building in a usable position. Unless the cost of rebuilding and relocating won’t bother you, be very careful before you start tearing stuff down.

11 minutes ago, Zoglet said:

Warning to XBox players (at least). Your existing industrial cookers won’t make the new kibble. The solution offered elsewhere was demolish and rebuild cooker. Although this does work, the new cooker will not snap to the original position (at least for me) so I have not yet been able to place it in my building in a usable position. Unless the cost of rebuilding and relocating won’t bother you, be very careful before you start tearing stuff down.

Making kibble right now with old cooker. The recipes have changed.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Lag4sale said:

Making kibble right now with old cooker. The recipes have changed.

I tried the new recipes and the old ones with a number of egg types, eg ankylo, baryonyx, diplo, carno, stego, turtle for regular kibble. Didn’t work. retried it with a new built cooker and they all did. I tried this same test on both of the industrial cookers I have set up with same results. Additionally I’d also saved and restarted a number of times today since the update and before trying this. Glad to hear it works for you but it seems clear that the results aren’t consistent. None of that matters much now as both the old cookers are gone and I can’t place the new ones in usable positions inside my structure (test was done with cooker free floating mid air on an extended run of pipe).

Edited by Zoglet

7 hours ago, wja.esterhuysen said:

Please note that ARK is now super freeze broken. This is a example of how important it can be to do a rollback in IT for deployments. Im wondering if this was staged intentionally to make players play other newer games from Wildcard?

Ha! this game is still not stable after years.  not going to try that ark pirate dlc/ atlas game