Community Crunch 171: ARK Stream & Homestead Update Tomorrow!

Jen

1 hour ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

You bought a new computer to play a game that's already 2 years old? That's quite counter-productive. You should be buying for the future titles, not the ones you current bought long ago...

Now if a mod or a dev is going to reprimand me or anything over this post, I urge them to check 1) The bug report that's over a year old and has had NO DEV CONTRIBUTION... And 2) Check my submitted bug report, as it likely attributes to other bugs in the same manner.

In reply and not meaning so sound mean, but more to clarify.. I didnt look for bug reports prior to purchasing a computer and was unaware of the unreal issue.  I have played ark since DAY 1.. My laptop is getting tired, yet still plays like a champ.. we have two businesses and are very busy.  I wanted a new computer to play ark, so I bought one.  I don't have time to play many other games.. so I say, specifically for ARK at (clarifying) "THIS POINT IN TIME" ?as it is mainly the only game I play.   I do play occasionally SC and COD, but these are not CPU intensive.. So, I beg to differ.. not counter productive.. just want to see ark nice and clear as it should be and not as was being seen thru a GTX 560, 8ram laptop.  Was tired of 5 minute load times, NO, did not have an SSD..   Is there a BIG difference in what I see now compared to before?? HUGE.. helps to have a gaming monitor now too!..   Will this computer be used for future games.. Absolutely, if I find one I want to play..   I have only been gaming for about 35 years so I kind of think I understand why I bought the computer I did  for current and future uses, then again.. maybe not??  ? But I do appreciate your reply.. Thank You! ?

Clarification:  This computer was purchase specifically for gaming and nothing else.. 

Edited by Bearbrat

Guest BubbaCrawfish
43 minutes ago, Bearbrat said:

In reply and not meaning so sound mean, but more to clarify.. I didnt look for bug reports prior to purchasing a computer and was unaware of the unreal issue.  I have played ark since DAY 1.. My laptop is getting tired, yet still plays like a champ.. we have two businesses and are very busy.  I wanted a new computer to play ark, so I bought one.  I don't have time to play many other games.. so I say, specifically for ARK at (clarifying) "THIS POINT IN TIME" ?as it is mainly the only game I play.   I do play occasionally SC and COD, but these are not CPU intensive.. So, I beg to differ.. not counter productive.. just want to see ark nice and clear as it should be and not as was being seen thru a GTX 560, 8ram laptop.  Was tired of 5 minute load times, NO, did not have an SSD..   Is there a BIG difference in what I see now compared to before?? HUGE.. helps to have a gaming monitor now too!..   Will this computer be used for future games.. Absolutely, if I find one I want to play..   I have only been gaming for about 35 years so I kind of think I understand why I bought the computer I did  for current and future uses, then again.. maybe not??  ? But I do appreciate your reply.. Thank You! ?

Clarification:  This computer was purchase specifically for gaming and nothing else.. 

You contradict that entire spiel, by your previous statement, and your sign off...

You said you bought it specifically for ARK, then say you bought it for gaming.

The bug reports mentioning was directly to the devs and mods if they picked up on my off-topic pointing out to you that buying a PC for a year old game specifically, is counter-productive.

As for the bug reports, I've tagged devs to no avail... On a bug that causes anyone who plays with the windows live version which works with the XBox, that causes them to not render in good graphics, and looking horrid, regardless of the graphics capability you have, based solely on how far you are from the XBox user. Again, not an actual hardware issue, it's totally a game issue, and they haven't even looked at the bug report as there is no response from them, in over a year of it being 'reported'.

Maybe you didn't read my post that well...

Edited by BubbaCrawfish

Does anyone know if/how the kibble rework affects Daedon food recovery?

Also, are we really going to have to farm Golden Eggs to ensure 100% imprinting? I thought the kibble rework was all about "quality of life"? Someone mentioned you could cryopod dinos to "reset" their comfort request, but that seems problematic.

Really? Forges have been broken in Primitive Plus since the Valentine's day update, and now after an update and server reset and three weeks time, they still dont work? Never mind the missing brick structures that official has in metal, or that brick wasnt included in the new S+ update, or whatever else.. just please fix our forges, it can't be a hard fix, they were working before.

After all that work to tame a male and female troodon, now horses will only tame with carrots and troodon eggs are just Regular kibble? Can hyaenas please be knockout tames now, at least? The petting mechanic has been beyond broken, there have been multiple threads about the trial and tribulations of trying to tame them on a populated server with background lag always present.

EDIT: Just noticed Onyc now take kibble; Simple. Thanks for that.

Edited by HairyNevus

after this update the s+ mod is broken unable to snap anything s+ mod to anything, and also is making game freeze constantly on my UN-official  server.  I sure hope that they fix this soon as it is pretty game breaking, no one can build or do anything until this is fixed, I can't remove the mod as everyone's structures will disappear.  

1 hour ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

You contradict that entire spiel, by your previous statement, and your sign off...

You said you bought it specifically for ARK, then say you bought it for gaming.

The bug reports mentioning was directly to the devs and mods if they picked up on my off-topic pointing out to you that buying a PC for a year old game specifically, is counter-productive.

As for the bug reports, I've tagged devs to no avail... On a bug that causes anyone who plays with the windows live version which works with the XBox, that causes them to not render in good graphics, and looking horrid, regardless of the graphics capability you have, based solely on how far you are from the XBox user. Again, not an actual hardware issue, it's totally a game issue, and they haven't even looked at the bug report as there is no response from them, in over a year of it being 'reported'.

Maybe you didn't read my post that well...

I get it!!  ?  and I see your point..  and I misunderstood.. 

It is and was specifically purchased for Ark in mind..and truthfully bought a little more than I needed to make sure ARK would play.. while keeping in the back of my mind, if and when in the future another game comes out, then it will play it without issues (told myself to justify the extras on my purchase and the GPU I wanted).  

I do really appreciate your clarifications!!  

I too do not understand them not fixing the issues.. more and more people are going to get this GPU and will have the same issues.. it is sad my 560 plays better than this RTX, lol..

The Description Of The Tek Dedicated Storage Box Says You Can Use Tek Generator To Act As A Fridge Also When Using The Item But You Can’t Put Items That Has A Spoil Timer Inside Of The Dedicated Storage Box. Any Plans To Fix That ? As Far As Adding Items Like Food And Organic Polymer To Be Able To Be Stored In Tek Dedicated Storage? 

44 minutes ago, Dekota said:

after this update the s+ mod is broken unable to snap anything s+ mod to anything, and also is making game freeze constantly on my UN-official  server.  I sure hope that they fix this soon as it is pretty game breaking, no one can build or do anything until this is fixed, I can't remove the mod as everyone's structures will disappear.  

We're having the same issue on our server... 

I've looked around and don't see any mention of this anywhere.  I'd love to know if this is one of the "issues" that they mentioned fixing in a recent tweet... 

Nothing like sitting around twiddling your thumbs because WC once again can't provide full info.  Hopefully they will address this soon.