Community Crunch 171: ARK Stream & Homestead Update Tomorrow!

Jen

4 minutes ago, basilmemories said:

Oh that's weird. does this google drive link work then?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jO0ZjXQrEXI9j64dzyTkV31cjRaaA2CV

Only annoying thing is I wish I saw your post earlier. As I Just broke the massive list into a text list all separated by there tiers. Awesome chart though

38 minutes ago, Ninjahunter560 said:

Only annoying thing is I wish I saw your post earlier. As I Just broke the massive list into a text list all separated by there tiers. Awesome chart though

It's no problem! if dododex doesn't beat me to it, i'll probably make a googlesheet version with formatting and. yanno, actual words in the cells, because i realized this doesn't help anyone with a screen reader.

3 hours ago, Lowly said:

Yes, nobody has gone threw and done each boss on each difficulty on each map as of yet, I was planning on doing it as soon as I got my hands on the update, would have had the info up last week but my lovely tester friend had a family emergency

I was searching info about this, but no luck so far.

Anybody?

Sooo..... when are we to expect an update that makes it so players with RTX graphics cards don't constantly crash? And what's up with DLSS being added? Or are they "a little further out?" You guys did go through the trouble of having nVidia add Ark to all their RTX promotional stuff...  Or was that just a marketing ploy to bump sales?  I'm asking because from what i've read on the Unreal Engine's forum that both DLSS and Raytracing  require not only Direct X 12, but also an updated engine which supports the technologies.

• Thanks 1

Love that S+ is here, but not so sure about the kibble... really would have liked more warning and time to prepare... and what are the final recipes? Are they the same recipes that essentially render all my prime jerky useless for kibble?

Do the old kibble recipes still work? Do the already made kibbles still work and what about imprints? 

Also, it says “Characters can be respeced once every 24 hours.”

Is this the same as unlimited respecs, limited to 24 hr increments, or is it also limited to one respec per level? 

For instance, I literally just respeced a character on official yesterday. Does this mean I can respec again 24 hrs after I last respeced without leveling up again, or does it mean I would have to wait 24 hrs to respec again, even if I level up before that time has passed?

P.S. Is beer still useless for anything besides taming chali? 

I see a lot of people asking how kibble and imprinting works. I've spent extensive 100+ hours with the kibble and structures system, here's to hoping I can clear up any worries for you.

Imprinting works the same way, it's just that your babies will randomly prefer any of the six kibbles, as well as any random vegetable, berry, or type of meat (including jerky).

All the recipes for kibble can be found here - https://ark.gamepedia.com/Kibble#Kibble_Rework

Now, because I updated the kibble wiki during the beta, I can't say that all of the dinos producing/preferring are 100% accurate, so I still recommend using the information provided on this post by Jen to figure out what types of kibble things prefer. Up until the point that the dododex has updated all the values, all you wanna do is figure out what kind of kibble the dino you're taming prefers, then go to the dododex and figure out how much of that kibble it will need based on it's level, etc, you know the drill. The taming times are generally still the same, it's just that now they use one of six categories.

Hope that clears this up for those confused, I know change can be overwhelming. Good luck survivors :D

Edited by NeddyTheNoodle
  • Thanks 1