Tek suit now protects from radiation!

thalorien

I went to Ab and tested a few things with Tek suit, first i swam in the pink pools it recharged my armor all nice, than since it was close i decided to set my toe in radiation see what happens (Since there are many topics that tek suit doesnt protect form radiation i expected of getting radiated) but nope, the buzzing noise was on but no damage, soo i went to test it further i took off my helm bumm got radiation damage i quikcly put it on again and no radiation (this all happened on offical server) soo i went further into the red zone evne payed a visist to the rock drake nests

https://imgur.com/a/38UFeOX

So in quite it was fixed and now you can wander around in tek suit in aberration. Well sadly armor takes damage overtime same as hazard hopefully they will make it to consume element to keep you protected tho it might be a bit too op cuz you would only have to swim in the closes pool and good to go xd Well thats all have fun trying it out yourselves!

With extinction you can get better bp for tek suit. This might help with how long you can stay there before repair. plus u get tons of pre made haz suit pcs from doing red osds however i did not know of radiation protection thats nice. I have a full suit never use it because i was afraid of losing it being 100 element to craft but with extinction doing 1 50k vein on 2x yields 500 to 600 element 

18 hours ago, thalorien said:

I went to Ab and tested a few things with Tek suit, first i swam in the pink pools it recharged my armor all nice, than since it was close i decided to set my toe in radiation see what happens (Since there are many topics that tek suit doesnt protect form radiation i expected of getting radiated) but nope, the buzzing noise was on but no damage, soo i went to test it further i took off my helm bumm got radiation damage i quikcly put it on again and no radiation (this all happened on offical server) soo i went further into the red zone evne payed a visist to the rock drake nests

https://imgur.com/a/38UFeOX

So in quite it was fixed and now you can wander around in tek suit in aberration. Well sadly armor takes damage overtime same as hazard hopefully they will make it to consume element to keep you protected tho it might be a bit too op cuz you would only have to swim in the closes pool and good to go xd Well thats all have fun trying it out yourselves!

was this single player or officals

Went to test in official server, and I can confirm what the OP said is true.

It also seems to protect you from Spores as well.

The only problem is that you still have the Geiger counter sound as if you have radiation sickness.

Moreover, sinking yourself in element river with a full tek suit will eat up durability very fast.

4 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Tek suit repair costs don't scale with blueprint quality.

So not really... If you get a 1k dura suit Id think its worth spending the 1k ingots (and no element) to repair. It'll only be primitive repair costs.

I beg to differ. Tek suit set increase with higher durability if it requires repair. I had a tribe mate in an extinction server with a BP-made suit, and the suit that was fully broken takes more material to repair when compared to one made from just plain Tekgram. True, it doesn't use element to repair, but its overall material is literally worth almost the amount to make a cloning chamber.

4 hours ago, Vaculity said:

The only problem is that you still have the Geiger counter sound as if you have radiation sickness.

Moreover, sinking yourself in element river with a full tek suit will eat up durability very fast.

I beg to differ. Tek suit set increase with higher durability if it requires repair. I had a tribe mate in an extinction server with a BP-made suit, and the suit that was fully broken takes more material to repair when compared to one made from just plain Tekgram. True, it doesn't use element to repair, but its overall material is literally worth almost the amount to make a cloning chamber.

I think its pretty balanced considering Tek Blueprints only have 3 crafts like Fishing Rod BPs. Atleast we dont need the element. If you have tek arm bps I believe it isnt a stretch to require 5k ingots to repair (damn.. that mustve been a nice bp) 

5 hours ago, Vaculity said:

Ill have to show you the costs of mine. When extinction released titans dropped premade tek. Maybe those particular pieces are bugged and dont have a repair cost increase? 

On 3/4/2019 at 12:24 AM, d1nk said:

I think its pretty balanced considering Tek Blueprints only have 3 crafts like Fishing Rod BPs. Atleast we dont need the element. If you have tek arm bps I believe it isnt a stretch to require 5k ingots to repair (damn.. that mustve been a nice bp) 

It is a stretch. No one would want to waste their materials spending that much to repair just because of shenanigans... unless you are in PvP.

On 3/4/2019 at 1:21 AM, Wazzamaniac said:

Ill have to show you the costs of mine. When extinction released titans dropped premade tek. Maybe those particular pieces are bugged and dont have a repair cost increase? 

That might have been the case. I recalled anything that can be repaired has an increased cost if the item made was by bp with stats higher than its base from Engram/Tekgram.

1 hour ago, Vaculity said:

It is a stretch. No one would want to waste their materials spending that much to repair just because of shenanigans... unless you are in PvP.

That might have been the case. I recalled anything that can be repaired has an increased cost if the item made was by bp with stats higher than its base from Engram/Tekgram.

Image courtesy of @Demerus. As you can see, it's already 1/3 of the durability down, but repair costs are in line with a primitive tek rifle. This is of course bp crafted

unknown.png

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, hip3pop said:

Agreed, @NeddyTheNoodle the tek suit no longer protects from radiation.  Has anybody seen a reference to this in patch notes or asked support?

It does.

Now you have to reequip it after a log out (not every log out though for some reason). 

Seems like a bug but if you just reequip it, it works. 

Archived