Boss Order

Kayvoss

Normaly non Order specially for Bosses, but if u want to play the maps in Order:

Island - Spider, Ape, Dragon ---- Tek-Cave (Video where SE is next Step

SE - Manticore (non event/video that shows next step is aberation (but from notes we know it was aberation)

Aberation - Rockwell (after win u see next step is extinction)

Extinction - End after a win against Alpha King Titan

Ragnarok is unknown atm, 

28 minutes ago, MurjyFranky said:

Normaly non Order specially for Bosses, but if u want to play the maps in Order:

Island - Spider, Ape, Dragon ---- Tek-Cave (Video where SE is next Step

SE - Manticore (non event/video that shows next step is aberation (but from notes we know it was aberation)

Aberation - Rockwell (after win u see next step is extinction)

Extinction - End after a win against Alpha King Titan

Ragnarok is unknown atm, 

This dude Arks.

We all should know the proper order as posted above, if you want to also include the Center and Rag I would fit them in like so:

Island > SE > The Center > Abberation > Ragnarok > Extinction

This ensures you dont get two similar maps back to back (rag, center) and also you can build a good set of dinos to help each subsequent map start.

I believe actual chronological order from releases are: Island > TC > SE > Rag > Abb > Extinction. I cant remember if TC was actually released before SE.. Been a long time.

EDIT: Thanks below :) I actually like that order better. Now it goes low spawn map > big spawn map rotation

2 minutes ago, Rattasaur said:

How are Ragnorok and the Center similar maps?

Well.. two things: If you're trying to respond to someone use the quote or tag feature.. 

Two: TC and Rag are very similar. Large maps, insane OP dino spawns, higher spawn weight, better spots to harvest en masse compared to vanilla, both mod maps, both non cannon and without explorer notes.. Plus more. You have to understand the impact TC and Rag both had upon the game. Both contributed to the power creep. The game isnt balanced maining these maps. 

On The Island you get a good artificial difficulty barrier.. dino spawn levels. This makes for a lot more longevity. The first day on TC or Rag you can have multiple 150s tamed.

When TC came out it changed ARK a lot. Suddenly tribes are making massive breeding projects, massive trades happeneing and massive progress into tribes' progression due to TC hardcoded harvest boost and dino spawn weight. 

This was multiplied once TC Redwoods was released and even more when Rag was released. We saw the tame cap issues, dino spawn issues, born wild issues - all due to The Center.

@d1nk

Well ... Two things. ?

1st. It was an open question to anyone who wanted to respond, not just you. However, thank you for the explanation 

2nd. I am typing one handed as I stand in a bus getting to work. Trying to delete 90% of a quote just because I wanted clarification on one sentence is too troublesome. Sorry.

]

1 hour ago, Rattasaur said:

@d1nk

Well ... Two things. ?

1st. It was an open question to anyone who wanted to respond, not just you. However, thank you for the explanation 

2nd. I am typing one handed as I stand in a bus getting to work. Trying to delete 90% of a quote just because I wanted clarification on one sentence is too troublesome. Sorry.

]

Well considering I was the only one to say such a statement, I responded accordingly. You dont need to get offended over a post :P In no way, shape or form was it an attack on you or what you said.

I feel you with the one handed thing. I have never logged on STA on a computer, I do it 100% from my Cellphone.. hence all my small spelling / grammar errors xD 

Lets have a discussion, not an arguement!

4 hours ago, d1nk said:

Well.. two things: If you're trying to respond to someone use the quote or tag feature.. 

Two: TC and Rag are very similar. Large maps, insane OP dino spawns, higher spawn weight, better spots to harvest en masse compared to vanilla, both mod maps, both non cannon and without explorer notes.. Plus more. You have to understand the impact TC and Rag both had upon the game. Both contributed to the power creep. The game isnt balanced maining these maps. 

On The Island you get a good artificial difficulty barrier.. dino spawn levels. This makes for a lot more longevity. The first day on TC or Rag you can have multiple 150s tamed.

When TC came out it changed ARK a lot. Suddenly tribes are making massive breeding projects, massive trades happeneing and massive progress into tribes' progression due to TC hardcoded harvest boost and dino spawn weight. 

This was multiplied once TC Redwoods was released and even more when Rag was released. We saw the tame cap issues, dino spawn issues, born wild issues - all due to The Center.

Since when the center has insane OP dino spawns similar to ragnarok?

12 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Dont you mean since when has rag had the same as center? The center was first with the spawn weight increased and Rag copied their code for that.

Uhm maybe I did not understand you well. When you said "insane OP dino spawns", did you mean much higher chance for the spawn to be high level, or much more spawns (any level) of the same dino type?

3 hours ago, arkark said:

Uhm maybe I did not understand you well. When you said "insane OP dino spawns", did you mean much higher chance for the spawn to be high level, or much more spawns (any level) of the same dino type?

In this case, both. 

Ragnarok used the same spawn weight as TC has and there a lot more spawns and they spawn in more groups.

Its truely insane. Experiencing it first hand right now 

Are you planning on following the lore? In that case, this is the order in which you play the maps:

The Island > Scorched Earth > Aberration > Extinction

Here’s the order of the bosses: 

The Island: Spider > Megapithecus > Dragon > Overseer (after the overseer you’ll ascend to Scorched Earth)

Scorched Earth: Manticore > unreleased tek boss (the map doesn’t have ascension or a final boss yet, presumably there will be in the future — as well as a cutscene that’ll take you to Aberration)

Aberration: Rockwell

Extinction: Forest Titan, Ice Titan, Desert Titan, King Titan

The Center and Ragnarok are non-canon, but if you don’t care about the lore you can obviously play them. I’m not sure where they’d go in this order, probably in between The Island and Scorched Earth. 

Archived