P+ requires BE? Seriously?

Xenithar

OK, the last time I tried P+ was before release. I had a slower PC and it took like ten minutes to get into a game. So today I decided to try it again. This rig has a RAID0 array consisting of two WD 1TB Black drives (single platter, not multi) which can get me from clicking the Ark icon to being in a server in under a minute. It still takes almost ten minutes, really?

That aside, I have an issue. I do not use BE due to how insanely invasive it is. I start Ark with the "No BattlEye, Unofficial Only" option and play fine day to day. So I activate P+, restart Ark, select The Center as my map, and try to host a non-dedicated session for a friend and I. I sit for about ten minutes, then it exits to the desktop demanding I install BE. What the literal hell? I can play all six maps without BE, so why the hell is P+ trying to force this pile of crap on me? Am I missing an option somewhere? Are the startup parameters not enough? Should I get out HxD and start dissecting the executable and looking for ways to force BE off there? How do I play P+ without BE?

Archived