Equus Breeding Reward and Parentage

docredduke10

I was perusing the Discord chat the other day and saw a post where someone was asking about the devs including parentage on offspring with the mutation levels, like they do in the pc version of ARK.  One of the staff responded that they could not do that until they finished the equus breeding tree.  I am paraphrasing.  Has anyone here reached the last Equus type yet?  If so, did you get a quest reward?

I haven’t reached the last type yet, far from it. I did however get a new type with the last set of babies. In this lineage, I skipped from no label equus to swift equus. I have been slowly working my way up the equus power but am still short of Maiden equus power.

But maybe I have stumbled into something just a bit ago. I set 2 females to breed and went scouting while they gestated. When I return I have just enough time to get some berries. One female drops a set of twins. I usually get identical twins, stats and color. This time though there is a small difference. One of the babies is a “Swift Lazy” equus, where it’s sibling is a regular Swift equus. Is this supposed to be possible or is it a glitch? I don’t know what it’s equus power is yet, but it’s parents have 3.68-3.70 Swift equus power. I thought that Lazy equus came before Swift and wasn’t aware that you could have a hybrid of the two classes. The twins have identical stats, so I really don’t know what to think of this.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

Eta: I used 400% speed to mature the equus and the twins came out with the same equus power, an unremarkable 3.66 for both the regular swift equus (F) and for the Swift Lazy Equus (M). I tend to kill offspring with lower equus power than the parents, but I think I will use these two to breed as a separate line for a bit to see if the offspring inherit the Swift Lazy tag. ?

I’m not sure if it’s a nice find just yet lol. But thanks even so. 

Today I managed to breed the Swift Lazy male to his birth twin. The first matured to something unworthy of a tame slot, so I bred them again and currently have a set of twins to mature now. None have inherited the Swift Lazy class. 

I also bred the parents that gave me the Swift Lazy twice today. The first breeding gave me a male with a very slightly better equus power (+0.01), so I put him in to breed with the females. The new male and original female gave me a set of twins, and again one is a Swift Lazy equus. This time both babies are males, and again are same otherwise. It’s a bit odd that only males have been Swift Lazy, but it’s too early for me to be sure if only males can be a hybrid class.

Does anyone know what is going on? A google search yields the posts in this forum, and videos on taming but not much on breeding. Surely someone else has also run into this. I’m halfway hoping it’s a step before Maiden class but I’ll not hold my breathe. I thought Maiden class came somewhere after equus power of 4, and from what I’ve experienced equus power can jump suddenly or crawl painfully slow. So I could be right on the cusp or not even close lol.  

Archived