If you could update the game what would you add?

Srinija

4 hours ago, Royalstar said:

I’d add a bloom setting for console. 

I agree 100%. 

I've been saying for years it'd be nice to have some more graphic customization for consoles - Bloom, Lightshafts, Ground clutter sliders - Being able to tune down graphics even more if desired to make the game run smoother, certain other graphics options PC has. I know it's still a console at the end of the day. It's not going to perform close to a PC - but give us a few options. The big ones are at least bloom, shaft and clutter.

3 hours ago, d1nk said:

I agree 100%. 

I've been saying for years it'd be nice to have some more graphic customization for consoles - Bloom, Lightshafts, Ground clutter sliders - Being able to tune down graphics even more if desired to make the game run smoother, certain other graphics options PC has. I know it's still a console at the end of the day. It's not going to perform close to a PC - but give us a few options. The big ones are at least bloom, shaft and clutter.

8 hours ago, Royalstar said:

I’d add a bloom setting for console. 

Just go into singleplayer when you first get on ark and type; cheat r.bloomquality 0

4 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Just go into singleplayer when you first get on ark and type; cheat r.bloomquality 0

This still works ? I thought they removed this function before the game entered full release ? 

Edit: just tested it out and it does lol. I assume you have to do this every time you log into Ark ? 

I would remove (stat-) mutations

Introduce some kind of orp mechanic to all pvp servers

Put all official pvp servers in clusters of 1/2 of each map or place them in a chess field like system where you can only travel to the maps that are placed right next to your current one

Rebalance some creatures

Fix a lot of bugs

Bring the maps on par regarding resource availability and wild creature level

Remove climbing picks until theres a solution to meshing

2 hours ago, Piffguru said:

Wait so if on console you go into single player and cheat to change the bloom quality it will continue onto multiplayer server?

17 minutes ago, flamron said:

Just for the session that you play. Once you close app it resets. Wish it would stick. Bloom sucks so bad on PS4...

Yes, the only problem is with loading in.. usually the most you get kicked is upon initial login. If the game closes or you get dashboarded you need to do it again.

I heard ground clutter is persistant though

Hello,

In this update we

Reintroduced the pretTLC rex as skin and with old behavior. Happy tail swing is back.

AI, dino now is set to attack target if one tribe dino is killed for 30 minutes after 30 minutes old settings are restored.

AI, dino now dismounts rider and set to flee passive if health is low.

All dino fliers now get speed imprint. Non dino do not.

Introduced cryopods in drops.

Structures now have 6x more health if offline in pvp, pve can also get a similar change in future updates.

NA players can only connect with EU server during EU day.

EU players can no longer connect with NA servers during NA night.

Purlovia introduced in player spawn areas and can attack and damage all structures built there. Purlovias only attack survivors above level 60. They are invisable for all survivors.

Gacha now pickup eggs.

Foundations and roofs now have option to stop or not stop creature spawns.

Tribe player alliance structure limit for pillars and foundations is now maximum 40.

Single structure decay have been removed and will not return.

Players now go poof the same way as wild dinos under the map go poof, excluding caves and tamed dinos.

Well that is all.

TeamWildOnes.

22 hours ago, SomeGuy124 said:

Wyvern breeding

I'd expand that to "all tameable creatures breeding"

14 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

I’d add ascension to Scorched Earth just so the in game mechanics are in line with the lore.

Seconded!

Other than that:

• Revamp the whole building system. Scrap it and start over.
  • "Engram groups" so that I don't need to spend engram points on both Sloped thatch wall left and right.
  • All creatures being breedable.
  • Autorun toggle.
  • Remove Troodon taming (make it a usual knockout or something).
  • Removing Ichtyornis and Pegomastax or at least make their aggro range to where you have to get right up in their faces.
  • Reducing the frequency and length of fog.
  • NO UNDERWATER FOG! ?
  • All creatures being breedable
  • Rebalance the leveling so that mid game and mid/early game tames are viable at least for some time
  • Make the Trike more powerful than the Stego ❤️ :P (I really feel the Trike is made to low tier ?, it's my favourite)
  • More achievements (shameless plug)

Oh, and did I mention?

• All creatures being breedable ❤️❤️❤️ 

I would add better AI for all creatures. Make them behave more like real animals, not the simplistic automatons they are now. Wild animals should shun/avoid humans for the most part, so make them wander away from us instead of [randomly] walking right up.  The more aggressive ones should only attack if a human gets too close (or if they're a predator and are hungry). And there should be more interactions between wild creatures in general, and between them and the environment (e.g. piranhas attacking anything in the water, herbivores actually eating plants which then disappear, etc.) The game is gorgeous, but the oversimplified animals break the illusion of a real world.

20 hours ago, ArianaGaming said:

AI, dino now is set to attack target if one tribe dino is killed for 30 minutes after 30 minutes old settings are restored.

AI, dino now dismounts rider and set to flee passive if health is low.

NA players can only connect with EU server during EU day.

EU players can no longer connect with NA servers during NA night.

Tribe player alliance structure limit for pillars and foundations is now maximum 40.

Terrible terrible ideas. I want to control my creatures and not have them do stupid things on their own. I also want to keep playing with my mates that ive met in ark about 2 years ago, many of them from na while im from eu. Not sure if i understand the structure limit correctly, but i dont want to be limited on the bunber of structures i can build. 

The pods in drops is good tho and turning resource blocking on/off on pillars/foundations is very cool as well. 

19 hours ago, Zahlea said:

All creatures being breedable

If this happens we need a heavy nerf to creatures like wyverns, reapers, griffins... first. But i prefer it the way it is now, mixes up the system a little bit.

Since we're tossing out ideas, I would like some sort of skill system. Say.. sort of like the theri extra harvest bit.. but on humans. 

These skills arent tied to your character level, you gain them as a seperate exp type from doing that task. You would specialize, THEN start gaining exp. The specialize 'perk' could be locked behind a certain character level, say.. 80 or even 100. Once you hit this level you get a sub menu you can choose different specializations in: Crafting (speeds up crafting - make crafting skill only for the bonus%) Combat ( Increases stamina and melee attack speed 10% at maxed) Taming ( When maxed - Allows for a debuff to be used once every 2h lets say. Instantly gives 5-10% tame, similar to boxes o chocolate) Breeding ( When you imprint claim a tame it instantly gains a few % ((this im not sure of - 2%? To make the initial hand feed easier?))

Etc. You can level these by taming, hatching etc when specced to the skill, you can switch between every 24h (via mindwipe) also.. fix mindwipe for maxxed official players.

Just some random ideas I had for fun.

Archived